30 Day Shred start date 7/10/2011

Options

Replies

• dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Finished day 25 L3 today. I had a couple of delays in level 3 but I am working it through. I am going to finish strong in Level 3. I am working up to more Natalie moves.
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I did it...Day 30 Level 3 completed in 30 Days.
    I lost 6.6 pounds and 7.5 inches.
    My before and after pictures are on my blog
    http://susancar.blogspot.com/

Thanks for all of the support from this group. It has made me work hard and complete this program. Let me know if anyone is joining another challenge.

Susan
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I have one more day of Jillian to work through, and will complete 30 days myself! Last time i did weigh in, I lost over 6lbs myself. It was a tough round! I find myself currently doing 75% Natalie, and 25% Anita. Good work, everyone! :smile:
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    30DS Day 29. L3D9 - DONE!

One more day.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Day 19 level 2 done.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    Today is my last day of shred, then I'm looking into getting Ripped in 30 and doing that for 9/1. Hope there is a thread somewhere around that time. I have lost about 8lbs during these 30 days. I feel great! I'm also doing this workout and just starting my second week of C25K. :smile:
  • dustyhockeymom
    Options
    Day 26 L3 done! Only four more days to go. I will keep doing it periodically and may even start over in a few weeks, but I am really looking forward to being done with this first round.
  • NotGoddess
    Options
    30 Day Shred. Day 30. Level 3. Day 10. D.O.N.E. !

I'll weigh in and measure tomorrow and post the results. I already know they aren't going to be as impressive as some of y'all have had but I'm pretty pleased. Some visual changes:
    1) I can see bulges in my forearms and biceps under the fat. Esp. noticeable by my elbow where there isn't as much fat to cover.
    2) I've watched the fat bulge on my thighs travel upward. There's still fat there, but the really jiggly stuff has moved up.
    Outside: It used to be at my knee. Now it's about 1/2 way up my thigh.
    Inside: It used to be 1/2 way down, now it's maybe 1/4, about 4 inches from my pelvis.
    3) I'll have to change the place I measure my hips. The widest spot used to be at the bikini line, but now I can see my hip bones there. So I've come in there more than top/bottom of the hips.
    4) Did I mention I can see my hip bones? Oh and I can see space between my thighs.
    5) My waist is vanishing. That's good and bad. Good: means my overall belly/side girth shrank. Bad because it shrank above and below where I've been measuring so it's hard to tell how much!
    6) I still have my butt. - Hey I'm a white girl...I gotta treasure what little I have!

Not sure if I'll be brave enough for pics. My camera phone is pretty crappy and I don't have any 'before' shots except from last year so they wouldn't reflect a true change. But, maybe I'll get brave enough. I do need some 'before' shots for this point forward, right?
  • NotGoddess
    Options
    Okay here are the stats:

Weight: 148.8lb (-7.2lb)
    Body Fat: 35.9 (-1.4%)
    Lean Body Mass: +0.3lb
    Total Fat Loss: 7.5lb

Measurements (I measure in a lot of places :)
    Neck: 13.6 (+.1)
    Chest: 34 (-.7)
    Breasts: 39.8 (-1.7)
    Waist: 36 (-.6)
    Waist, sucked in: 32.8 (-1.1)
    Hips: 37 (-1)
    Thigh: 21.3 (-0.5)
    Calf: 13.8 (-0.4)
    Forearm: 9.3 (-0.3)

Inches lost from Neck/Chest/Waist/Hips: 2.4 inches
  • hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    Okay here are the stats:

Weight: 148.8lb (-7.2lb)
    Body Fat: 35.9 (-1.4%)
    Lean Body Mass: +0.3lb
    Total Fat Loss: 7.5lb

Measurements (I measure in a lot of places :)
    Neck: 13.6 (+.1)
    Chest: 34 (-.7)
    Breasts: 39.8 (-1.7)
    Waist: 36 (-.6)
    Waist, sucked in: 32.8 (-1.1)
    Hips: 37 (-1)
    Thigh: 21.3 (-0.5)
    Calf: 13.8 (-0.4)
    Forearm: 9.3 (-0.3)

Inches lost from Neck/Chest/Waist/Hips: 2.4 inches

Super job! Congratulations on finishing, and congratulations on the notable changes you made!

Today is Day 30 for me. I cannot believe that it's almost over.

Thanks to everyone for their support during this last month!
  • jaeone
    Options
    Day 20 level 3 day 1. I, so far, like level 3 the best! My goal is to finish these last 10 days with no day off!
  • hcn74
    Options
    Last night was my Day 30. I made it through all 30 days without a day off. I'm quite happy with myself about that.

Tale of the tape:

9 pounds lost
    Neck = -.5"
    Waist= -1"
    Hips= -2"
    Arm= -1"
    Thigh= -1.5"
    Calf= -.5"
    Chest= -1"

I don't feel like it's truly very notable. But, I'm not deterred, because I'm proud of my progress.

30 days ago, I was sucking wind to get through 30 seconds of jumping jacks. Last night, I did the Level 3 cardio with 8 pound weights (which includes 30 seconds of jumping jacks).

I want to start Ripped in 30 next week. Who's with me? Should I start a new thread on that?

There are some pix in my profile. I don't want to put them up here, because I'm shy. I'm not sure if you can even tell before and after. If there is a difference, it's in my back and upper body.

Have a wonderful day, and thanks so much for all of your support! You guys rock!
  • dustyhockeymom
    Options
    Just finished Day 28 L3. Last night I phoned it in and had my lowest burn ever. This morning I pushed it and burned 56 more calories in the same time and went from the lowest burn ever to the highest. It proves it's all in my control. My goal is to burn just as much the last two days. Can't believe I am almost done.
  • jaeone
    Options
    Day 21 level 3 day 2 done

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]8003175.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Day 30 - level 3. DONE. Hooray! I enjoyed that workout, and am considering doing Ripped in 30 or just doing Shred again after a few days off, then doing ripped in September.

Congrats to all who stuck with it and/or are still doing it!!!! And thanks to all for the support...Love MFPeeps!
  • Luckysusan
    Options
    Day 30 - level 3. DONE. Hooray! I enjoyed that workout, and am considering doing Ripped in 30 or just doing Shred again after a few days off, then doing ripped in September.

Congrats to all who stuck with it and/or are still doing it!!!! And thanks to all for the support...Love MFPeeps!

Way to go. You did a great job. I was thinking of doing Ripped in 30 too but I restarted the Shred after taking one day off. I'm just going to do it a while and just go through each level instead of doing each level for 10 days. I might start Ripped in Sept.
  • hcn74
    Options
    OK, ladies (and any gents out there), I've started a new thread for Ripped in 30.

It's here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/313798-ripped-in-30-starting-week-of-august-14-any-takers

Please don't leave me hanging by myself!
  • Luckysusan
    Options
    Has anyone else finished this challenge? Let us know how you did.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    I finished a few days ago...went from 186lbs to 178lbs. Lost a ton of inches, can tell by how my clothes fit. I'm hoping to find/buy ripped in 30, maybe start that within a week or so.
  • dustyhockeymom
    Options
    I finished day 29 this morning. It should have been day 30 but it was a really rough week at work with several all nighters. So by yesterday I had worked 55 hours and my body was just spent. If I had worked out I think I would have hurt myself because my form would have sucked, so I skipped. Didn't feel bad about it. Just frustrated that today wasn't day 30 as planned. I'll finish tomorrow and post my results. I think they are pretty good.