30 Day Slimdown Challenge (Starting August 1st)

Options
Hello everyone!

I have recently become a Jillian Michaels circuit training junkie and now have most of her videos. I had been stuck at the same weight forever and her videos really have been working well for me. I finished the 30 day shred in June and now I'm working on ripped in 30 for July. I am planning on starting the 30 day slimdown on August 1st, which incorporates multiple Jillian Michaels videos throughout a 30 day period. This program was suggested to me by a MFP friend (thanks!).

I would love having some support so I thought I would post this a little early and see if anyone is interested in buddying up. Here is the program schedule as is:

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 7 - OFF!
DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 14 - OFF!
DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
DAY 26 - OFF!
DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

What are Quick Trouble Zones you ask?

“Quick Trouble Zones” are the circuits/exercises within the “No More Trouble Zones” workout that do NOT require you to get on the floor, ie. floorwork. For example, the circuits or exercises where you have to get on your knees, touch the floor with your hands or sit on the floor you OMIT from the No More Trouble Zones workout. When you eliminate the floorwork portion from the “No More Trouble Zones” workout you are performing “Quick Trouble Zones”

Replies

• coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Feel free to tweek the challenge as needed. I would like to incorporate more videos so my 30 day slimdown will look like this:

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - RIPPED IN 30: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 6 WEEK 6 PACK: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 6 WEEK 6 PACK: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 6 WEEK 6 PACK: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - RIPPED IN 30: LEVEL 2 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 6 WEEK 6 PACK: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & RIPPED IN 30: LEVEL 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 3 & RIPPED IN 30: LEVEL 3
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 6 WEEK 6 PACK: LEVEL 3
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - RIPPED IN 30: LEVEL 4 & THEN 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am hoping to finish 30DS soon. I am at LEvel 3 day 3. I don't do it everyday so it has taken me a while. I also do Zumba and use my elliptical. I have all the dvds from JM that you have listed (I think, if not I'll get the ones I may not have!!) Sounds like a terrific challenge and a great way to utilize my dvd collection! I'll send you a friend request!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Kim. I am so with you on this. I've done it once before and have gotten great results. I like the idea of mixing in Ripped in 30 (I don't have that one).

If you don't mind, I might start a bit early in case I fall behind. I am also doing the C25K which I am on Week 5.

I am so very excited that I found this thread.

Kim
  • nisijam5
    Options

“Quick Trouble Zones” are the circuits/exercises within the “No More Trouble Zones” workout that do NOT require you to get on the floor, ie. floorwork. For example, the circuits or exercises where you have to get on your knees, touch the floor with your hands or sit on the floor you OMIT from the No More Trouble Zones workout. When you eliminate the floorwork portion from the “No More Trouble Zones” workout you are performing “Quick Trouble Zones”

Do you know off-hand which segments those are?
  • coquetona
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Kim. I am so with you on this. I've done it once before and have gotten great results. I like the idea of mixing in Ripped in 30 (I don't have that one).

If you don't mind, I might start a bit early in case I fall behind. I am also doing the C25K which I am on Week 5.

I am so very excited that I found this thread.

Kim

That's awesome! Yes, if you need to start early that is completely fine. We'll be here to motivate you and then when we get going you can make sure we stick with it. :o)
  • coquetona
    Options

Do you know off-hand which segments those are?

I'm not sure...I have not done this challenge before but I was also curious of the same thing. I might pop in the NMTZ video sometime soon and take a look at it to see what it will be like. I've done NMTZ before but it was back in January and it was mixed with other videos so I can't remember it all that well. I wanna say that the quick parts will be mixed in with the floorwork throughout the entire video but I'm not sure.
  • nisijam5
    Options

I'm not sure...I have not done this challenge before but I was also curious of the same thing. I might pop in the NMTZ video sometime soon and take a look at it to see what it will be like. I've done NMTZ before but it was back in January and it was mixed with other videos so I can't remember it all that well. I wanna say that the quick parts will be mixed in with the floorwork throughout the entire video but I'm not sure.

I want to say segment 3 (abs) and segment 7 (leg lifts)...I guess popping it in is the best way to figure it out...anyway, I am super excited to get started.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Thanks, I am in an elimination challenge that I run and need to jump start things on this end!!! I was almost eliminated on Wednesday. :noway:
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am so in! I have read about this 30 Day Slimdown on the forums on here and was planning on starting this next month! I also completed 30DS in June and am doing Ripped in 30 right now (in the second week!) and will be done with that right before August. The timing could not be more perfect :) I have her NMTZ and BFBM dvds so I am good to go!

Also, I found this breakdown online of the NMTZ circuits, so I guess for Quick Trouble Zones, we would do circuits 1, 3, and 4 only?

Circuit #1- Shoulder & Legs
    - Squat with Shoulder Press
    - Backwards Lunge with Side Shoulder Raise (repeat on other leg)
    - Chair Squat with Front Shoulder Raise
    - Front Shoulder PressOuts

Circuit #2- Chest & Abs
    - Chest Press with a Crunch
    - Chest Fly with Double Leg Raise
    - Bicycle Crunches
    - Squirms (lying down with knees bent. lift head and shoulder blades off ground and alternate bending to the side and tapping your heels).
    - PushUp

Circuit #3- Biceps & Butt
    - Deadlift with Hammer Curl
    - Static Squat with Concentration Curl
    - Front Lunge with Wide Grip Curl (repeat on other leg)
    - Side Lunge with Biceps Curl

Circuit #4- Thighs & Triceps
    - Chair Pose with Triceps Kickback
    - Sumo Squat with Overhead Triceps Press
    - Surrender (step back and down to kneeling position then stand up again)
    - Forward Lunge with Triceps Pushback (repeat on other leg)

Circuit #5- Core
    - Double Crunches
    - Twisting Plank
    - Plank with ToeTaps (repeat with other leg)
    - Windshield Wipers (lying down lift both legs and move from side-to-side)

Circuit #6- Upper Body & Core
    - Plank with Back Rows
    - Superman
    - Scissor Kicks
    - Pelvic Thrusts (repeat on other leg)

Circuit #7- Lower Body & Core
    - Side Plank
    - Side Lying Leg Raise
    - Inner Thigh Raise
    - Donkey Kicks
    - Fire Hydrant with Kick
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Also, I found this breakdown online of the NMTZ circuits, so I guess for Quick Trouble Zones, we would do circuits 1, 3, and 4 only?

Circuit #1- Shoulder & Legs
    - Squat with Shoulder Press
    - Backwards Lunge with Side Shoulder Raise (repeat on other leg)
    - Chair Squat with Front Shoulder Raise
    - Front Shoulder PressOuts

Circuit #3- Biceps & Butt
    - Deadlift with Hammer Curl
    - Static Squat with Concentration Curl
    - Front Lunge with Wide Grip Curl (repeat on other leg)
    - Side Lunge with Biceps Curl

Circuit #4- Thighs & Triceps
    - Chair Pose with Triceps Kickback
    - Sumo Squat with Overhead Triceps Press
    - Surrender (step back and down to kneeling position then stand up again)
    - Forward Lunge with Triceps Pushback (repeat on other leg)

This sounds good although I think I would add just one other segment and alternate...gotta work those abs!!!

If anyone has Comcast-on-Demand...they have QTZ on there to view - or - just do!!!
  • jenniferfelice
    Options
    I'm in! I'm working through the 30DS and will be done by July 31st and am planning to start a new program August 1st! So this works perfectly! How are you liking Ripped in 30?
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm working through the 30DS and will be done by July 31st and am planning to start a new program August 1st! So this works perfectly! How are you liking Ripped in 30?

I personally really like Ripped in 30! It's pretty similar to 30ds but I actually like it more so far. The format is the same in that she uses the 3-2-1 training, some of the moves I've seen in 30ds but there are definitely some new ones too. She also adds another move for strength so there are 3 moves in each circuit instead of 2. I will probably incorporate Ripped in 30 into the Slimdown routine as well!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Starting weight 174.6

Bust: 39
    Waist: 33 7/8
    ABD: 41 3/4
    hips: 43 1/4
    Thigh: 25 1/4

Total inches: 183.125

I am going to track weight and inches. I'll do this again in 2 weeks and at the end. I am also in the midst of the C25K program for an extra boost. I am stalled and need to do somthing!!!
  • coquetona
    Options
    Wow! This thread got busy! Thanks for looking into the quick trouble zones. It'll be nice to know what to do before getting started. I'm glad that the floorwork isn't mixed in throughout the entire video. That would have been a little counter-productive. :o)
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've just started the 30DS and won't be finished until mid-August. Maybe I can do both. I was going to do the Ripped in 30 after this. I will check to see which videos I have of hers. Too many are collecting dust!

Thanks for posting!
  • coquetona
    Options

I personally really like Ripped in 30! It's pretty similar to 30ds but I actually like it more so far. The format is the same in that she uses the 3-2-1 training, some of the moves I've seen in 30ds but there are definitely some new ones too. She also adds another move for strength so there are 3 moves in each circuit instead of 2. I will probably incorporate Ripped in 30 into the Slimdown routine as well!

I agree with everything said above. It's a great workout! I also liked that there are 3 strength moves instead of 2 like the previous poster stated. I found levels 1&2 were difficult but after coming right off of the 30 day shred they were not too bad. I'm glad I did the shred first though because I feel like ripped is more of a challenge. I started level 3 of ripped a few days ago and not going to lie, it has been tough. She makes you do this move called "duck walks" and basically tells you to swear at her, which of course I comply with.
  • coquetona
    Options
    Starting weight 174.6

Bust: 39
    Waist: 33 7/8
    ABD: 41 3/4
    hips: 43 1/4
    Thigh: 25 1/4

Total inches: 183.125

I am going to track weight and inches. I'll do this again in 2 weeks and at the end. I am also in the midst of the C25K program for an extra boost. I am stalled and need to do somthing!!!

Great idea! I'll probably post my before and after pictures when I'm done and I'll try to take measurements this time too.
  • coquetona
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've just started the 30DS and won't be finished until mid-August. Maybe I can do both. I was going to do the Ripped in 30 after this. I will check to see which videos I have of hers. Too many are collecting dust!

Thanks for posting!

Sounds great!