30 Day Shred start date 7/10/2011

Options

Replies

• 2larvae
    2larvae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I finished Level 2 Day 10 yesterday. I hate those v-raise things at the end, and I say unkind things to Jillian when she makes me get down for the oblique plank twists. I sort of wonder if those are doing me any good, given how ridiculously bad at them I am!

Those v-raises are the worst!! I question if I'll ever be able to follow Natalie on that move. So many abdominal muscles are aching on level 2. I see it as progress - I'm rediscovering long-forgotten muscles.

Even doing deep squats and lunges, I'm not big changes to my hips and rear. I started paying attention to food more, so maybe I'll drop some inches soon.

Keep it up ladies!
  • ljacksn3
    ljacksn3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    D13L2 Done... I'm finally starting to feel some improvement. Hopefully I can keep it up. The ab moves aren't so bad, but it's all the plank moves and those V raises... However, if it were easy it wouldnt be a very good work out!

Stay strong everyone, you're doing a great job!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Finished day 13 L2. I am still struggling with the plank moves but I have almost everything else down at least most way. I don't use weights for the second set of V raises since apparently I have never used that muscle before, but I am getting nice and deep into my squat. I can't believe how much more I sweat in L2 than L1, but maybe its just because I can push myself harder now.

I can't aruge with results though. I have lost 6 pounds since starting. I try to remember that when I feel like giving up. One more day and then I have to take a couple days off cause we are going camping. But I commit to getting right back at it when I have a tv again.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I've got a long lunch today so once a I let my food settle another 15 minutes or so I will get into gear and get today done. I've decided to go ahead to level 2 so today is D10L2. I will take measurements tomorrow morning before doing D11 and post my results for the first 10 days. I'm also doing an hour long pole dancing into class tonight with a friend... seems like it should be a good time, but we will see lol.
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Day 13 Level 2 completed.
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Completed D9L1 and D10L2 today. Wowsa...enough said!!!
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Day 11 done. First L2 for me. I agree with several of you...the V raises...ouch. And the plank moves are tough for me, particularly towards the end. I'm looking forward to improving on those though. Makes me miss L1! Lol!!!

Great job to all!
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I should just watch the video, but does anyone have a photo of the v-raises, what are they? I tried finding it on youtube, but couldn't :-/
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Day 12, level 2 is completed..only struggle was V-raises.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Ok so here are my results after 10 days.. I was going to wait until tomorrow but decided to go ahead and do the measuring tonight. I have taken "before photos" but am only going to do before/after, no in between photos lol.
    Start Day 1(7/12/11)
    W: 188
    Waist (at bellybutton): 37.5"
    Bust: 42.25"
    Hips: 45.75"
    R thigh: 26.75"
    R calf: 15.5"
    R bicep: 13.5"

DAY 10 (7/21/11):
    W: 181.5 (I will weigh again tomorrow before entering it into the MFP though)
    Waist (at BB): 36.25" (-1.25)
    Bust: 41" (-1.25)
    Hips: 45" (-0.75)
    R thigh: 26" (-0.75)
    R calf: 15.5" (no change) <-- I honestly don't expect this to change much.. if at all lol.
    R bicep: 13" (-0.5)

Total W lost: 6.5 lbs (WOOHOO!)
    Total inches lost: 4.5"
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Did earlier Day 11 level 2 (day 2) I am back to using 3lbs weights. Abs and strength tough! Reverse lunges, i am so off! Made it through.
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 10 Done Starting Level 2 tomorrow God Willing.
  • KaylaBlu2019
    KaylaBlu2019 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Ok so here are my results after 10 days.. I was going to wait until tomorrow but decided to go ahead and do the measuring tonight. I have taken "before photos" but am only going to do before/after, no in between photos lol.
    Start Day 1(7/12/11)
    W: 188
    Waist (at bellybutton): 37.5"
    Bust: 42.25"
    Hips: 45.75"
    R thigh: 26.75"
    R calf: 15.5"
    R bicep: 13.5"

DAY 10 (7/21/11):
    W: 181.5 (I will weigh again tomorrow before entering it into the MFP though)
    Waist (at BB): 36.25" (-1.25)
    Bust: 41" (-1.25)
    Hips: 45" (-0.75)
    R thigh: 26" (-0.75)
    R calf: 15.5" (no change) <-- I honestly don't expect this to change much.. if at all lol.
    R bicep: 13" (-0.5)

Total W lost: 6.5 lbs (WOOHOO!)
    Total inches lost: 4.5"

This is fabulous! Great job!!!
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    Finished L1 today! Starting L2 Monday!...who knows, maybe I'll find the motivation to actually start it at work. We'll see.

ShellyLee, those are AWESOME results! Yayayyaya!
  • wbruni14
    wbruni14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Last night I completed D10L1! I almost thought I wasnt going to be able to do it because we had a bunch of family come over last night, but even though they left at 10, and I had to be up at 530 this morning, I still pushed my way through it. I was way too excited about being done with Level 1 to skip a day!

Going to do my first L2 workout after work today! Wish me luck!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 14 L2. I have the next two days off because we are going out of town, but I will be back at in on Monday. Keep it up everyone!
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Last night I completed D10L1! I almost thought I wasnt going to be able to do it because we had a bunch of family come over last night, but even though they left at 10, and I had to be up at 530 this morning, I still pushed my way through it. I was way too excited about being done with Level 1 to skip a day!

Going to do my first L2 workout after work today! Wish me luck!

Wow, good for you! I don't know if I could push myself to work out that late. :)
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be the last day of level 1 for me! I'm super excited to start level 2 on Sunday! WOOT WOOT :bigsmile:
  • ljacksn3
    ljacksn3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 14 Level 2 today!!! Tomorrow I'll be half way through the program. I'm going to take measurements and post how much I've lost so far. Very Excited! Thanks everyone for keeping me motivated! :laugh:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Day 13, level 2 is complete! :happy: