Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    To the top!!1
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I'm game. I don't know my true body fat percentage, so I'll go by the U.S. Navy Circumference Method found here: http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

Weight: 132
    Height: 5'5
    Sex: F
    Body Fat : 20.3%
    Daily Calories: 1500 + most of my exercise calories Mon-Fri, but I don't log on weekends.

BF Goal (optional): I think I'm pretty much there! Maybe 18%, if I can lose it from my thighs without getting bony on top.

Count me IN!
    I just did the website that LorinnaLynn did:

Weight: 143
    Body Fat : 27.6%
    Min. Calories according to above website: 1,821

...and boy, it looks like my MFP settings are way off...!
    MFP has me at 1,290 calories a day, and YES I eat back every one of my exercise calories.
    I guess it's doing that b/c I only want to lose about 10 lbs. overall...??

Do I just open up my diary for this one?
    Thanks again!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Height: 60 inches
    Weight: 131.6 lbs
    Bodyfat: 26.6% (Bod Pod)
    Calories: 1400-1500 (I seem to lose at 1400 total regardless of activity, will eat more on a day with abnormally high activity, 1700 or more and I maintain)

Just had the Bod Pod analysis done a couple hours ago, so those measurements are FRESH!
  • katedonn5
    katedonn5 Posts: 16
    Options
    Visiting my trainer this weekend and will get caloric restrictions at that time. At this point, I eat healthy and keep it under 2000 calories a day. After this weekend, I will be paying attention to calories, carbs, protein, fat, etc. I generally would say I am in the 1700 range.

At my last weigh-in and caliper body fat measurement, I was the following:

Height: 5 even
    Weight: 113.8lbs
    Bodyfat: 18.6%

Bodyfat goal is between 8-10% by October. I am training for a fitness competition otherwise I would be happy with my bodyfat as is. I lift 5 days a week and workout 6. I aim to run 6 days a week but also include other classes such as ab classes, kettlebell, pilates, weight lifting classes (somewhat aerobic) and interval runs.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Visiting my trainer this weekend and will get caloric restrictions at that time. At this point, I eat healthy and keep it under 2000 calories a day. After this weekend, I will be paying attention to calories, carbs, protein, fat, etc. I generally would say I am in the 1700 range.

At my last weigh-in and caliper body fat measurement, I was the following:

Height: 5 even
    Weight: 113.8lbs
    Bodyfat: 18.6%

Bodyfat goal is between 8-10% by October. I am training for a fitness competition otherwise I would be happy with my bodyfat as is. I lift 5 days a week and workout 6. I aim to run 6 days a week but also include other classes such as ab classes, kettlebell, pilates, weight lifting classes (somewhat aerobic) and interval runs.

Can I have your daily average calories? Also, not to discourage you but you might want to reevaluate your bf% goal. Once you hit 12% body fat, you are eating into your essential body fat. Below is a chart and some information you might want to read up on.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/body-fat-chart.php

All, keep it coming!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Height: 60 inches
    Weight: 131.6 lbs
    Bodyfat: 26.6% (Bod Pod)
    Calories: 1400-1500 (I seem to lose at 1400 total regardless of activity, will eat more on a day with abnormally high activity, 1700 or more and I maintain)

Just had the Bod Pod analysis done a couple hours ago, so those measurements are FRESH!

Did your Bod Pod analysis give you an RMR as well?
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Ht: 64 inches
    Wt: 131 lbs.
    BF: 18%

Calorie goal: net 1530; average taken across 1 random week was 1733/day
  • mykismitty
    mykismitty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MissChelleBelle
    MissChelleBelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Height: 66 inches
    Weight: 133 lbs
    Body Fat : 23% (according to my scale)

Daily Calorie Goal: 1200 (until I reach my goal weight - 6 lbs to go!)

BF Goal: 21.5%
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'll play :)

Height: 5'6.5"
    Weight: 141 lbs
    Body Fat : 23.3% (Navy method); 24.5% (bio-impedance analysis last month)

Daily Calorie Goal: ~2150 total average daily calorie intake
    BF Goal: ~21.5%
  • FifiLea
    FifiLea Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Body Fat : 26.82%
    Daily Calories: 1230 (plus I eat back exercise calories which are usually only about 230 cals)
    Weight: 163

Edited to say: I'm currently losing between 1-1.5lb each week.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Thanks everyone... I am starting to get some good responses... Keep them coming.
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Here's my stats :)

Weight: 108lbs
    Height: 5'3"
    Boby Fat: 18%
    Daily Cals: 1230 ( will eat my excersise cals back if I am hungry or if it dips too low)

BF Goal: I just want to tone up my lower body mostly
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Weight: 132
    Body Fat : 20.3%
    Daily Calories: average 1800

It's ten days later and I need to update mine. :smile:

Current Weight: 130.5
    Current BF: 19.9%

I averaged about 1800 calories during that time, and was aiming for a half pound a week loss. I'm going to up my calories another 100 a day. Not quite to maintenance, but just a .25 pound a week loss, and see how that goes.
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 205 lb
    Body fat: 34.2% According to the Navy method.
    Daily calories: 1840 NET (goals are set to lose .5 LB/week)

Goal BF% 23% or so
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Thank you everyone. The data is starting to come along fairly nicely. Keep it coming. So far I have 34 people that have provided me information. Once I hit 50, I will start doing some in depth analysis. Eventually, when time permits, I will write out my finding and post it in a second thread with some conclusions.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    It's time for another bump!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Sex: M
    Weight: 189 lbs
    Body Fat : ~15%
    Daily Calories: 2100

BF Goal (optional): 11-12%

Was eating 1800 calories per day for a very long time. In the past few weeks, I've increased to 2100 calories to slow down my weight loss. According to Lyle McDondald, your body can only support a deficit of ~33 calories per pound of fat. Anything greater than that you run the risk of burning some muscle. So as you lean out, you do need to create a smaller deficit in order to keep making changes in body composition.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Sex: M
    Weight: 189 lbs
    Body Fat : ~15%
    Daily Calories: 2100

BF Goal (optional): 11-12%

Was eating 1800 calories per day for a very long time. In the past few weeks, I've increased to 2100 calories to slow down my weight loss. According to Lyle McDondald, your body can only support a deficit of ~33 calories per pound of fat. Anything greater than that you run the risk of burning some muscle. So as you lean out, you do need to create a smaller deficit in order to keep making changes in body composition.

Completely again. This is why I suggest once you are within 20-30 lbs to decrease your deficit to 250 calories per day. And thanks for providing the data!
  • donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey, just wanted to let you know that the body fat% I gave you was wrong unless my body gained body fat since I last checked (god, I hope not! LOL). It is actually 30.9 % according to my scale.

~Donna