30 Day Shred start date 7/10/2011

Options

Replies

• BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Woah man, Day 8 Level 2 done. But WOW I really was so unmotivated today! Haha, I've had some hard days working at the barn so I think I am stating to feel that too. But I did it anyway - so proud!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Day 19 is done. Tomorrow is my last day of level 2. :smile:
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Day 18 L2 done! I am ready to get on to level 3 just so I don't have to do v raises anymore.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    30DS Day 20, Level 2 Day 10 - DONE!!
    Since it was the last day I pushed and did the v-raises with my 5lb instead of 3lb weights. OW OW OW. But I did it!
    I'm previewing level 3 now so I won't be as bad as I was on L2D1.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    D18L2 done... so ready to move on to level three. 10 days at each of these levels get really boring after awhile lol. I'm planning to start ripped in 30 after I finish this and am hoping it will be a bit better. I'm not sure if you're supposed to do that one every day, but I'm only planning to do it about 4 days a week (so will only be doing each workout 4 times) as twice a week I will be doing an hour long pole class (woohoo!!).
    I got protein powder yesterday (Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard) that I'm going to start using after working out, mostly because I need the protein. I have no idea how people manage to eat all their protein without just eating meat meat meat all day.
  • hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Today will be Day 19 for me! I'm pleased that I haven't skipped. I am really liking Level 3. I think that's my favorite, followed by Level 1, and I pretty much despised Level 2. I suppose that means I should be spending more time on Level 2! The renegade rows (maybe she calls them plank rows?) in Circuit 3 are pretty hard for me, though, so I definitely need to keep working there.

Hope everyone is well and has a very Shredded weekend! Many of us are coming up on three solid weeks. Way to go!
  • ljacksn3
    ljacksn3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Finished D20L2 today. Tomorrow I move on to Level 3, which I'm looking forward to. I can't really stand level 2. I just exercise in a very small amount of space and I find level 2 more difficult to do. Oh well, tomorrow is level 3!
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    a little late in joining this conversation...I started level 3 two days ago. Although it is a tough level it is by far my favorite. I am sweating buckets by the end of the first circuit. I might just continue on with this level for the next month. I like that it is a quick 20 minute workout and with such a busy schedule very easy to sneak it in in the morning. :smile:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    Today I finished Day 20! (Day 10, Level 2) and I ended it feeling pretty strong and sweaty. I really worked hard through the cardio, despite me being out of breath :laugh:

Total weight loss for 20 days- 5lbs.

Here's to level 3! :bigsmile:

Hoping to buy ripped in 30, and will be starting September 1st. Will be giving myself a break from Jillian for a few weeks..and my birthday is right after I finish the shred, so im gunna wanna give myself time to lose any unwanted weight i gain from parties etc that weekend.
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    Completed Level 2 and Level 3 today. I am on day 20th of 30 day shred. Good bye Level 2!:flowerforyou:

Best,

Rosie
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    Stay strong, everyone! Almost done! :bigsmile:

Anyone noticing inches loss or weight loss?
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    HELP!!!!! What can I do now instead of the shred or somehow modify it to permit excercise with an injured ankle? The ankle has only gotten worse but I've really come this far and don't want to give up now bc of a stupid injury
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Day 21 Level 3...whew it was different. I was sweating like crazy. It worked me out. More fun though than level 2. Hopefully I will get better once I get use to the new routine.
  • NotGoddess
    Options
    30DS day 21, Level 3 Day 1 - Looks easy. IS hard.
    I can't believe I've stuck with this. Feeling so proud.
  • NotGoddess
    Options
    HELP!!!!! What can I do now instead of the shred or somehow modify it to permit excercise with an injured ankle? The ankle has only gotten worse but I've really come this far and don't want to give up now bc of a stupid injury
    I understand your desire not to give up but you have to be careful with an injury. The last thing you want is to make it worse.

You could modify any pushup moves by doing them on your knees, but you'd have to be careful getting up/down. You could the arm moves but that's not combining the fat-burning leg moves. Most of it...I'd be worried about re-injuring.

It's up to you, but my advice would be to wait, rest, get your ankle in top shape FIRST then either pick up where you left off or if you feel you've slid back, start over. That doesn't mean stop exercising...there are still plenty of things you can do while your ankle heals.
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well after a couple days of slacking off cause of groin pull (?), I put my exercise clothes on and decided to switch it up and did Level 3, Day 1.........gosh she is tough on the planks...wow! Thought I had some pretty good abs happening but after that I know that I will stick with level 2 a bit longer. Plus I found the cardio in level 2 was more intense and although I hate cardio, I missed it. Wasn't panting after Level 3 like I am after Level 2.

Therefore, i jumped on the elliptical and did 30 minutes of the weight loss program.......now, I am sweating!!!!

Hope everyone has a fun exercise filled weekend!!

Donna
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    Finished D21L3 today..wow! It's been a while since I did level 3!! Ouch!! :bigsmile:
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    What is a 30 day Shred?
  • lauramorris85
    Options
    I've taken several days off (parents visiting, period, legs so sore I don't wanna injure myself) and so I'm only just beginning D5L2.

I also keep a chart each day when I do the 30 DS. It had the date, the calories burned (consistent 240 according to 30 min of circuit training; 30 minutes b/c I time it from when jillian starts the warm up to finishing the cool down), my weight, and my measurements for my B/H/W. I also have a formula to calculate how much everything changes from the very first day of level 1. So far (haven't done it today), I've lost 1.8 lbs, 2 inches off my bust, 1.75 inches off my waist, and half an inch off my hips!

I go for my wedding dress fitting Aug 19th and I want it to fit perfectly, minus hemming it to make it shorter (b/c well, I'm a shorty haha and it's at least 6 inches too long). I'm going to continue the 30 DS even after I finish it until the wedding in November so I look my best not only for the wedding, but for bikini time in the Bahamas for the honeymoon!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Did Day 19 L2 today. I should have been on day 20 but had a work situation that left me unable to workout yesterday. Bummer that I am not going to start level 3 tomorrow when I have more time rather than on Monday when I try to get through before work. Oh well, thats the way life rolls.