30 Day Shred start date 7/10/2011

Options

Replies

• llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Level 1, day 10 done - now it's on to level 2!

Amylynn, you just talked me out of doing an extra few days of level 1. Better planks than jumping jacks.

Melissa, I cheated and got on the scale this morning too, and recorded the number (a good loss:smile: ) in a text file on my desktop, just in case tomorrow's "official" weigh-in is a disappointment. I don't know why I do things like that. My weight shouldn't really matter at this point, now that nearly all of the work I have left to do falls under the general headings of toning, tightening, and defiance of gravity.
  • ljacksn3
    ljacksn3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone,

Finished D9L1 this morning... Now got to get back to work. :smile:
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Level 1, day 10 done - now it's on to level 2!

Amylynn, you just talked me out of doing an extra few days of level 1. Better planks than jumping jacks.

Melissa, I cheated and got on the scale this morning too, and recorded the number (a good loss:smile: ) in a text file on my desktop, just in case tomorrow's "official" weigh-in is a disappointment. I don't know why I do things like that. My weight shouldn't really matter at this point, now that nearly all of the work I have left to do falls under the general headings of toning, tightening, and defiance of gravity.

Well done, I am glad you are showing a loss:)
  • Abbietara
    Abbietara Posts: 30
    Options
    Day 7 Level 1 done, plus I did a 2 mile walk this afternoon. It is not easier for me as each day goes by. Shoulders and knees hurt, I should get my HRM tomorrow, Tuesday at the latest. I am thinking of moving on to level 2, maybe it will be easier on the knees. I do not think it will ever be easy until I lose 100 pounds, I am just too fat.
  • Abbietara
    Options
    Duh, thank you so much. I do not know why I did not think of that. You have just made this soooooo much easier for me. THANK YOU!!!!
  • Abbietara
    Options
    Duh, thank you so much. I do not know why I did not think of that. You have just made this soooooo much easier for me. THANK YOU!!!!
  • Abbietara
    Options
    LuckySusan thank you so much, I do not know why I did not think of using my browser to check out these posts.. You have just made this soooooo much easier for me. THANK YOU!!!!:happy:
  • Mveler
    Options
    Day 7 Level 1 Done.
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is day 10 for me. Should I wait until Tuesday to get my exact measurements and weight loss? I was planning on doing it tomorrow. I guess one day either way won't matter. How are you all doing this?
  • Mveler
    Options
    Tomorrow is day 10 for me. Should I wait until Tuesday to get my exact measurements and weight loss? I was planning on doing it tomorrow. I guess one day either way won't matter. How are you all doing this?

I am only measuring on Day 1 and Day 30. I don't know how everyone else will do it.
    I do however weight every Monday Morning.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Day 8 is complete! 2 more shreds, then I'll be starting level 2, which is my favorite out of the 3. :smile:
  • llkilgore
    Options

I am only measuring on Day 1 and Day 30. I don't know how everyone else will do it.

Same here. It's just a coincidence that my weekly weigh in and the start of level 2 happen to fall on the same day.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options

Same here. It's just a coincidence that my weekly weigh in and the start of level 2 happen to fall on the same day.

I'm planning to take measurements after every level. So I'll do them on the day I start level 2 but before I actually do the first workout for level 2. As far as weighing goes I told myself I was only going to weigh on tuesdays, but I'm horrible at that and I end up weighing myself every other day or so lol. I only log it in MFP like twice a week though.
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Ok I think that is what I will do. Take my measurements right before I start level 2. I have been weighing but have not posted it yet on MFP.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I got home from work and started Day 9 L1. About half way through I stopped because I just didn't have the energy to get through. I stopped. Then I was so upset with myself that after about a half hour I started over and did the whole thing from the beginning again. The ironic thing about that is that the first circuit is the hardest for me and I ended up doing that one twice.

I noticed today that my shins were hurting during the jump rope and the butt kicks. I can't wait to get out of level 1 so I can stop jumping so much. Only one more day.
  • llkilgore
    Options
    The ironic thing about that is that the first circuit is the hardest for me and I ended up doing that one twice.

The first circuit is by far the hardest for me. It didn't occur to me until today - the last day - but I wish I'd thought to swap the circuit 1 and circuit 2 cardios.

I did something else today that I wish I'd thought to do earlier: I did the warm up in the video below (the first five minutes) before starting the shred. It helped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZuwpYs6pWE&feature=related
  • FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 10 Level 1!! Had to to it after the kiddos went to bed because it was such a busy day but I got right through it and am definitely ready for level 2 tomorrow.
  • Nlakshmi
    Nlakshmi Posts: 72
    Options
    I decided to try level 2 day 1.... Wow, was I sweating by the time I was done...
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    L1D9 Done!
    I decided I'll take weight/measurements the morning before I start L2D1 and post the difference. It's not huge but it is there. Cardiovascular-health-wise I know I've improved a LOT.
  • KaylaBlu2019
    KaylaBlu2019 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Finished D3L1 late last night, today will be D4.

It's definitely getting easier - even my HRM says I'm burning less but it's still hard.. The bicycle crunches I'm only just beginning to get enough timing and coordination to do.

Weighed in this morning and I've already lost 2lbs since starting on the 15th - which is great for me!

What size weights is everyone using? I'm working with 5lbs in each hand and that side lunges with shoulder raises are killing me!

Have a sparkling day!

xoxo
    Kay