August Challenge

Options

Replies

• sqvash
    sqvash Posts: 17
    Options
    Would love to do that! My wedding is September 18th. They started altering my gown this week and told me not to lose any more weight. But you know what? If they have to take in the side seam a second time (yes, they are taking it in already) then OH well! They can just do it. They admitted that unless I had a huge loss they could take in the seams again under what I've already paid for alterations.

So....where do we start? How are we going to make this happen? I know I need to start lifting again, I've just been doing cardio lately.

Good luck everyone, we can dooo it! :)
  • sonpari24
    sonpari24 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i m in
  • MisszObrien
    Options
    I'd Love to join in As Well!! New Member Looking for the Motivational Peers !!!!
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Are we wanted to post our weight? or just our loses? maybe we could have challenges too like burning X amount of calories over the week or something? just to keep it alive. i believe this is attainable. I leave to China on sept 6th just for a week but i'd love to go cloth shopping and feel good about myself.

anyway, what do you all think?
  • kls79
    kls79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join in?
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the big day!!!!

What are everyones game plan? :happy:
  • ChrissiesGettingHealthy
    Options
    Is it too late to join in?

No not at all!
  • ChrissiesGettingHealthy
    Options
    Are we wanted to post our weight? or just our loses? maybe we could have challenges too like burning X amount of calories over the week or something? just to keep it alive. i believe this is attainable. I leave to China on sept 6th just for a week but i'd love to go cloth shopping and feel good about myself.

anyway, what do you all think?

It's really up to personal choice I think. I like the challenge Idea. (Would you like to be incharge of that Cass :P) Maybe like post a new challenge for everyone each week?

For me it's the evening of the 31st. and today I weighed in at 235.8lbs (107kgs) so by september 3rd I am aiming for 220lbs (100kgs). I'll keep you all posted. xx
  • chantel111184
    chantel111184 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    As of today i have gained 2lbs so starting weight is 147lbs a little dispointed but i only have myself to blame, so i plan on being more on top of what i have been eating and more execise to lose the lbs i gained and more good luck all
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm in =) September is a huge birthday month in out family so all the cameras will be out and I want to be in the 170's by then! I weighed in at 191.4

Good luck everyone!!!
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in. I'm new to MFP and anxious to get going. Love the idea of working with a group.
    What do I need to do? Need a start weight?

SW 258.2
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    hehe ok i will try to come up with something new each week.
  • Quarantined
    Options
    I'm definitely in. :D I want to lose a physically noticeable amount of weight by early November - just in time for summer and t-shirt weather!
  • emma1488
    emma1488 Posts: 175
    Options
    Im in! I'm 2kgs off my goal weight!!! I wonder if I can reach it by september
  • gemwho2
    gemwho2 Posts: 82
    Options
    Hello

Can I join please? I feel I get on so much better when I am part of a challenge but the recent ones I have joined havent really taken off.

I am a 26 year old female from the UK. Have taken the sloooooow route, losing approx 30lb over the last 2.5 years. Tend to lose a bit, maintain, lose a bit, gain a bit, lose a bit etc etc.

I now know my target...11lb away so I am determined to lose it. My motivation have disappeared lately so really need some support to get it back.

Plan - Eat sensibly
    Stay within calories
    Exercise exercise exercise

I realise I may not reach this by september as the weight loss slows down the less you have to lose but I hope to be MUCH closer to goal than I am now. I also want to tone my body so if I am a few lb over due to muscle mass I wont mind too much...I think I'll know when I get to the weight I'm happy with :)
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join too please. As I'm getting closer to my goal I'm finding it very hard going. I have lost my motivation big time and I really need to get back on track and get rid of these last stubborn kilos!! Today has been a bad food day so I'm really looking forward to having a Challenge to kick off tomorrow. I will post my current weight and goal after I check my weight in the morning (I don't think it is going to be pretty ).

Good luck everyone :smile:
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need to get rid of my beer belly. I work in a beer bar and for October we have to dress up in these little outfits for Oktoberfest weekend.
    I plan on starting to eat better, and working out with Turbofire- starting August first.

Lets do this!
  • SammieFierce
    SammieFierce Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am game! Add me in!! This will be AWESOME!
  • Izzy62
    Izzy62 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Please add me too xx

My start weight is 176 lb and I normally weigh in on Fridays so I'll update on Fridays if thats ok :) I'll do a final weigh on the 3rd Sept (not sure what day that is even hehe!)

Please feel free to add me as a friend anyone.

Good luck everyone!!!!

Izzy
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need to get rid of my beer belly. I work in a beer bar and for October we have to dress up in these little outfits for Oktoberfest weekend.
    I plan on starting to eat better, and working out with Turbofire- starting August first.

Lets do this!

Turbo Fire is awesome. Hard at first (for me anyways) but so much fun once you get into it.