Just for Today

Options

Replies

• SherryP71561
    Options
    I'm new to the group, but like the way you think! Food is my drug, and I HAVE to take it one day at a time. I'm a typical mom who has spent the past 30 years taking care of everyone but myself. Now that all five the kids are out of the house, I'm ready to take care of me, but I'm not even sure how to do that. I turned 50 this summer and want to be at a healthy weight!!

Anyway, just for today I will stick to my eating plan. I pre-plan my day so that I'm not constantly thinking about what I will eat next.
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    This isi how I quit smoking. It seemed to daunting to think "I will never have another cigarette" but to think about going ONE DAY without wasn't so bad. I think it means you are less likely to beat yourself up and spiral out of control if you think of only one day at a time too. If you screw up one day, that's not so bad. There's always tomorrow. Thanks for posting this!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group, but like the way you think! Food is my drug, and I HAVE to take it one day at a time. I'm a typical mom who has spent the past 30 years taking care of everyone but myself. Now that all five the kids are out of the house, I'm ready to take care of me, but I'm not even sure how to do that. I turned 50 this summer and want to be at a healthy weight!!

Anyway, just for today I will stick to my eating plan. I pre-plan my day so that I'm not constantly thinking about what I will eat next.
    This isi how I quit smoking. It seemed to daunting to think "I will never have another cigarette" but to think about going ONE DAY without wasn't so bad. I think it means you are less likely to beat yourself up and spiral out of control if you think of only one day at a time too. If you screw up one day, that's not so bad. There's always tomorrow. Thanks for posting this!

Welcome! Glad to have you along!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will use my food scale.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not eat between meals.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will only speak kindly to myself.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not let anyone else make my decisions for me.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will get my ticker moving.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will turn off auto pilot and think about the choices I make.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: No SUGAR!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not let the blues get me down.:frown: I CAN do this.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just forToday: I will remember that "Failure is trading what you want most for what you want now."
    Keep your eye on the prize!
  • wayfairers
    Options
    I just joined MFP and love your plan. I will start using your plan today - thanks for the inspiration.
  • wayfairers
    Options
    oops... somehow posted twice
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I found out this morning that my neighbors little baby girl died last night. She had downs syndrome and was less than a year old. So today (and hopefully for more than just today) I will remember how precious life is. I will kiss my own sweet babies (yes, I know that ages 8, 6, 4, and 2 hardly count as babies) and remember how blessed I am.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will sit down and enjoy my food instead of inhaling it on the run.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not cave!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will enjoy fun not food!
  • SherryP71561
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your neighbor's child. I can't imagine how difficult that must be.

I like your thinking...just for today. I just told myself last night that I'm so tired of starting over every day!!! So, just for today, I will get in my 30 minutes of exercise, no matter what.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not allow a morning "slip-up" to de-rail my entire day.