~*Sexy for Christmas*~

Options

Replies

• themurph8910
    themurph8910 Posts: 124
    Options
    Held off weighing in today....going to weigh in first thing when I get home around 10 am...Hopefully something has gone down
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I realized we're gonna need another challenge - I did day 3 of week 1 tonight (Its technically my second week but I've been repeating days when I don't think I can go up to the next level).

I'm assuming everyone is doing some kind of cardio so maybe a mileage challenge?

Or maybe a challenge like: Add one challenge to your workout this week. Suggestions would be things like - I normally run about 60 seconds and then walk the rest of the time, so adding a second minute of running in the middle of my walk is an additional challenge (did that today though - twice - so I guess I'd need to step mine up). Add another 5-10 pounds of weight to something you normally do (be safe but I find if you aren't working with a trainer you tend not to push yourself as hard as you could with weights, at least for ladies). Walk an extra 15 minutes or up the speed on the treadmill a bit over what you normally do. Hmm...climb more stairs? Whatever.
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    weigh in: 194.8
    goal weight by christmas: 150

currently doing the 3500cal/week challenge and its kicking my butt. I have a baby girl and I work an ungodly amount of hours at work...but I am fitting in a lot more exercise and i'm proud of myself. I'm taking on Zumba, Yoga (normal and bikram), belly dancing, and general gym stuff! i'm pretty serious about getting my butt back in shape and i'm excited about it too! in addition, I might try JM's 30 day shred.
  • JellyBelly12410
    Options
    i want to join. i'm just starting out -- this is day 3 for me. i weigh 350 lbs and im 5'7". my goal by christmas is to be under 300. so thats 51 lbs. gooooooo team sexy!!!!!
  • themurph8910
    themurph8910 Posts: 124
    Options
    I realized we're gonna need another challenge - I did day 3 of week 1 tonight (Its technically my second week but I've been repeating days when I don't think I can go up to the next level).

I'm assuming everyone is doing some kind of cardio so maybe a mileage challenge?

Or maybe a challenge like: Add one challenge to your workout this week. Suggestions would be things like - I normally run about 60 seconds and then walk the rest of the time, so adding a second minute of running in the middle of my walk is an additional challenge (did that today though - twice - so I guess I'd need to step mine up). Add another 5-10 pounds of weight to something you normally do (be safe but I find if you aren't working with a trainer you tend not to push yourself as hard as you could with weights, at least for ladies). Walk an extra 15 minutes or up the speed on the treadmill a bit over what you normally do. Hmm...climb more stairs? Whatever.

I like this.. I am already doing 30 DS -- I plan on doing Zumba at least once a week as well. and I am triaing for a 1/2 so my mileage is up there .
  • keekersmd
    keekersmd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im totally new to the boards but I'd like in on this,christmas time is crazy for me so i'm thinking having the extra confidence boost would help.
    currently stubbornly at 163 and would like to get down to around the 145 ish i was before the two munchkins by christmas :)
  • gethealthygetfit
    Options
    Sorry I was without internet yesterday so I didn't get a chance to post my weight. I am 196. Yay! I went down a pound since the start, but that's not bad for being on my period. I hope everyone else is doing well. Maybe we should start a new thread for the people who are already joined, and say ~*Sexy for Christmas - closed*~ on it. What do you guys think?
  • epalone2
    epalone2 Posts: 8
    Options
    I think it's a great motivation for people, even if they're not on the spread sheet. It gives a time period for the goal, and they're not the only one that is doing it. I think it should stay open just so people are more encouraged to work out and lose weight! Everyone likes a challenge, especially when it includes others! :)
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Weight for today 124.2,:sad: , damn u TOM, is anyone doing 30 day shred or ripped in 30 ?

[img][/img]
    [img][/img]
  • tameko2
    Options
    so further proof that bodies are just weird, I weighed myself this morning and those 2 pounds I gained no longer existed. Whatever!
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My weight is the exact same as last week. Not bad but not good.
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I agree!! Anyone should still join and not worry about being on the spreadsheet. The MFP tools will show you the weekly changes. The more people, the more activity in the thread, the more the motivation for everyone.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I plan to be super dee duper sexy for Christmas this year. Awwwe yea.
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Do any of u guys eat ur exercise cals, if so how is it going for u , i think i am at a plateau :sad: , i did have a splurge day on saturday , and now the scale isn't going back down , i tried eating mines back with no success , any help or advice is much appreciated :flowerforyou:
  • tameko2
    Options
    Do any of u guys eat ur exercise cals, if so how is it going for u , i think i am at a plateau :sad: , i did have a splurge day on saturday , and now the scale isn't going back down , i tried eating mines back with no success , any help or advice is much appreciated :flowerforyou:

I haven't been but if I was down at the weight you are at, I probably would eat some of them. What is your daily calorie deficit? if I were you I'd aim for your deficit to be 250 or MAYBE 500 -- you kind of will have to manually calculate it since MFP will always tell you to eat at least 1200 calories. So like right now if I eat 1500/day that is a 480 calorie deficit but if I was a lower weight, that would only be say a 200 calorie deficit. Then if I worked out and burned 300 calories, I might not eat those calories back in order to maintain that 500 calorie deficit, BUT if I worked out and burned 600 or 700 I'd eat anything over 500.

Actually though, if I was down that low I'd probably only be aiming for a half pound a week (don't want to starve yourself when you're already a healthy weight) so that would be 250/day. So I'd say in your case yeah, you probably should be eating them. But I personally don't plan to until I'm down closer to a healthy weight or unless I do some kind of insanely high burn.
  • Cookie22684
    Options

I haven't been but if I was down at the weight you are at, I probably would eat some of them. What is your daily calorie deficit? if I were you I'd aim for your deficit to be 250 or MAYBE 500 -- you kind of will have to manually calculate it since MFP will always tell you to eat at least 1200 calories. So like right now if I eat 1500/day that is a 480 calorie deficit but if I was a lower weight, that would only be say a 200 calorie deficit. Then if I worked out and burned 300 calories, I might not eat those calories back in order to maintain that 500 calorie deficit, BUT if I worked out and burned 600 or 700 I'd eat anything over 500.

Actually though, if I was down that low I'd probably only be aiming for a half pound a week (don't want to starve yourself when you're already a healthy weight) so that would be 250/day. So I'd say in your case yeah, you probably should be eating them. But I personally don't plan to until I'm down closer to a healthy weight or unless I do some kind of insanely high burn.

Thanks Tameko, i put my weight loss goal at 1/2 and it gave me 1290 to eat and a 250 deficit , i also burned 483 cals through exercise, i would like to be 500 deficit in total , so i should eat back half my exercise cals to lose 1 pound a week , am i right ?
  • gethealthygetfit
    Options
    I think it's a great motivation for people, even if they're not on the spread sheet. It gives a time period for the goal, and they're not the only one that is doing it. I think it should stay open just so people are more encouraged to work out and lose weight! Everyone likes a challenge, especially when it includes others! :)

Sounds good to me. I just wanted to make sure. I agree that it would still be good for people, even if they aren't on the spreadsheet.
  • lildietitian
    lildietitian Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    192.6... down .4... this is a struggle due to health issues but I'm pushing onward and upward!! Think I'm going to cut carbs, that's how I lost most of my weight years ago and it has slowly creeped back (not all but alot)...
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I had a great day yesterday. I went over on my cals, but I wasn't nearly as hungry as I usually am. I had an all fruit breakfast. I was full until lunch. which I then got Chinese. I munched on that the rest of the day. With a few drinks and a snack at night. this morning I was at 196.4. SO, whatever it is I just seem to gain on my weigh in days.

As long as it come off sooner than later.
    I have been cleaning and doing yard work like a mad person. so my cals are a bit screwed up. I have it set to 1200 or 2lb loss. But my maintain is 2150. SO any end of the day 1800 cals or less is perfect for me.
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    192.6... down .4... this is a struggle due to health issues but I'm pushing onward and upward!! Think I'm going to cut carbs, that's how I lost most of my weight years ago and it has slowly creeped back (not all but alot)...

Try cutting only part of your carbs or eating the majority of them in the morning. If your like me, I tend to eat most of them after 2pm.
    Yesterday I ate all fruit for breakfast and steamed rice for lunch. I wasn't hungry for dinner.:smile: