Does your name describe you?

Options
Just been looking at the meaning of names, and wondered if your name meaning, was true or opposite to the person you are.
My name is Jenny and the meaning is white ghost.......................Well I am fair, but I wouldn't say I was deathly white.
My partner's name is Robert, ....meaning Bright, Fame...............I wouldn't class him as bright, and Fame..... well the only fame he's had is when a group of neighbourhood children knocked on the door and asked if he was a pop star, as they'd heard him singing through the car window,on his way home from work.

So in my case, it's a load of bull.!!!!!!

Replies

• kaizo
    kaizo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My name is Sarah and it means princess apparently, dont think it describes me, i'm not incredibly 'girly', my hubby's name is Paul which apparently means small....hmmm.....no that ones not right either lol!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    ~chuckles~... Depending on where you read, my name means either 'noisy' or the equivalent of 'babbling brook'. I'm definitely not a brook or river, but noisy or babbling? Well, if my sister or niece read this, I'll let them weigh in.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    my name is Randa....and it translats to "the Beautiful one" or "sweet smelling tree"......

....i know what one id rather be lol
  • Lstrhi
    Lstrhi Posts: 132
    Options
    my name (rhiannon) means witch goddess, but alas, no special powers for me. my mom just realllllly likes fleetwood mac. lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDkKyBU7GCs
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    My name is Berenice and it means "bringer of victory". I haven't been to terribly many sports matches, but the team I or my partner of the moment is supporting always wins!
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    My name is Aimée, which is the pluperfect past tense of the French word "Friend"... meaning "Friendly" or more correctly, "Has been known to be Friendly".

I guess that's me - I've worked in Customer Service for a few years... they haven't fired me yet.
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    my name is Kelly which means warrior. I think that is true because I have to fight for everything.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    My name is Edward... I think that means protector (cant google at work). I am indeed a protector :) And I was a soldier.
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options
    My name is LaToya, meaning victorious. For the most part, it describes me...
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    In French, the name Raina means: Queen. Not coincidence... fact. :laugh:
  • turbofiregirl
    Options
    My name is Divya and it means divine. Well, Iam far from it, so, no not really
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Lisa- consecrated to God
  • OneLostSock
    Options
    Well, my real name is Welsh (Ceri) and i am Welsh but my chosen name here sums me up more!! :oD
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I was Fat i'm a Dad and i will be slim, so yes i guess it does.
  • jesshall281
    jesshall281 Posts: 219
    Options
    Jessica means "child of god"

I'm an atheist.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'm Karen, the meaning is 'pure':wink: , but not perfect. lol::blushing:
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    David means Beloved. No i sure dont feel loved or precious :(
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    well i just googled "name meanings" and apparently Holly means "plant with red berries"..which I definitely am not lol
  • StacyD015
    StacyD015 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    :wink: Mines is Stacy ( the male spelling??? lol) Which is Greek for resurrection..... um.... I do believe ive been here in a past life LOL!!!

:laugh:
  • AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My name is Angelia which means messenger or messenger of God; female Angel. I would like to think that this describes me perfectly, but well maybe not SO much, but I am trying to live up to my name :smile:

This is neat - thanks for the fun post!