~*Sexy for Christmas*~

Options
I know this is a really odd thing to talk about in July, but I wanted to make a weight loss group with the goal of Christmas in mind. Christmas is 169 days away, that is around 24 weeks. So if you want to make a long term goal based on that, go for it. If you want to make a weight loss goal for the week, month, whatever, that works.

I have joined competitions in the past, but I have had a hard time updating them, but I know it is so important to do so. I think if I actually start one I can stick with it better. I have lost 20 pounds being here, but my scale broke and it was hard for me to update. I weigh myself everything Thursday at my boot camp class, so we should have our weigh in on Thursdays.

Honestly, it would probably be best post at least once a week, if not every day, but for sure once a week and when we need support. Christmas has always been such an important goal for me. I always want to lose weight for Christmas because it is the time family is getting together, the time I get to see people I haven't seen in a while, and I want to be thinner rather than bigger.

I hope other people join me in this, I think we should support each other a lot if we really try.

My starting weight is 197 so my goal weight is 157 which is 2 pounds a week. But my more realistic goal is 165 which is less than 1.5 pounds a week. I think that is more realistic. I have been maintaining for a couple of months, but I need to get a jump start on my weight loss again.

Hope to see people join this competition and get Sexy for Christmas! :smile:

Replies

• abcerc
    abcerc Posts: 58
    Options
    I'm in! I'm at 196 this week, and my goal weight is 150... not sure I'll get there by Christmas, but I hope to be close. I am fairly new to MFP, so I don't know how to join a challenge. What do I need to do so we can stay in contact?
  • kassiec
    kassiec Posts: 8
    Options
    I have set my goal for 12/8/11.. I would love to join you I just dont know how to join a challenge!!
  • kathywoo10
    kathywoo10 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am 186 right now and would like to be between 160 and 165 by Christmas. That is my goal weight right now because I cannot ever remember weighing less that that and like being a little curvy. I might lower it a little but I guess I will see when I get there!
  • risaiz
    risaiz Posts: 47
    Options
    I'd like to join in! I'm currently at 255. I'd like to aim for 215. I need a challenge to help keep me on track. Great idea aiming for Christmas. Feel free to add me! :)
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    ***Singing - "Rockin' around the Christmas tree, have a happy holiday..."**** I'm In. I want Rock Hard Abs for Christmas.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Perfect! I'm shooting for my 21st birthday (which is December 22nd). My goal weight is 140 lbs and if I can lost 1.5 lbs a week I can make it! Anyone is welcome to add me! Good luck all :)
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    this sounds amazing!! in KG i'm 94.4 which if i calculate correctly (94.4 X 2.2 = 207.68lbs) and christmas has always been my goal. If i aim for 1KG a week I will be at my goal weight of 70kg (154lbs) by christmas! this is amazing!! can we also set little weekly challenges we can all strive for? competitions even??

cass
  • gethealthygetfit
    Options
    Wow I am so happy to see people have joined! The only thing you guys have to do is come here for support, since we all have the same goal in mind. We should come here every Thursday to update our weight and talk about our progress and struggles. This will basically just be a place to come and encourage each other. We can come in every day about talk about what we ate and what we did for exercise. I am still wondering if I should make a table with all our weight and percentage. I am still not sure with work full time and school full time.

How is everyone doing so far?
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    this seems awesome!! well atm i'm not going too great because i'm sick. I have no appetite and i'm not exercising so i can rest my body. If I'm able to lose 1 kg a week before christmas i would be over the moon! how many calories are you eating?
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm doing good so far. Just under a week into it and I took my before pictures today. I have 23 weeks and 5 days to lose my goal of 32 lbs. I plan on getting some fun Wii games and use those when I can't make it to the gym :)
  • rure13
    rure13 Posts: 86
    Options
    I'm in (: My starting weight is 179 and my goal weight is 150.
  • zbjs
    zbjs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is just what I was looking for. My current weight is 150. My goal weight is 135.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I kind of want to join I just don't know what my goals would be - I'm kind of struggling with overeating a bit, or at least I have the last couple days. I actually eat LESS when I choose unhealthy things (AUGH) so the last few days when I decided to have shrimp or sushi it was like "oh one more won't hurt..."

That way lies 60 extra pounds.....sigh.

Maybe I'll just keep you guys company.
  • risaiz
    risaiz Posts: 47
    Options
    I just ordered a HRM. It's a Polar Ft7. I'm excited to start using it. I've been at a plateau for about 2 months and I am getting pretty frustrated.

I just got through watching a movie/documentary called Fat Head... I had some time to kill this morning. It was interesting. Here's the link if any of you are interested in watching: http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879/fat-head
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I am totally in
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am in too!

I bought the 30 day shred.
    And can't wait to lose by Christmas. Life took hold last year so I lost my goals.
    But I am back in and this will be great because last year I joined a Christmas loss challenge.

Here's to round 2!:drinker:
  • moffee01
    moffee01 Posts: 68
    Options
    Ohhh me too!! I weigh 248 right now and want to be down to at least 225 by christmas hopefully more. New years eve is my birthday and would love to start the new year right ;-)
  • purplenails
    purplenails Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm 198.5 at the moment and I'd like to be 170 by Christmas. This challenge is just what I need. Looking forward to lots of support and motivation.,
  • utaviator
    utaviator Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • kryscas
    kryscas Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I want to be in! My birthday is shortly after Christmas (December 30) and I would for once like to be 'normal' weight by then. Currently I'm 207 and around 35 lbs to go until I'm in the 'normal' weight category. Sooooo 35 lbs by Christmas! That would put me at 172. (I'm 5'10"). Coooommmmmeee on!!! :)