30 Day Slimdown Challenge (Starting August 1st)

Options

Replies

• weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Is everyone posting daily or once a week?

I did the NMTZ this morning, and it was tough. Now, I remember why I didn't keep doing it. LOL, it was easier this time around but still a challenge. It was nice to do something other than 30DS for a break. Keep it strong everyone!

My SW on MFP: 172
    CW: 165
    GW: 135

I'm 5' 7"
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I did days 1 and 2 but I am going to move day 3 to the rest day. I am on the last 2 days of 30DS so I was able to over lap the last 2 days, but not today. NMTZ is like an hour long and with the shred that would be an hour and a half. I just didn't have the time or energy to workout with Jillian for that long.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hello again ladies!

weeziews - I will prob check in everyday or every other day, it helps to keep me on track!

Day 2 done! I did Ripped in 30 Week 1 today. NMTZ is tomorrow, which is good because I do feel like I need to get some good strength training in...but I know it's going to be a tough one lol. I think I've only done the full workout once since owning the dvd haha.

Keep it up everything! You all are doing great!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Great to see all the activity on this thread! I am so excited to be committed to this program with you all! My goal is to check in every day because I need the accountability. Plus I want to share stories of how much I love/hate the program :)
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    bump
  • JustBreathe418
    Options
    Great to see all the activity on this thread! I am so excited to be committed to this program with you all! My goal is to check in every day because I need the accountability. Plus I want to share stories of how much I love/hate the program :)

Haha, I am so with you on this one BeckyJill!

NMTZ is later tonight after work...will let you all know how it goes :)
  • weeziews
    Options
    love/hate the program is right!! :-)

I did NMTZ yesterday morning and OMG, my abs are sore. Geesh, my core really needs some help. I skipped working out this morning, but will do it this evening.

Keep up the great work!
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is off to a great start!

I started yesturday (2 days later than I wanted to due to illness) with the shred level 1 and it felt so easy! Two months ago I would have felt like I was going to die. I ended up using my 3lb weights through the whole thing and even added them in during the cardio (when I started I could barely use my 1lb weights). I am actually sore today and haven't been in a long time. I'll be doing ripped in 30 level 1 tonight after work. I'll probably check in every day or so to hold myself accountable as well.

Keep it up everyone!
  • JustBreathe418
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is off to a great start!

I started yesturday (2 days later than I wanted to due to illness) with the shred level 1 and it felt so easy! Two months ago I would have felt like I was going to die. I ended up using my 3lb weights through the whole thing and even added them in during the cardio (when I started I could barely use my 1lb weights). I am actually sore today and haven't been in a long time. I'll be doing ripped in 30 level 1 tonight after work. I'll probably check in every day or so to hold myself accountable as well.

Keep it up everyone!

I felt the same way! It's amazing how much stronger we've gotten from her workouts...and now we will get even STRONGER!

Did NMTZ today and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would. That surrender move though...OW, hurts every single time.

Shred L1 again tomorrow!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Just saw this thread. I am on day 4 of the 30 day slim down, so I did 30DS Level 1 today. I do all the cardio with dumbbells to make it harder. BFBM is tomorrow. It will be my first time doing it. Hope it goes well.
  • weeziews
    Options
    I did BFBM just a little bit ago and I feel so out of shape. I couldn't do the entire workout. Grrr.. I might try it again later this evening or something else. I dont feel like i get a good enough workout in.

Giod luck to everyone today.
  • coquetona
    Options
    Did Ripped in 30 last night and tonight I will be doing NMTZ! I haven't done this video in about six months so I'm curious to see how it goes. I feel really sore from yesturday. I've never felt so sore from the shred or ripped level 1 before but I have been getting as deep as possible into every single move (squats in particular) and it made me really feel it yesturday and today.

Burn baby burn!!
  • coquetona
    Options
    NMTZ was easier than I remember and I upgraded my weights for it too. :o) Waiting for my bf to get off work and then we are playing tennis and I also have to do six week six pack level 1 today, which I have never done before.

Have a happy and healthy weekend everyone!
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    I did BFBM yesterday. It was tough, but I like the kickboxing moves. 30DS level 1 today. That will be a breeze.
  • JustBreathe418
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Today was Quick Trouble Zones for me. Instead of just doing circuits 1, 3, and 4, I also did circuit 2 as someone previously suggested. That way, I just let the dvd play through and didn't have to stop and skip it. My abs can always use some work!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies- I finished No More Trouble Zones today. Oh man- I can't wait for my 20 minute work outs!! The long ones really make me appreciate the shorter ones!

My thighs are killing me! I feel like an old lady. On top of getting this challenge in, I'm trying to keep running and started playing in a coed softball league. Holy cow! I have thrown a ball, all out sprint, swung a bat in more than 3 years. Yeesh! My body hates me but I know it's going to totally going to be worth it. :)
  • weeziews
    Options
    Hey ladies- I finished No More Trouble Zones today. Oh man- I can't wait for my 20 minute work outs!! The long ones really make me appreciate the shorter ones!

I was thinking the same thing about the 20 minute workouts. :-)
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm liking this challenge. The fact we do something different each day keep a person from getting bored. I did NMTZ today to make up for missing day 3. I was finishing up 30DS.
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    I did 30DS level 3 today. Today was supposed to be my rest day, but I didn't get to do 30DS level 1 yesterday because of my nephews' birthday party. So I made it up today.
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    I did 30DS level 3 today. Today was supposed to be my rest day, but I didn't get to do 30DS level 1 yesterday because of my nephews' birthday party. So I made it up today.