Does your name describe you?

Options

Replies

• TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    My name is Berenice and it means "bringer of victory". I haven't been to terribly many sports matches, but the team I or my partner of the moment is supporting always wins!

That bodes well for me then, since my name means 'victory of the people'! :bigsmile:

(And yes, I think my name is pretty apt!)
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Jessica means "child of god"

I'm an atheist.

okay that is hilarious....lmao :D
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    my name is tamara, which in hebrew means "little palm tree" :) since palm trees make me think of the tropics, warm weather, the bright sun, and ocean waves... well, i think that fits me perfectly! i have a generally sunny disposition, i am warm-hearted, i love the smell of the beach and tropical fruits :D
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Michael is a given name that comes from the Hebrew: מִיכָאֵל / מיכאל‎ (Mikha'el), derived from the Hebrew question מי כמו אלוהים? (Hebrew pronunciation: [mi kəmo ʔelohim]) meaning "Who is like God?"
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Leah = weary

I sure hope not! Some days, I'm more weary than other days... LOL
  • str0nger
    str0nger Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My name means Noble or exalted. I dont think it describeds me well... but it works?
  • RoadDog
    Options
    Definitions for Road Dog in Urban Dictionary
    1. Close friend
    2. A traveling companion that one is most often seen with.
    3. A person going with you during your travels.
    4. A traveling/hitchhiking companion.
    5. When you look next to you and see a guy getting road head, but the chick is so ugly you mistake her for a dog, or other hairy creature.
    6. Beer taken on the road.
    7. Getting a blow job from the passenger while you are driving
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    My name is Laura. From Wikipedia " Laura is derived from the bay laurel plant, which, in the Greco-Roman era was used as a symbol of victory, honor or fame." It usually means "victoriously crowned with laurels." My motto has always been that while I may not win every battle I always win the war.
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Well my name is Jennifer and as you know it means white ghost. But there is more to it! At behindthename.com, you can see it means:

From a Cornish form of the Welsh name Gwenhwyfar (see GUINEVERE). This name has only been common outside of Cornwall since the beginning of the 20th century, after it was featured in George Bernard Shaw's play 'The Doctor's Dilemma' (1906).

So then you are directed to the original name which is Guinevere and it says:

From the Norman French form of the Welsh name Gwenhwyfar, composed of the elements gwen meaning "fair, white" and hwyfar meaning "smooth". In Arthurian legend she was the beautiful wife of King Arthur who engaged in an adulterous affair with Sir Lancelot. Her betrayal of her husband with Mordred prompted the battle of Camlann, which led to the deaths of both Mordred and Arthur.

The Cornish form of this name, Jennifer, has become popular in the English-speaking world.

So in answer to your question, I'm dark/olive skinned for a white girl and I'm kinda rolly now, not smooth, and I'm not adulterous or have I started any battles...
  • cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My name is Calesta and it means fairest, and most beautiful...lol. Although I'm not "fair", I'll take it.
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    And my son's name is Rowan Aurelius which means little red one, and golden or gilded. He's got golden locks and he's a little devil!
  • trichik123
    Options
    My name is Carrie. Which means "melody or song...." I love to sing!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Michael is a given name that comes from the Hebrew: מִיכָאֵל / מיכאל‎ (Mikha'el), derived from the Hebrew question מי כמו אלוהים? (Hebrew pronunciation: [mi kəmo ʔelohim]) meaning "Who is like God?"

Have you checked out the definition of "Michael" in Urban Dictionary?

"A very cool guy who makes everyone laugh. Once you meet him, you will want to be his friend right away. He is super cute and very good-looking. He has amazing taste...in music, clothes, food, everything. Every girl secretly wishes that he could be her boyfriend...mainly because he recently broke up with his girlfriend...mainly because everyone knows that he likes commitment...mainly because he is sweet and knows how to treat a girl...mainly because however strange and wierd he may be, he's perfect. In his own little way, he is perfect. Michael a very cool person"

Personally I prefer:

"the coolest mother****in name on the planet. Many stupid people say that it is a boring and lame name, but that is not so. Many of the coolest people in the world have that name. "Hey, did you see Michael doin work when he was at the mini horse rodeo?"
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Neither of my names, Windy and Wendy, really have any meaning. We all know what Windy means, and I am neither breezy nor gassy. Tthe best I can tell everyone thinks Wendy was created by J.M. Barrie for Peter Pan. Some people say Wendy means friend, so I guess that does fit!

Wendy is a varient of Wanda which is German in origin and means "Slender Young Tree"..

My name is Orla - an Irish name which means "Golden".. Considering I've black hair and very pale skin - I'm not sure where the golden comes in!! LOL....
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My name is Betty which is Hebrew for God is my Oath.

I'm a Christian so it fits. :happy:
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Well my name is unique so yeah. . .
    My Hebrew name is Eliana which means God has answered me (chose it when my hubber and I married) so yes
    My MFP name, most certainly
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Morgan: great brightness or sea dweller.

I'll take both =)
  • RoadDog
    Options

Have you checked out the definition of "Michael" in Urban Dictionary?

"A very cool guy who makes everyone laugh. Once you meet him, you will want to be his friend right away. He is super cute and very good-looking. He has amazing taste...in music, clothes, food, everything. Every girl secretly wishes that he could be her boyfriend...mainly because he recently broke up with his girlfriend...mainly because everyone knows that he likes commitment...mainly because he is sweet and knows how to treat a girl...mainly because however strange and wierd he may be, he's perfect. In his own little way, he is perfect. Michael a very cool person"

Personally I prefer:

"the coolest mother****in name on the planet. Many stupid people say that it is a boring and lame name, but that is not so. Many of the coolest people in the world have that name. "Hey, did you see Michael doin work when he was at the mini horse rodeo?"

Works for me. Every woman wants me and every man fears me.....or is it the other way around? I can't remember.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My first name is really Patricia - derived from the Latin "pater" meaning father (which I am definitely not, haha!). A "patrician" is, in short, a snobby rich person (an aristocrat). However, they were also the "fathers" of society, meaning they provided for the peasants. I'm not really sure how much it describes me!
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My name, Sharon, means "The plains (fertile)" --well, I do have 3 kids. . . . and also the plant, Rose of Sharon, which my mom told me she named me after because she thought they were pretty.