Unexpected

Options
sunkisses
sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
What are some things people about you that people wouldn't expect if they didn't know you very well? Special talents, abilities, experiences you've had, something that contradicts your appearance, etc.

Replies

• sunkisses
    Options
    I speak Spanish REALLY well.

I lived in 23 different places by the time I was 18, and I wasn't a Military kid.

We were nearly homeless once when I was little.

- There, you've got a start. Post. I'll be bumping this in the morning.
  • melon_e
    melon_e Posts: 58
    Options
    Hmmmm....I love rap music. Like, hard core rap!! Most of my friends don't know that, but my iPod is loaded. Haha
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have a 9 year old son who has survived a 12 hour seizure, had leukemia twice before his 4th birthday, had brain surgery to remove seizures... and I still manage to look on the bright side and have an awesome sense of humor.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I love old jazz and I read the "Did You Know" facts on the back of my oatmeal packets everytime I eat oatmeal...Dork, I know. LOL
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I was gonna start listing all the nerdy stuff I'm into but my nerdyness is pretty apparent when you meet me. : /
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I am much more comfortable hanging out with guys and really don't have any friends that are girls except my sisters.

I am a complete klutz, always falling and getting hurt.

I have an almost 21 year old son.
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm extremely flexible, also I can mimic foreign accents pretty well.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I have a 9 year old son who has survived a 12 hour seizure, had leukemia twice before his 4th birthday, had brain surgery to remove seizures... and I still manage to look on the bright side and have an awesome sense of humor.

OMG You son is a fighter...I hope you find a cool nickname that means warrior to call him. I am so inspired by his battles. I have 2 children with Autism and can not imagine what it is like to have your brain torture you all the time.Their names mean "The One" and "Spiritual Fire" I didn't know it at the time, but it was so appropriate.
  • hillbillygeek
    Options
    I love cello solo music, but you couldn't tell it by looking at me. All my friends know I'm a great country music (80s) fan, and that's normally what I enjoy. But in those quiet moment when I'm relaxed and meditative, it's strictly cello solo for me.
  • Lily0013
    Lily0013 Posts: 28
    Options
    I am intelligent. Like genius level. (Not trying to brag) But everyone treats me like I'm stupid because I am blond, short, and female. It's easier just to lwt them be happy with their preconceptions
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i have a fixation with mug shots. I like to get on the local jail inmate search and start with the A's! I also buy a monthly paper that has mugshots from the surrounding counties i live in.

I like to look at them and wonder how and why they got where they are. I believe everyone has a story.
  • sunkisses
    Options
    I've been proposed to twice, but I never married either of the guys, and I never want to be married.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I've been proposed to twice, but I never married either of the guys, and I never want to be married.

I have never been proposed to...and I was married for almost 20 years!
  • sunkisses
    Options

I have never been proposed to...and I was married for almost 20 years!
    This is cool.
  • Camppryor21
    Options
    I love sports you can tell than buy the way I dress. I can talk sports for hours. BUT most people dont know that, Im a complete nerd.
    If you turned on my tv the channels I have programmed are Discovery, NatGeo, Science, and the History channel.
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options

OMG You son is a fighter...I hope you find a cool nickname that means warrior to call him. I am so inspired by his battles. I have 2 children with Autism and can not imagine what it is like to have your brain torture you all the time.Their names mean "The One" and "Spiritual Fire" I didn't know it at the time, but it was so appropriate.

Two sons with autism? Wow... I can't imagine that! My son also has autism. (technically he has a severe neurological delay, but many of his characteristics are autistic). The meaning of his name is "God is my salvation". :)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I am very shy
  • DevanEve
    DevanEve Posts: 130
    Options
    I work out to classical music, spin Drum 'n Bass with my boyfriend and play World of Warcraft. :blushing:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like to sing and actually think karaoke is fun, I used to (12 years ago) have an OCD with washing my hands 100+ times a day and still to this day can only tolerate lotion on the back of my hands or else they feel "dirty", I wrote in a diary every day for 21 years (from when I was 10 till 31).....I just stopped last year another OCD I was able to quit perhaps???

I always wanted to be an astronaut growing up, I was a nail biter for 26 years and finally quit april 2010.

my biggest one.....when people meet me now no one suspects or can believe I used to be TWICE the size I am now, until I show them pictures and they are blown away by it!!!
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This is a fun one!

To start, let me see...

I can knock back drinks with the best of 'em, and still stand

I took 8 years of Spanish (grades 7-12 and 2 years in college) and would move to Spain in a heart beat

Almost failed high school bio because I refused to cut up a frog, only to have to dissect much worse in college sciences.

I'm a dental hygienist with a pierced tongue (oh so taboo!)