30 Day Shred start date 7/10/2011

Options

Replies

• conway69
    conway69 Posts: 1
    Options
    I would be interested but not really sure what I need to do. Please feel me in.

Rhonda
  • snordyke
    snordyke Posts: 3
    Options
    What is this 30 day Shred? If it can help me get into shape and make some new friends along the way, I'm in.
  • mweight123
    Options
    I would love to do this. I just bought the DVD today!
  • FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What is this 30 day Shred? If it can help me get into shape and make some new friends along the way, I'm in.

30 Day Shred is a DVD workout by Jillian Michaels. You can get it at Walmart, Target, etc. for like 10 bucks. There are some really great results posted over in the Success Stories board if you want to see what it can do for you. It's intense but quick.
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Bump
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    k.. just finished my day 3.. i had a few choice words for jillian as the workout went on!!! pushed myself as hard as i could.. i'm soaked!!!
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I did this today :D at like 2 in the morning but i'm counting the calories i burned off for yesterday's food as I didn't have time to workout in the day.
    I went for a run at like 10pm too :D

I'm planning on doing this and 6 week six pack 5 days a week. I want to be able to get in at least 1/2 gym workouts and a few 30 minute runs to.

I hope in 6 weeks time when I've completed 30 day shred and 6 week six pack i'll be able to post pictures on the success stories board.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Ok! Day 1 level1behind me! Tough but I made it through! I THOUGHT I was in shape! :noway:
    My biggest challenge is and will be those darn pushups! I will push through them! I was sweatin a load!
    Took a walk afterwards! I am drained! I LOVE IT!!

I started out using 3lbs weights, but I may have to switch to 2lbs for the that side lunge chest press(can't remember the exact name)
    It was tough with 3lbs. What lbs weight is everyone using?
  • Karaboo
    Karaboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! I bought the DVD last night and planned to start today anyways......hope these 30 days fly by! ; )
  • Abbietara
    Abbietara Posts: 30
    Options
    30DS D1L1 Complete, I have Rice Krispies in my knees, when I do those knees circles they Snap, Crackle, Pop. I do believe Jill has trouble telling time, her 30 seconds FEEL like 5 minutes, but I made it through and look forward to doing it again tomorrow.
  • Abbietara
    Options
    Ok! Day 1 level1behind me! Tough but I made it through! I THOUGHT I was in shape! :noway:
    My biggest challenge is and will be those darn pushups! I will push through them! I was sweatin a load!

I started out using 3lbs weights, but I may have to switch to 2lbs for the that side lunge chest press(can't remember the exact name)
  • Abbietara
    Options
    That was an oops I forgot to add, I am using 3lbs - I do take a break with the arms during that exercise and just keep the legs going for a few before adding the arms again
  • Abbietara
    Options
    That was an oops I forgot to add, I am using 3lbs - I do take a break with the arms during that exercise and just keep the legs going for a few before adding the arms again
  • jtalbot06
    jtalbot06 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I will buy the video today..
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am going to use my 1 pound weights this time around. The first time I tried using the 3lbs ones but it was a bit much. If I want to get through this I need to approach it with some common sense. I am out of shape and will need every advantage this fist go round. I will get to this after hubby leaves for work at 3. I will take measurements and before photos too.
  • amylynn48
    amylynn48 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I am using the 3lb weights as well, and they feel like 20lbs by the time I am done!
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I did Day 1 Level 1 yesterday. Today I did Day 2. My shoulders and upper arms are a little sore but not too bad. I hate pushups!
    My 30 Day Shred Blog: http://susancar.blogspot.com/
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    How is everyone counting calories for 30DS? I was just counting as Circuit Training General. Is this close to being right?
  • hilaryadamec
    Options
    Wow what a weird coincidence. I just finished day 1 of level 1. I'm so excited about this! I started her Ripped in 30 video but I was kind of half assing it. I decided to do Shred instead since I've heard it's somewhat easier than Ripped.
  • hilaryadamec
    Options
    Lucky Susan, I've read it can be logged as circuit training or as calisthenics. The calories burned was exactly the same for both of those, so I don't think it matters.