August Challenge

Options

Replies

• Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest inspiration at the moment. Check her out!! http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/

I really liked this link! Thanks for sharing!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am having an awesome August so far. Got a trial memership for a new gym that has just opened near me. I went for the first time today and did 20mins on their flashy treadmills, you can even watch tv on the treadmill screen!!! Then I did a 30min Circuit Xpress Class which was just like having a personal trainer take you through the machines and did pushups, crunches etc, I was a bit worried when the warm up was to run up and down the stairs for 2 mins, that nearly killed me before I even started. I already have a gym membership elsewhere but its so nice to get to use all these new shiny machines! Going to try some of the classes that my usual gym does'nt have too.

I have also been trying to use my treadmill at home more, it has been sadly neglected lately and it is time to put it to better use!! So I am aiming for 40km in August from running/walking on the treadmill or using the runkeeper app on my phone that tells me how far I have done. 13km so far!!
  • Weighed in today. very happy I have hit the 5kg mark. :) In under 5 weeks.

Had an hour PT session at the gym today I don't think I have ever worked so hard in my life. Well worth it though. Sure I almost died lol.

August Update:

Lost - 0.9kgs / 2lbs
  • gemwho2
    gemwho2 Posts: 82
    Options
    Hey Everyone

Day 4 now, I was on nightshift last night and managed to avoid all the lovely sweets and treats. Never easy!
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    sorry for my lack of support this week guys! i haven't been home :( i should really be hitting the gym..but don't think i'm not doing anything...i play basketball 3 nights a week =p 500 calories burnt
  • mom031344
    Options
    i would love to join...........
  • gemmie_c
    gemmie_c Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well done guys-keep it going.

I don't know what got into me today-after very carefully planning everything I got and blow it with a chocolate bar, then I get offered another (little treat size) pack of buttons, so I have that too.

I now don't have enough calories for the dinner I had planned so I'm going to have to try and salvage it with home made tomato and basil soup and salad-that will only take me a few calories over 1200. Kicking myself.

Still-in the past one bad thing would have lead to another and I'd be eating something really naughty for dinner or even worse-take out. Not this time though....no, no, no.

Tomorrow-I am not going to put a single chocolate in my mouth all day-my boss isn't in the office either tomorrow, so I should be nice and relaxed. :)
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Just finished up Fire 30/Stretch 10 of TurboFire, Day 4! Burned a whole 745 Calories. :)
  • gemmie_c
    Options
    It's Friday (YES!). I have a weekend without plans (de-cluttering my life this weekend whilst my boyfriend and housemates are away-lots of old, fat, ugly clothes to give to charity) which means I am going to be super amazing all weekend long.

I really hope to get out of the 180's this week and into the 170's-which would mean a 4lbs loss this week but I am going to be busy all weekend sorting my house so hopefully my wish will be granted.

Hope you all have a happy, dedicated Friday.
    Gem :) xx
  • Yesterday was my flatmates birthday party...and although I probably went over my calorie intake for the day I don't think I would have by much, I also stopped drinking about 3 hours before bed and drank about 1.5liters of water before bed over that time. I also haven't done much today I've been sleeping and watching movies in bed I've had probably about 900 calories today which isn't much but I haven't done anything and I feel quite full so I'm not worried and I'll be hitting the gym first thing tomorrow and weighing in. (I really need to buy some scales for mine - mine broke :( )
  • Tomorrow is the end of week one. It would be awesome if you could all post your losses for the week so we can see how everyone is doing! xx
  • Jessicas_Old_Account
    Options
    I'm in =]

SW:170
    August GW:155
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm down 2.7 :)
  • Week 1: Down 1kg / 2.2lbs
  • gemmie_c
    Options
    I have had a pretty good week-my weigh in day is tomorrrow morning so I'm hoping to have a decent loss.
    My aim is to get out of the 180's-here's hoping.

I have a fairly busy day planned so hopefully that will help me not think about naughty food. Yesterday was brilliant-I had a massive clear out (which included lots of clothes that I no longer wear as I'm to slim for them :)-I'm about to head to the charity bins so someone less fortunate can benefit from them.

Best of luck for weigh in this week lovely people. x
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    SW 304
    CW 300 :happy:

PARTY!!!!! So far so good! Thanks for all the motivation guys! Can't wait for this week :tongue: Good luck to all!
  • chantel111184
    chantel111184 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1lb lost from the 2lb i gained 146lbs

ready to work really hard this week and get back on the healthy living wagon. good luck all
  • gemmie_c
    Options
    I was so happy that I cheered when I got on the scales this morning. 3.5 lbs down this week-taking me into the 170's. :):):)

Happy, happy, happy!

I have a meal at my parents this weekend for my mum's birthday-which will require planning. Thankfully, my parents are ultra supportive and will pander to any diet whim I may throw upon them.

I also have a trip to a spa in London on Saturday with my other half. I'm not sure what food plans are but will try my damn hardest to make the smartest choice.

Nothing can kill my buzz right now.

My target this week-2.5 lbs.

Best of luck this week August challenge gang.
  • wow Gemmi thats awesome!!

For me this week is going to be busy busy busy and full on. I'm on placement (kind of like work experience) at the moment so this week I am working 2.30pm till 11pm so this pretty much means no bed for me till after 12! and a decent AM sleep in. I probably won't be exercising as much the next few weeks because of this but I'll be running around the ward so much anyways I should hopefully still be getting in quite a bit of cardio.

I will still be around it just might be odd hours! (the hours are also really messing with my food/eating although I'm having a late breakfast and a smaller lunch I'm still having tea at 6ish so come 11pm I'm starving and tonight I came home and downed 3 bits of toast!! So I feel like I'm pretty much adding an extra meal in. Although I'm not really doing breakfast till about 11am so maybe I'll make it a big breakfast then have a snack before I hit the ward..Dinner at 6ish and then a second dinner / lunch kind of thing when I get home....Ah well see..

What do you guys think?
    Sorry for the HUGE ramble.

xx Chrissie
  • gemmie_c
    Options
    wow Gemmi thats awesome!!

For me this week is going to be busy busy busy and full on. I'm on placement (kind of like work experience) at the moment so this week I am working 2.30pm till 11pm so this pretty much means no bed for me till after 12! and a decent AM sleep in. I probably won't be exercising as much the next few weeks because of this but I'll be running around the ward so much anyways I should hopefully still be getting in quite a bit of cardio.

I will still be around it just might be odd hours! (the hours are also really messing with my food/eating although I'm having a late breakfast and a smaller lunch I'm still having tea at 6ish so come 11pm I'm starving and tonight I came home and downed 3 bits of toast!! So I feel like I'm pretty much adding an extra meal in. Although I'm not really doing breakfast till about 11am so maybe I'll make it a big breakfast then have a snack before I hit the ward..Dinner at 6ish and then a second dinner / lunch kind of thing when I get home....Ah well see..

What do you guys think?
    Sorry for the HUGE ramble.

xx Chrissie

I totally understand-I did my degree in Nursing (psych) and remember it all too well-not practising at the moment though and its never easy. In fact-I wish I had taken control of things way back then-it was at university that I put on most of my weight.

Still-no time for regrets-there is work to be done and no time like the present. :)

Here if you need anything. xx