30 Day Shred start date 7/10/2011

Options

Replies

• 2larvae
    2larvae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Got room for one more?

I started on July 9th, and I begin level 2 today! I have to say, the results so far have not been impressive. I hope the level 2 workout will target my hips and butt a little more.

I previewed level 2... looks pretty tough!
  • ljacksn3
    ljacksn3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Day 11 Level 2 Complete.... It's definitely got me sweating, but I find it's no harder than D1L1 was for me. I'm confident that by the end of level 2 I'll be kicking it's *kitten*!
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    D8L1 (yesterday) (Natalie! style woohoo, after, gulp, 3 days off!)

Was still exhausted, so slept through alarm this morning, so not likely to get double dose in today either :(
    So likely D9L1 only today (this afternoon)
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Whew. Day 9 down. I guees tomorrow is supposed to be my last day of L1... Great job to all sticking with it, and not giving up!
  • KaylaBlu2019
    KaylaBlu2019 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Sounds like we've got some serious booty kickin going on! (literally in Lvl 1.. hehe)

Just finished D5L1, and I'm going to do it again one more time tonight.

When I weighed in this morning I had lost 3lbs since I started 5 days ago.. I'm pretty happy about that!

My HRM isn't functioning though and I'm addicted to seeing the calories that I've burned.. might have to go get another one or replace the battery or something before tonight!

Have a sparkling day mfp!

xoxo Kay
  • M12e31g
    M12e31g Posts: 38
    Options
    I've been slacking in posting here, ooops!

Finished week 1 of level 1 strong. Day 8 rolled around and the only way I could motivate myself was by doing level 2, there was no way I could face the same 20 minute workout again. Some parts were easier, a few moves I was lost on. Part of which I think lead to me straining part of my quad. When I went back to doing level 1 last night (day 9), I couldn't do any squats. Stopped the DVD in the middle of circuit 1 and just did my own modified circuit using upper body only. Still woke up to a lb lost, so I'm glad! Hopefully today my quads feel better and I can finish off level 1.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Level 2, day 2 done, and it wasn't quite the shock it was yesterday. I'll have to remember to NOT put my weight on my fingertips when I do the walking pushups. I might have been able to get away with that when I was 5, but not now. Surprisingly the plank jumping jacks didn't seem bad at all this time.
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    Level 2/ Day 10 completed. I started Level 2, on day 9 as regular push-ups were getting easier and I was not getting much of a sweat! Today, I am feeling burn on arms and bottom!:flowerforyou:
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 of Level 2. Wow, all those plank based moves are killer and I have such a hard time doing any ab moves that involve moving both ends of my body at once. The nice thing was that I didn't struggle with the cardio nearly as bad and it certainly wasn't as hard as day 1 of level 1
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 of Level 2. Wow, all those plank based moves are killer and I have such a hard time doing any ab moves that involve moving both ends of my body at once. The nice thing was that I didn't struggle with the cardio nearly as bad and it certainly wasn't as hard as day 1 of level 1

Me too, done Day 1 of Level 2......I am not too bad at planks because I have taken quite a few yoga classes and our instructor was pretty tough. I am happy that there is less cardio but that darn skipping and jumping jacks still gets me...my outside muscles on the back of my thighs actually hurt when I jump........not sure what that is but I keep trying and moving! I think it is an age thing!

I'll just keep plugging along!!!
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    day 12 Level TWO.. DONE... i keep doing it.. but i keep hating it.. :)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Well, I did day 10, level 1..level 2 starts tomorrow! :bigsmile:
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Finished day 6 of level 1 today... Getting a little bored, but I will stick it out the next 4 days until level 2. Also, Jillian's babbling throughout the whole thing is getting a bit annoying, but that's probably because I've been listening to her say the same things for the last 6 days. :tongue:
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Okay at end of level 1: lbs lost: 2.2
    body fat: -0.8%
    inches:
    chest: +0.5in (muscle I hope :)
    waist: -1.1 in
    hips: -1in
    thigh: -0.9in
    calf: +0.2in - I know this is muscle.
    neck: -0.1in
    forearm: -0.2in

And now, Level 2, Day 1:
    I thought someone said no more jumping jacks?? ;):):)
    Didn't do that great, but I think mainly because I had to study the moves to get good form. I should have watched it through last night to preview them. Still dripping in sweat at the end. Tomorrow will be worse since I have no excuse now. :)
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Day 12 Level 2 completed today. I started Level 2 yesterday and I like most of it. There are a few hard moves but I think I will get there. Not as much jumping around in this one. Makes it easier on my knees.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Day 10 started level 2 today! Cardio a little easier, abs a lot harder! Sweated up a storm. Unlike most of you, I don't find Level 2 easier nor do I like it any better than level 1. Sticking with Natalie! You tell she is a true athlete. I am not!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Day 12 L2 done! I am going to be surprised if I can do all those planks even by the tenth day of level 2. I am able to do the plank jacks by doing a modified plank on my forearms but for the other ones I have to be up in a full plank and I just don't have the upper body strength to hold them for that long. I will push it every day though. The chair squats with v raises are hard too, but mostly for my arms than my legs. I think I have a lot more strength in my legs so all my soreness is in my upper body.

Way to stick with it everyone! Great work
  • KaylaBlu2019
    KaylaBlu2019 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good morning! :)

Finished D5L1 yesterday, twice actually! Second workout was a little bit of a "phone it" haha. I was pretty tired so I only burned about 250 instead of my normal 300 cals according to my hrm.
    I won't be doing twice in one day again!! I ended up with way to many cals remaining at the end of the night resulting in no loss this morning.

Will finish D6L1 tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

xoxo
    Kay
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    So I didn't end up doing the shred yesterday... felt so tired and lazy to be honest, I did manage to get out to ride the horse though. So technically today would be D8L1... but I'm not sure if I'm going to try and make up yesterday or not. I've considered doing the workout again tonight but moving on to level 2 (so would be "D9"L2 lol) as I'm getting quite bored of level 1 now lol. We'll see how I feel when I get home from work tonight. I am down another pound though woohoo!
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Ok, D10 L1 done. I will start with L2 tomorrow. I've been reading remarks from everyone on L2. I'm nervous. I still do the modified push ups in L1, so not sure I can handle the plank stuff. Everything else in L1 I am able to do "Natalie" style. I may just start doing push ups outside of this workout to improve that exercise and be able to do the regular version.

Great work all!