Started JM 30 Day Shred today, anyone else?

Options

Replies

• princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    07/07/2011 D1L1
    07/08/2011 D2L1
    07/09/11 D3L1
    07/10/11 D4L1
    07/12/11 D5L1
    07/13/11 D6L1 - Made it through!
    Modifications:
    1) Raised my legs to 90 w/the chest fly and felt much more effort
    2) Got most of the side lunges (using 10lb kettleball)
    3) Definitely more energy today then 11th or 12th! TOM is here :-\ So I'm happy with what I got done!
    4) Made it through all cardio!
    5) Push-ups killed me today, usually I can do 10 real & then finish w/knees on 1st set and then 5 real & finish on knees second set, but I didn't make it today. :( My knees literally caved in (fatigue)

6) Finished with 10 minute solutions Pilates ~ 10min Flexibility (for stretch) ALWAYS feel so refreshed! I love that one. (on Netflix instant stream)
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Did Day 6 L1 today. I jogged in place for a few mintues while the video was starting up so I was a little more warm when the video started. That helped. I also got a smaller sports bra. I hadn't bought a new one since losing 50 pounds so things were getting a little giggly. Sorry for the TMI, but I found it really helped me get through all the jumping this morning. I still struggle with that first cardio circuit, but I did better today.

I have a trampoline aerobics class I usually go to on Wednesday nights, so I will see if I can do that tonight too. That will be a real test. I think that class is why my legs haven't really been sore doing the shred, so I know I will be lots of leg work today if I do that tonight too.

Have a great day everyone and enjoy the shred!
  • CRmom2
    CRmom2 Posts: 73
    Options
    Day 6 Level 1 completed!! Felt really great today too...much more endurance then day 1! Legs aren't as sore as they had been after the video on the other days so hopefully that is a good sign! How is everyone else doing today?
  • pepperedmoth
    pepperedmoth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Day 4 L1 done! Today I did it as a cool down after my run, which was nice. I stretched during the warmup, swapped out boxing for the jump rope (my calves get too mad at me), and I pushed through strength and abs, doing the crunches about twice as fast as in the video. Those anterior raises still KILL, and I can only do knee pushups! Working on it...
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of myself. Not only did I do Day 6 L1 this morning, I went to my trampoline aerobics class today. I hadn't gone in two weeks because my schedule has been wierd. I could tell my legs were tired during the class, but I could tell the shred has made a difference. I had a much easier time doing the crunches in class and my heart rate was lower throughout the class. This is making a huge difference to me.
  • sigsone
    sigsone Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 8 completed today. Another day closer to level 2.
  • millar93
    millar93 Posts: 9
    Options
    I started it yesterday! :)
  • Sessa1984
    Sessa1984 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just started JM 30 Day Shred today too.
    Sw 192.4
    CW:189.4
    UGW:130
  • hannahyareli
    hannahyareli Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    completed day 8l1 and also went walking for 45 minutes.
  • princess_in_power
    Options
    Regarding the Stretching Warming Up/Cooling Down

I do a pilates/yoga 10-25 min video (just a random one I find through netflix) the afternoon/evening after I do her video in the AM & it has kept me moving through hers smoothly! Since pilates is about flow & control, it actually helps release the tense muscles from her workout. I LOVE the combo! It usually leaves me refreshed when I wake up in the morning to get w/it on her workout (jillian) even on weekend here!

Is that on instant stream? I have Netlifx & I LOVE yoga. I'm not good at it but I enjoy it so it won't be hard to improve (:
    I just finished D3L1. It was deffinantly better than yesterday. I'm hoping the pattern won't continue and tomorrow will be good as well.

Yes it's the instant streaming =)
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Did L1D7 today - not going to badly tbh...the anterior raises - thx to whoever said they stretched their legs as wide as poss - it DOES help! Woohoo!

Only 3 more on L1....I hated L2 last time, so it will be interesting to see if I feel any love for it this time through!
  • princess_in_power
    Options
    07/07/2011 D1L1
    07/08/2011 D2L1
    07/09/11 D3L1
    07/10/11 D4L1
    07/12/11 D5L1
    Modifications:
    2) Got in most of the side lunges (using 10lb kettleball)
    3) Definitely more energy today then 11th or 12th! TOM is here :-\ So I'm happy with what I got done!
    5) Push-ups killed me today, usually I can do 10 real & then finish w/knees on 1st set and then 5 real & finish on knees second set, but I didn't make it today. :( My knees literally caved in (fatigue)
    6) Finished with 10 minute solutions Pilates ~ 10min Flexibility (for stretch) ALWAYS feel so refreshed! I love that one. (on Netflix instant stream)
    07/14/11 D7L1 -
    Modifications:
    1) Raised my legs to 90 w/the chest fly and felt much more effort (also lowered 3x)
    2) Did side lunge w/arm raises using 10lb Kettleball (I think my permanent switch, I like it better)
    3) TOM is here :-\ So I'm happy with what I got done! (not as much energy as yesterday)
    4) Made it through all cardio! (following natalie!!)
    5) Push-ups still killed me today, only got 3 real on first set, 1 real on 2nd set, NO upper body strength today :( (fatigue)
    6) Using 5lb weights for all strength moves
  • CRmom2
    Options
    07/07/2011 D1L1
    07/08/2011 D2L1
    07/09/11 D3L1
    07/10/11 D4L1
    07/12/11 D5L1
    Modifications:
    2) Got in most of the side lunges (using 10lb kettleball)
    07/14/11 D7L1 -
    Modifications:
    1) Raised my legs to 90 w/the chest fly and felt much more effort (also lowered 3x)
    2) Did side lunge w/arm raises using 10lb Kettleball (I think my permanent switch, I like it better)
    3) TOM is here :-\ So I'm happy with what I got done! (not as much energy as yesterday)
    4) Made it through all cardio! (following natalie!!)
    5) Push-ups still killed me today, only got 3 real on first set, 1 real on 2nd set, NO upper body strength today :( (fatigue)
    6) Using 5lb weights for all strength moves

Thats a great idea on the chest flies...I will have to try that today! Way to go on following Natalie!
  • CRmom2
    Options
    Did L1D7 today - not going to badly tbh...the anterior raises - thx to whoever said they stretched their legs as wide as poss - it DOES help! Woohoo!

Only 3 more on L1....I hated L2 last time, so it will be interesting to see if I feel any love for it this time through!

Those anterior raises are torture!! I found as well that the wider my stance the easier they are! Congrats on completing Day 7!
  • princess_in_power
    Options

Awesome! :flowerforyou: SO glad I could help! I actually did it by accident (thinking I'd see how strong I was, and watching to get the right angle on my knee bend) and I was surprised, she says on the video to take a wide stance, but doesn't say how wide ;) Now we know! lol
  • SwippleCita
    Options
    Yesterday was d6L1, when do I move to level 2
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options

Modifications:

Thats a great idea on the chest flies...I will have to try that today! Way to go on following Natalie!

I tried it like that today - was good! Tomorrow I may try them outstretched but no more than a foot off the floor...I think she does something like that in No More Trouble Zones. I remember it being gruelling!
  • princess_in_power
    Options
    Modifications:
    I tried it like that today - was good! Tomorrow I may try them outstretched but no more than a foot off the floor...I think she does something like that in No More Trouble Zones. I remember it being gruelling!
    Wow, so glad to know I can encourage others :love:
    I just try to keep myself working and during the parts that don't seem intense enough to me, I try to modify it to increase my results. Glad I'm sharing and can encourage others!
    Of course some mod's are to keep up too, lol :bigsmile:
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Just did D4 L1 this morning - I was a little less sore today than in the past three days, so that makes me happy! The anterior raises still really get to me... and I always have trouble not straining my neck during the ab moves - does anyone have any tips to minimize that?
  • CRmom2
    Options
    Yesterday was d6L1, when do I move to level 2

I am curious about that as well. I know that some have said that you should do each level for 10 days but I might go a little longer since I have missed a couple days. I might even try level 2 and see how I do and decide from there.