30 Day Shred start date 7/10/2011

Options

Replies

• hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    D13L2 done! I ALMOST didn't do it this morning! I slept in and didn't really get the greatest sleep last night, but I figure since I'm up, I may as well do it before work. Then I'm sure we'll play volleyball or ultimate frisbee at work today too.

I'm improving on L2, slowly by surely! But, I don't think I'm seeing any results yet :ohwell: I don't know though, I haven't measured myself recently. I have measurements from 2 months or so ago, which I'm 97% sure they were the same when I started 30DS. I think I'll take some measurements today and see where I'm at. If nothing at all, at least my fitness level is getting better! And that's the most important :smile:

It's really interesting how much easier the workouts get. Not to say that they're easier, but how you can tell that you are getting better and it is less of a struggle. Kind of cool, really!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    30DS day 18, level 2 day 8.
    Done but just barely. I feel like crap today and I'd hoped the workout would help but it didn't.
    I'll have to do a 2nd time in a day when I'm feeling myself again just to make this one count, but not today.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Day 17 L2 done. I did yesterday's last night and then today's this morning. I can tell that makes it harder. I really like to do it in the morning. It is getting a little easier. Those squats and v raises are killers though. I don't know what my barrier is with that, because usually squats dont give me much trouble. I do like this cardio much better. I can't believe I am just getting the hang of this level and its almost time to go to level 3.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    D16L2 done, does anyone else feel like they are just constantly doing shoulder stuff? I feel like almost every strength move makes my shoulders burn and then I still have to do the v raises at the end?!? So far circuit two is the only one I can do all the way through with the 5lbs weights. Circuit one is the walk out push up which I pretty much have down.. just working on getting lower in the push up portion and then I can usually start with the 5lbs ones the second move for that circuit but usually drop down in the middle of each set. Then for circuit 3 I can do the military press with the 5lbs, but then have to go to 15oz cans (I really need to get 3lb weights lol) for the v things.
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    Day 18 completed/ Level 2, I am feeling stronger...Nice job everyone. We are more than half way done!
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Day 16 done...L2. Plank stuff getting only slightly easier. I may throw in a few extra L2's before starting L3 at day 21. Good job to all for keeping it going. It's tough!
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    D16L2 done, does anyone else feel like they are just constantly doing shoulder stuff? I feel like almost every strength move makes my shoulders burn and then I still have to do the v raises at the end?!? So far circuit two is the only one I can do all the way through with the 5lbs weights. Circuit one is the walk out push up which I pretty much have down.. just working on getting lower in the push up portion and then I can usually start with the 5lbs ones the second move for that circuit but usually drop down in the middle of each set. Then for circuit 3 I can do the military press with the 5lbs, but then have to go to 15oz cans (I really need to get 3lb weights lol) for the v things.

YESS I do feel like my shoulders are going to give out! I hav to go from 5lbs to 2lbs for the V raises, and I can only do the first set of military leg extension press things with 5lbs and then go to 2 for the other set.

I did JM's Yoga Meltdown last night bc I needed something with less impact for my ankle...it was so swollen and sore I was limping yesterday :( I'm definitly seeing my body toning, but not seeing inches lost or pounds coming down like I did at first. It's like i'm stuck right now
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Also, when you guys are taking your measurements, where do you measure on your waist? The smallest part, like the natural waist? Or where around your bellybutton somewhere? I'm asking bc there is a HUGE difference in inches for me between those two places and I'm a little depressed if the belly button one is the one I'm supposed to be counting LOL
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, I really love this thread here..everyone starting the same time I did to finish in time right before my 26th birthday (August 11) Losing a few pounds, and some inches I have noticed already..waist/bust area has dropped some according to my clothes...its a good treat and feeling to have. It's motivating to come back here after my shred and report my struggles, victories and so on..so, thank you all!! :bigsmile:

Day 18 is complete, 12 days remaining..yay!! I got up around 9am, had some oatmeal..didn't hyderate myself yet at that point and did my shred id say 2 hours after I woke up..even allowing myself time to relax, watch TV before doing my workout. I did feel a little tired, but had hopes all the cardio and her warm up would wake me up a bit more..it didn't. I did have a few strong moments, but felt it was a little sloppy, but continued to do my best today..I guess we all have off days. My fiancee thinks i should warm up myself for a few extra minutes before even putting the DVD in..most mornings ill go for a walk, warm up that way..have lunch, then do shred after..but decided to do it this morning.
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Level 2, Day 5 DONE! Wow, seems like it never gets easier. It really didn't help that we were away for the weekend and therefore, missed two days of shredding...oh, well, I'm back at it and feeling good about it!

I love the sweat.......makes it feel like we are really losing weight.........in my case, NOT! But it feels good anyhow!

Donna
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options

YESS I do feel like my shoulders are going to give out! I hav to go from 5lbs to 2lbs for the V raises, and I can only do the first set of military leg extension press things with 5lbs and then go to 2 for the other set.

I did JM's Yoga Meltdown last night bc I needed something with less impact for my ankle...it was so swollen and sore I was limping yesterday :( I'm definitly seeing my body toning, but not seeing inches lost or pounds coming down like I did at first. It's like i'm stuck right now
    I do mine at my BB... just for the sake of having an exact location every time lol. Although in all honesty I probably should have picked the smallest section of my waist as it probably would have given me a bigger change number wise, but owell. Some people do two waist measures, one at the smallest section and then another waist measurement where they would naturally where their pants at.

When you guys log the 30DS do you log as 27 minutes (which is apparently what it actually comes out to be) or do you log as 20 minutes? I've been logging it as only 20 minutes the entire time and will probably continue to do so, was just curious what others did.
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    When you guys log the 30DS do you log as 27 minutes (which is apparently what it actually comes out to be) or do you log as 20 minutes? I've been logging it as only 20 minutes the entire time and will probably continue to do so, was just curious what others did.
    [/quote]

I wondered the same...I've been logging just the 20 minutes. I see some people log the 27 minutes...I think it's just personal preference. Some want to count any calories burned in warm up and cool down, I'm guessing.
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to come on and say how great you are all doing! Keep up the awesome work!!! :flowerforyou:
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Day 17 Level 2 will be done in about... 40 minutes haha. I had to get up earlier than normal for work today so I had to save the 30DS until I got home. I won't be happy tomorrow morning when I have to do it when I wake up... but that's okay!

Yeah, the v-raises and military presses I have to switch to 1.5 pound weights (from 5, and I don't have 2 or 3 lb ones). There is no WAY I could use the 5 pounders with the last strength circuit haha.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Yay, Day 13, Level 2 day 4 DONE! I did it after work today and sweated up a storm! (Doing this at 5am is crazy) Using 3lb weights on v raises and presses. I don't hate level 2 as much!
  • KaylaBlu2019
    KaylaBlu2019 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 11 Level 2.. 1st day of level 2 and I'm in love with the change. The plank moves will be a bit difficult but I am really excited for them!

I was getting really bored with level 1 and only did half of the workout on day 10 - my heart & mind just weren't in it. So, needless to say I am happy to be moving on and I'm excited to still be losing weight..

6 pounds lost so far!
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Day 20 Level 2 completed. On to Level 3 tomorrow.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    30DS day 19, Level 2, Day 9 - Done! Only 1 more day of level 2 then on to level 3.

I gave it my best since I was such a wimp yesterday.
    First day with the HRM- 199cal (169 adjusted for TDEE)
    Of the 26 minutes I timed I spent 21 in the 'fitness' zone and only 5 in the fat burning zone -I'm guessing that was the warmup.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Day 14 level 2 day 5 done! All I can say is WHEW!
  • Karen789
    Karen789 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started this on July 25th, day 4 ! So far I like it !