Has this happened to anyone else...?

Options
12346»

Replies

• pricetm83
    pricetm83 Posts: 49
    Options
    Seriously, this attitude is why 'fat' has remained a prejudice in society. Not a single person on this site or anywhere else has the right to judge another for anything. EVER. Just because you have broken unhealthy habits does not make you better than those who haven't. Also, ask yourself, is your disgust with that person, or does it lie in a little inside you, with you? People have to make their own decisions in life and it's really no one else's business.

Except when our tax dollars have to pay for their increase health insurance costs.

Honestly, we pay so much in taxes for so many other things and this is the cost you pick to complain about? Also, this is assuming these people are on Medicare, which you have no clue about.

Whatever happened to one love people? So sad.
  • alslau02
    alslau02 Posts: 64
    Options
    Now that I'm in braces, I notice teeth all the time. Usually I think, wow s/he has such a beautiful smile. It is probably normal to become a bit more aware of things as we try to improve ourselves.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Don't be that guy. No one likes them.

I agree BUT....

Don't just not be that guy because no one likes them. Don't be that guy because you remember what it was like to be in their shoes.. Don't be that guy because people shouldn't be judged by their eating habits especially because everyone is going thru sumthing and you never know how deeply that cheeseburger is rooted in their emotional distress...

Instead when you see someone eating sumthing bad for them try thinking positively...like 'I am glad I am eating better now' or maybe say a prayer for them that one day they will come to terms with whatever brings them to eat that way... wether it be their emotions or them just plain not knowing better or not caring enough about themselves..

If you find yourself eating with a friend who makes poor food choices ask if maybe they wld like to join you for a bike ride or walk later. Somtimes people need help finding their way and just being kind can make a difference <3... "Never underestimate the power of a smile." :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Seriously, this attitude is why 'fat' has remained a prejudice in society. Not a single person on this site or anywhere else has the right to judge another for anything. EVER. Just because you have broken unhealthy habits does not make you better than those who haven't. Also, ask yourself, is your disgust with that person, or does it lie in a little inside you, with you? People have to make their own decisions in life and it's really no one else's business.

Except when our tax dollars have to pay for their increase health insurance costs.

Honestly, we pay so much in taxes for so many other things and this is the cost you pick to complain about? Also, this is assuming these people are on Medicare, which you have no clue about.

Whatever happened to one love people? So sad.

Geez, lighten up. Critiquing what others eat whether they are overweight or not is NOT the same as "judging" or "crticizing" or not loving others.