August Challenge

Options

Replies

• twinsfan1976
    Options
    Well I see it is all ladies in this challenge, would there be room for a guy? I have been searching for a little extra motivation and I seem to do best when I am involved in a weight loss challenge. I have been horribly off track for months now and I want to get back into it. Seems most challenges are already closed :(. Let me know if I would be welcome here and feel free to add me as well if you would like

Erik

Oh, and if I am allowed in, my starting weight as of today is 322 lb. I was scared to step on the scale, I have really gained over the last 2 months, ugh!
  • ChrissiesGettingHealthy
    Options
    Well I see it is all ladies in this challenge, would there be room for a guy? I have been searching for a little extra motivation and I seem to do best when I am involved in a weight loss challenge. I have been horribly off track for months now and I want to get back into it. Seems most challenges are already closed :(. Let me know if I would be welcome here and feel free to add me as well if you would like

Erik

Oh, and if I am allowed in, my starting weight as of today is 322 lb. I was scared to step on the scale, I have really gained over the last 2 months, ugh!

I think we would all be happy to Welcome you to the Challenge Erik.

(Personally I am happy for anyone to join in at any time)
  • gemwho2
    gemwho2 Posts: 82
    Options
    How we all doing?
    I have eaten well today, just have to do some exercise :)

Any goals/challenges?
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    How we all doing?
    I have eaten well today, just have to do some exercise :)

Any goals/challenges?

I'm doing pretty good. I have been eating pretty good and drinking lots of water today. I still need to get out and do some exercising tho. I am doing a few challenges this month along with this one. One is burning at least 4000 cals total this week and only eating 2000mg of sodium a day (easier said then done). I am also trying to swim for at least 30 minutes everyday in August. What about you? What goals and/or challenges are you doing?
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    So far, so good. I'm anxious for my first full-week weigh in this Friday. I should hit my 25 lbs lost mark.
  • Not starting this month on such a good note gained 500gms / 1lb :( I've had two days of eating not so great. Tomorrow is supermarket shopping day and I will be stocking up on healthy healthy foods. I'm about to sit down and plan my meals for the week.

How's everyone else doing?
  • bslic
    Options
    tomorrow is a new day.....enjoy getting some healthy and tasty foods at the store. I'm heading to the farmer's market tomorrow to get some lovely fresh produce. I love summer goodies.
  • gemmie_c
    gemmie_c Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this-I decided myself to have a really kick-*kitten* August and would love some support/to help support other people.
    I'm not sure I'll be able to hit 15lbs in 5 weeks but I am up for trying my hardest (I have 32 lbs to go-so that would be half the weight I'd have to loose pretty much-and I have a sky diving injury on my knee).

I would love to think that 2lbs a week would be a good target for me. :)

Let's do this guys!!!!!!!!!!!! :) xxx
  • gemmie_c
    Options
    Thanks for this-I decided myself to have a really kick-*kitten* August and would love some support/to help support other people.
    I'm not sure I'll be able to hit 15lbs in 5 weeks but I am up for trying my hardest (I have 32 lbs to go-so that would be half the weight I'd have to loose pretty much-and I have a sky diving injury on my knee).

I would love to think that 2lbs a week would be a good target for me. :)

Let's do this guys!!!!!!!!!!!! :) xxx

Oh an by the way .....

I am 5' 7" (medium build)
    I weight 182 lbs
    I'd like to weigh 172 lbs by the end of the 5 week challenge-but would love more.

I'm going to try to really up my water, do some form of excercise daily (injured atm so will be walking mostly but I will try to use my car less and my legs more.) and stay within my 1200 kcal target by eating more veg, less bread, rice and pasta.
  • gemwho2
    gemwho2 Posts: 82
    Options
    I'm replacing my breakfast and lunch with maxitone shakes. Don't worry it's the meal replacement ones so getting all the nutrition I need. The reason is because I get bored and snack easily without realising. I could easily have two massive bowls of cereal for breakfast then be peckish not long after. The shakes are high in protein so will hopefully reduce my hunger levels. Snacking on fruit and having quorn with veggies for dinner. Trying my best to reduce caffeine, hard!!

Have done level 2 of the shred today. I completed the 30 days a while ago and feel level 2 is the one which gave me the biggest changes, still kicks my *kitten* though!

Here's to a good day 2 everyone :)
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Been super busy the last few days so quickly adding in my current weight

As of August 1st - 145 pounds.

I did have a great first day, morning and evening workouts and well within calories. Just hope I can continue it through the rest of the month :smile:
  • Kimbers70
    Kimbers70 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Just did 40 min of TurboFire Fire 30 and Stretch 10. Feeling good- off to a shower now. :)
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    My starting weight for this challenge is 190.9. I'm working out 3 days on and 1 day off, but as I get stronger I'll do 4 days on and one day off. Good luck everyone!
  • bslic
    Options
    Watched nearly a whole episode of Breaking Bad while riding the bike....35 drippy, sweaty minutes. Now off to Just Dance 2 for about 20 more min of sweat.

Can't wait for my weigh in on Friday.
  • L4JSnP
    L4JSnP Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • One of my biggest inspiration at the moment. Check her out!! http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/
  • Izzy62
    Izzy62 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Happy day 3 folks xx woken up to beautiful sunshine :)

Off to the gym today and yogalates this evening, really looking forward to both, it's amazing how addictive exercise becomes.

Good luck evryone and have a great day!

We can do this xxx

Hehe edited since I wished you all good "uck" which really wouldn't have been pleasant now, would it? lol
  • gemmie_c
    Options
    Good day three for me team-hope you are all doing well. I haven't been over at all yet and still feeling focused and driven. Failure isn't an option anymore.
    Happy day four. xx
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It has been a good 3 days! I almost didn't work out today but ended up going to the pool last minute and doing an hour and 15 minutes of laps! My start weight is 304 and I am very excited about weighing in on Sunday morning! Good Luck to everyone and keep up the great work!