Does your name describe you?

Options

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i'm just glad my name is not RANDY! rofl....
    come on you lot think about it!:devil:
  • KEMerriman
    KEMerriman Posts: 14
    Options
    My name means Dark-haired, or dark complected. I have also read that it means From Ciar's People Or The County Of Kerry. I was named after the county Kerry but I am not that dark haired, unless you consider brown dark
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    My name is Leslie - it apparently means "Joy". I guess I can go with that description...I'm generally pretty joyfull.
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My name is Kelly, which I'm told means Warrior Princess and Bright headed one.

I'd say it describes me, as I am an angry Ginger! lol:mad:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Elisabeth= Sabbath of God. Um sure. Whatever.
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I've had a hard time finding much information about Jessamin, except that it's maybe a variant of Jasmine.
  • Emma422
    Emma422 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    my first name is Lemia which means glitter in swahili and i have a glitter obsession like almost everything i own glitters lol:bigsmile:
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    i'm just glad my name is not RANDY! rofl....
    come on you lot think about it!:devil:

Could be worse, it could be Fanny! :laugh:
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    not sure what my name means...
    but its JASON and it is in every calendar.... July, August, September, October, November.... yeah, its pretty cool. lol
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    My first name is really Patricia - derived from the Latin "pater" meaning father (which I am definitely not, haha!). A "patrician" is, in short, a snobby rich person (an aristocrat). However, they were also the "fathers" of society, meaning they provided for the peasants. I'm not really sure how much it describes me!

Why do you think that aristocrats are snobby?! :laugh: In my experience, it's the middle-classes who are the snobs! Nobles have no reason to be snobbish. And the working classes of course, often exhibit a lot of inverted snobbery!

Patricians actually governed cities, therefore couldn't have provided for peasants because the latter were rural-based! Just sayin'! While they may have been nobility, in a lot of states (such as Venexia and some Scandinavian ones), that nobility was actually the mercantile elite!

The word snob actually comes from the name given to shoemakers in the 18th century - the leather aprons they wore were called snobs. I suspect it came to have its current meaning due to some levels of shoemakers believing they were better than others...although I could be wrong about that! I believe Thackeray may have had something to do with its current connotations too. :ohwell:
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My first name is really Patricia - derived from the Latin "pater" meaning father (which I am definitely not, haha!). A "patrician" is, in short, a snobby rich person (an aristocrat). However, they were also the "fathers" of society, meaning they provided for the peasants. I'm not really sure how much it describes me!

Strange my name is Tricia.
    It is Latin for Noble.

does not fit me at all!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Angie = Messenger. Question mark..
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Samantha = Listener

Ehhh.... Ya I do that sometimes, but I'm more the "talker"
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    My name is Joy ...which means Joy! Haha I would say that's pretty appropriate! :bigsmile:

Although maybe it would be better if my name was something that meant "temper" lol
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Heather is a scrubby weed that grows in Scotland.

*sigh* Yes...
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    My name is Amanda, worthy of love, beloved. I can't really answer whether or not it fits me.... if I was beloved, I'd have no clue.
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    Alana- beautiful, peaceful

two things I am not feeling at the moment but most of the time i'm beautifully peaceful
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Well, my name is Casey and it means Brave. I am not brave- I am a huge wimp and make my dogs kill/eat spiders for me.... haha

And- old people typically tell me that I am a boy because Casey is a boys name........ very nice- I know. :o)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Heather is a scrubby weed that grows in Scotland.

*sigh* Yes...

:laugh: I don't think it describes you. You don't look like a scrubby weed. :noway:
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    The baby girl name Lori comes from the English word which means, "The laurel tree or sweet bay tree symbolic of honor and victory. Old name with many variants.." Tweet
    Numerological Meaning (For Entertainment Purposes Only)
    People with this name tend to be very inspired, intuitive, and creative. Their aim is to improve the world and can be quite altruistic. They strive to see the "Big Picture" and achieve their dreams.

LORI is the name !!!!!!!!!!