30 Day Slimdown Challenge (Starting August 1st)

Options

Replies

• BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I will officially be starting today :) Great job to everyone who has already started and set such a great example!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Week #1, July 15th thru July 26th

Victories:
    1884 cals burned
    4 real push-ups
    Bumped weight to 8 lb. for chest flys and back rows
    Only burned 150 calories with shred #1 which is down from the 180s, means that my heart is getting stronger
    Punching squats with 3 lb. weights

Week #2
    Day 9, July 27th, Shred #2...197 cals
    July 28th, HANGOVER :sick: Late night out with friends + vodka = No exercise and trash eating
    Day 10, July 29th, QTZ (even circuits)...224 cals
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    Knocked out Day 1 last night :) I forgot the beautiful, burning in my thighs!! Love it!

Day 2- knocking it out this morning :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Yay, BeckyJill is here with me!!! I'm glad to have company!!!

Week #1, July 15th thru July 26th
    Victories:
    1884 cals burned
    4 real push-ups
    Bumped weight to 8 lb. for chest flys and back rows
    Only burned 150 calories with shred #1 which is down from the 180s, means that my heart is getting stronger
    Punching squats with 3 lb. weights

Week #2
    Day 9, July 27th, Shred #2...197 cals
    July 28th, HANGOVER Late night out with friends + vodka = No exercise and trash eating
    Day 10, July 29th, QTZ (even circuits)...224 cals & 50 mins. of C25K & dog walking...392 cals
    Day 11, July 30th, Shred #2...184 cals

I worked a double last night, 16 hours, slept 5 hours, woke up and did Shred #2. On Thursday, I have to spend 3 days at a waterpark and wear a swimsuit. I must stay focused!!!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    nisijam5 you are kicking some major butt here!!! :)

Woohoo, happy ALMOST August everyone! So I was looking at my schedule and I will be starting the slimdown a few days after you all. I'm going to start Wednesday August 3rd since I have a few things going on at the beginning of this week. Won't be too far behind you guys! I am also going to incorporate Ripped in 30 into my slimdown schedule. So here's what I'll be doing:

Wed DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    Thurs DAY 2 - RIPPED IN 30: WEEK 1
    Fri DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Sat DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    Sun DAY 5 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    Mon DAY 6 - BANISH FAT BOOST METABOLISM
    Tues DAY 7 - OFF!
    Wed DAY 8 - RIPPED IN 30: WEEK 1
    Thurs DAY 9 - RIPPED IN 30: WEEK 2
    Fri DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

Sat DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    Sun DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    Mon DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Tues DAY 14 - OFF!
    Wed DAY 15 - RIPPED IN 30: WEEK 2 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    Thurs DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    Fri DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Sat DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & RIPPED IN 30: WEEK 2
    Sun DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Mon DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

Tues DAY 21 - OFF!
    Wed DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & RIPPED IN 30: WEEK 1
    Thurs DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    Fri DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    Sat DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & RIPPED IN 30: WEEK 3
    Sun DAY 26 - OFF!
    Mon DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    Tues DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    Wed DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN RIPPED IN 30 LEVEL 1
    Thurs DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

Also, I hate Level 2 of the shred with a passion LOL. So on some of those days, I may do level 3 instead.

Can't wait to start!
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD's all ready to go. I am following the program that was in the first post. The only thing I will do different is Level 2 of 30DS since I have been doing that already. I'm excited!!! Good luck everyone. :happy:
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Today is the day. I will be over lapping for 4 days. Finishing up my first round of 30DS.
  • weeziews
    Options
    30 DS - level 2 completed this morning! Day 1 complete. :happy:
  • chi88
    chi88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Took my pics today. Completed day 1 - 30DS- level 1. I'm so amped and excited!
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I started the Slimdown yesterday :) I am almost done with my 30DS, so I am also overlapping for a few days :) Good luck everyone :) We have a great month of slimming down ahead of us :D
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    still on track- I won't be able to check in because I am going out of town for a funeral. I should still be able to get workouts in but I probably won't stick to the schedule. I only brought 30 DS with me so that will have to do for now.

Let's get slim ladies!!
  • cmg4721
    Options
    BeckyJill7 – kuddo’s to you for still fitting in workouts while out of town, sorry it's for a funeral….i have 2 camping trips planned this month, so I have edited my slimdown challenge to accommodate those
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    WTG everyone! I was so amped to get going yesturday and now I am sick! I have really bad vertigo and a killer stomach ache. I'm hoping to start tomorrow. I had to leave work early yesturday and still feel yucky today. Oh well. Such is life. Keep up the great work everyone!
  • weeziews
    Options
    Day 2 - 30DS completed. Since inane been doing the 30DS for awhile already, I'm looking forward to a different workout tomorrow. Good luck everyone.
  • weeziews
    Options
    WTG everyone! I was so amped to get going yesturday and now I am sick! I have really bad vertigo and a killer stomach ache. I'm hoping to start tomorrow. I had to leave work early yesturday and still feel yucky today. Oh well. Such is life. Keep up the great work everyone!

I hope you feel better soon.
  • weeziews
    Options
    Hey I'm in!!
    I'm waiting on my JM 30 day shred DVD to arrive, it should be here by the first, so I will start with that I'm new to her DVDs, so it should be a challenge!!
    But I'm ready for a challenge!!!! And they sound great..!!
    Ya! Bring it on!!! :happy:

What is the body rock challenge? That girl has some serious workouts, she scared me! LOL
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Woohoo Day 1 of the Slimdown complete! Did 30 Day Shred L1 today....it's been a while since I finished the shred, so I haven't seen L1 in a long time. I'm happy to say that it seemed a lot easier this time around lol! The shred was the first of Jillian's workouts that I tried and I remember almost DYING that very first day. Since then, I've been using a few of her other workouts and I guess I'm in better shape now than I was when I first started the shred! Looks like Jillian's kick butt dvds really do work :)

You guys are all doing awesome! Keep at it!
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm on my 19 day of 30 day shred! I also have the 6 week 6pack AB. I do as we'll when I switch it up!!! Can I join even tho I don't have the other videos? I have other Workout videos I can do too if that's fine? Keep it up everyone! !! Oh by the way how many calories can you burn on this Workout?
  • cmg4721
    Options
    coquetona – I hope you feel better soon :)

weeziews – great job getting thru day 2…I was also doing the 30DS for the past month and it is definitely nice to mix up the workouts now :)

JustBreathe418 – grat job! The 2nd time I did the shred, I couldn’t believe how much stronger I was! I don’t think we realize it while we’re doing it, but we definitely are getting much stronger!

dolphin21 – welcome!! You can definitely do it with whatever videos you do have. I know some of us have revised it as well adding in Jillian’s Ripped in 30 DVD. My calories burned depends on the day and if I did any kind of workouts before…Day 1 I did 30DS Level 1 and burned 201cals, Day 2 I did RI30 and burned 275cals. By the way…I’m 5’4” and 179lbs :)

Day 3 will be tonight after work! Today will be my first time doing No More Trouble Zones…I’m gonna be hurting tomorrow lol
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    coquetona – I hope you feel better soon :)

weeziews – great job getting thru day 2…I was also doing the 30DS for the past month and it is definitely nice to mix up the workouts now :)

JustBreathe418 – grat job! The 2nd time I did the shred, I couldn’t believe how much stronger I was! I don’t think we realize it while we’re doing it, but we definitely are getting much stronger!

dolphin21 – welcome!! You can definitely do it with whatever videos you do have. I know some of us have revised it as well adding in Jillian’s Ripped in 30 DVD. My calories burned depends on the day and if I did any kind of workouts before…Day 1 I did 30DS Level 1 and burned 201cals, Day 2 I did RI30 and burned 275cals. By the way…I’m 5’4” and 179lbs :)

Day 3 will be tonight after work! Today will be my first time doing No More Trouble Zones…I’m gonna be hurting tomorrow lol

CMG4721- thanks for the information. Lets all do this!!! Good luck: ) so do we post every week or how does it work?