30 Day Shred start date 7/10/2011

Options

Replies

• mweight123
    Options
    Day 1 Level 1 behind me and it was a huge eye opener as to how out of shape I really am! I am using three pounds weghts as well and tracking this as General Circuit training also. I hope this is the most accurate way. Great Job to everyone who has also completed Day 1. WE CAN DO IT!
  • ccbbrown
    ccbbrown Posts: 3
    Options
    Would love to join. I have had this dvd for a while. It is an extreme workout but a short one. Started it several times but never made it to 30 days. Support now should help.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 4 level 1. I still am struggling with the first cardio segment and with the side lunges with lateral raises, but I do notice that I am getting deeper into my squats and lunges and that I am overall doing better. I can do all the push-ups now, still with my knees on the ground.

I have already lost two pounds since day 1 and that is with still taking a couple of few second catch my breath breaks. It really does work. I am proud of myself because I have tried to start twice before and couldn't even make it past the first few minutes. Feel free to friend me if you want additional support.
  • FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been using 5 lb weights because that's all I have and I have to take a few breaks during that last strength circuit. I just do easier arm movements so I don't stop moving.
  • serendipity74
    serendipity74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please count me in too! I would love to offer support and be part of this.
  • Nexxy
    Nexxy Posts: 33
    Options
    Count me in :) I just got it this last thursday and i did it on friday and i took a brake yesterday cuz i was really sore! so instead i went for a nice walk! but im back at it today again! :) I have faith we can all do it together!! :D
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in, purchased the three DVD of Jillian's-the Yoga Meltdown, Shred and Ripped from Amazon. Haven't looked at Ripped yet, but have done 1 Yoga and am on Day 4 of Level 1 having substituted one day with the Yoga Meltdown instead. wow, she was tough, I couldn't finish lots the first day. Today was much better getting through. Pushups are getting easier (the first round anyhow)..will stay at Level 1 till I can master it...if it's not 10 days then I will keep on.

I will try and friend you all...great motivation to keep at it!

Guess what, can only friend 5 people every 10 minutes----:-(
  • iGarciax3
    iGarciax3 Posts: 14
    Options
    Day 1 Level 1: I have tried for the past two days to get through all 20 minutes which ends up being one big FAIL. Today I was determined to get through level one and only got 13 minutes in before I couldn't catch my breath long enough to continue =/ It's definitley a wake up call to how out of shape I am. I wish I can get through the whole thing. Hopefully as each day goes by I can get through the whole thing without stopping. I'm not giving up , but I do wish I had more willpower.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 1: I have tried for the past two days to get through all 20 minutes which ends up being one big FAIL. Today I was determined to get through level one and only got 13 minutes in before I couldn't catch my breath long enough to continue =/ It's definitley a wake up call to how out of shape I am. I wish I can get through the whole thing. Hopefully as each day goes by I can get through the whole thing without stopping. I'm not giving up , but I do wish I had more willpower.

I couldn't make it through the first few times I tried either. I am now on day 4 of doing the whole thing with a few rest breaks. It gets a little bit easier each time. Keep at it and you will get all the way through and keep going from there.
  • sawalter68
    sawalter68 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Can I still get in on this? I am going to be traveling a lot in the next month and away from the gym. This might be the trick I need to stay motivated to work out.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Another way to track cals burned is to get a heart rate monitor! That 160 burn is probably good for a person 150 and less. But if you are a little heavier you are probably burning a lot more calories.
  • ljacksn3
    ljacksn3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm In! I've used the DVD several times, but never for the 30 days straight. I'm ready. Just finished up Day 2, only 28 more days to go!
  • ljacksn3
    ljacksn3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's good to read that others have difficulty with those side lunges and lateral raises... They kill me every time, but I will push through it. Oh and I'm using 5lb weights, and log the exercise as circuit training.
  • amylynn48
    amylynn48 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ok Day 4 done! I feel it is getting easier and I am not quite as sore. I can at least walk up and down stairs without being in pain, lol! I can certainly feel my endurance building and can do more without losing my breath as quickly. Good luck to everyone!!
  • amylynn48
    amylynn48 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I couldn't make it through the first few times I tried either. I am now on day 4 of doing the whole thing with a few rest breaks. It gets a little bit easier each time. Keep at it and you will get all the way through and keep going from there.

I agree with Dusty, the more times you do it, the easier it gets. I just finished day 4 and wasn't nearly as bad as day 1. And you certainly have not failed!! Everyday that you get up and do it, is a win in my book! Don't be so hard on yourself, you can do it!!
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    30 Day Shred done, Level 1 completed for today! :happy: I need to make sure I complete DVD same time to create consistency.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Day 3 is out of the way.

I'm using 3lb weights because that's what I have. The anterior hand raises and side lunges were really hard for me on my first try back in March, but not so much now. Working out on the resistance machines in the gym has obviously made a difference. What a relief! I haven't been able to add a single weight plate to the machines that work my arms in more than 3 months and was getting really frustrated by the apparent lack of progress. I've been thinking about upping my calorie intake to maintenance for a while to see if it would make it easier to build upper body and core strength.

I'm doing a lot better on the pushups too, and managed to get through the first set today without dropping to my knees. OK, so my form could have been better, and I had to revert to girl pushups for the second set, but still... I could barely have imagined doing 30 seconds worth of "real" pushups a few months ago.

What's still really hard: The circuit 1 cardio, though it's mostly a mental problem now. I can do it but I still hate it and dread it. And the reverse crunches. My tush flat refuses to allow itself to be lifted off the mat.
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 1 Done.

It was rough but I made it.

My 15 year old son has decided to do it with me! He was great!

My weight 216.6
    Waist 43"
    Hips 45"
    Under Breast 38.5"
    Chest 43"
    Upper Arm 16"
    Thigh 27"

His weight 160.4
    Waist 36"
    Chest 35 3/4"
    Belly 33"
    Bicep 12"
  • gingerOHsnap
    Options
    I would really love to try this.
    I started yesterday, and so today will be day 2 level 1.

So, I'm pretty much starting. :P
  • AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    How many of you got your measurements? Its probably a good idea that I do right?

Day 2 down, for me :D Keep it up guys!