Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• tigersmoondiva
    tigersmoondiva Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 215 - 5 pounds UP from Friday. (I am currently in bloat city!) UGGGH.
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Ravenclaw House!!!

I would like to preface this by saying I am so sorry I have been absent. However I'm finally back at school and finally on a schedule again. The September challenge sounds pretty similar to the ones we've had in the past and I am more than happy to be back as a student this year. I am currently at 163.4lbs, and while it is up from the last time I posted on here, since arriving at school a week ago I am down a pound. I guess that is what being a poor college student will do to you! Lol!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Ravenclaw House!!!

I would like to preface this by saying I am so sorry I have been absent. However I'm finally back at school and finally on a schedule again. The September challenge sounds pretty similar to the ones we've had in the past and I am more than happy to be back as a student this year. I am currently at 163.4lbs, and while it is up from the last time I posted on here, since arriving at school a week ago I am down a pound. I guess that is what being a poor college student will do to you! Lol!

Welcome back miniebee!! Good to see you!
  • the_accountinator
    Options
    Hello Fellow Ravenclaws!

Checking in today at 279.0 which is down but I'm not sure how much. I've taken another part of my CPA exam so hopefully I'll be hanging out here a little more than lately. I've still got one more part that I'll be starting to study for soon, but my brain needs a little break first.

I'm super-excited that the whole of Hogwarts is back and getting ready to start the new term on September 1st! This has been so much fun so far and I'm glad there's no real end in the near future.

Keep up the good work!
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I was going to go to the rec this morning before church to weigh myself, but it didn't open until noon, so I couldn't. I guess I'll have to weigh either tomorrow morning (if I remember to get up early enough) or on Tuesday when I don't have class until 11 am. This is super frustrating not having a scale of my own. I'm asking for one for my birthday, which is in October.
  • bethanyweathers
    Options
    Sue,

I have an idea on how to handle the MIA in our house without having to drop anyone on the list.

How about if you don't report a weight-in, you are in detention. None of your personal house points contribute to the weekly inter-house goals. You get out of detention by reporting two conseceturive weigh-ins. For Ravenclaw house only competitions, what counts would be up to you, whatever is easiest bookkeeping wise.

Since you are using a spreadsheet, it should be a simple matter of sorting by weigh-in, or creating a filter. (depends on how you want to do it-there are lots of ways to skin a spreadsheet)

This accommodates new house members who join mid-month. They won't necessarily have a previous weigh-in. Of course, they would be First Years, not in detention. It also accommodates our monthly goals, since you can still report interim weight loss and make progress for your monthly goals, so if someone just misses a week, no big deal.

No need to remove anyone from the register unless they explicitly ask or they close their account.

Thoughts?

Hi, Gwen. Thanks for the suggestions. I like the idea of calling no-weigh-ins "detention". I'll even mark it as that on our weekly reports! :laugh:

Everything will be tracked as an average for purposes of the inter-house competition (counting only those who report in). That way, if someone doesn't weigh in one week, their "detention" will not hurt the overall house results. Their weekly weight loss can't be counted in the Quidditch matches unless there are 2 consecutive weigh-ins. However, as long as a total of minutes exercised is reported at the end of the challenge, I can use that for the House Cup.

So long as we don't have to put "I must not miss weigh ins" in our signatures or anything like that :laugh:
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    Hello Fellow Ravenclaws,
    Weighing in this morning at 143 and really excited for our upcoming in and inter house challenges.
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My power is out from the hurricane so I'm posting this from my phone. I weigh in on Thursdays so I will just post those numbers here. Last week I was 261.0 and this week 260.2. Not sure how the other points work but I guess that would be 2 for posting 2 for multicolored meals and 2 for targeted exercise since Friday.

I might have to do my workout from memory today instead of watching my video but will still get it in :)
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    To keep confusion to a minimum, what do you all think about calling our inter-house exercise minutes "house points" and our in-house challenges "OWLs"? That is one of the things that was suggested at the staff meeting. It would be easier than saying "House Points" and "in-house points".

Sounds good to me. I was thinking that all this bookkeeping must be getting very convoluted with the inter-House competition. Anything to make it less complicated is ok with me.

If there is a piece (or pieces) that can easily be delegated or made easier for you, speak up. I'm more than happy to do my part. Maybe standardize how we report our weekly numbers?

Gwen
  • Sarac715
    Sarac715 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey there Ravenclaws! I'm at 140 this week and got 3 points for exercise and unfortunately I didn't really follow the food challenge. So four total points then with postings?
  • Sarac715
    Sarac715 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh I don't know if I should include this here/now but my goal for september is to reach 138. Not much of a drop, but I don't feel that I have too much left to lose, so I'm okay if it comes off slower as long as it stays off!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Sounds good to me. I was thinking that all this bookkeeping must be getting very convoluted with the inter-House competition. Anything to make it less complicated is ok with me.

If there is a piece (or pieces) that can easily be delegated or made easier for you, speak up. I'm more than happy to do my part. Maybe standardize how we report our weekly numbers?

Gwen

Thanks for the offer Gwen. I'm an old hand at this, but if I find I need help, you'll be the first one to know!! The bookkeeping doesn't bother me a bit. In fact, I work with Excel all day long at work too!! In the last inter-house challenge, I was counting how many days each person posted, but this time around, I'm letting you all do the work! :D The problem I run into is sizing the chart so all of the columns will fit into the MFP frame and still be readable. I think I've pretty much got a handle on that, but since there will be more columns with the new challenge, I'm going back to the format that I used before.
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Weighing in at 144.4lb today :)
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Will weigh in tomorrow am a little but worried abut what I will weigh.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Hope you aren't too blown away if you're in the US, we get tropical storms here occasionally and they can be scary! Had a good day diet-wise today so I am pleased about that, just need to convince myself to go to the gym now!

Are we having challenges this week? I'm fairly sure from reading in the great hall that the exercise minutes challenge starts from next week, right?!

I think OWLs and housepoints seems easier as well, Azsuzi, you are a star for coordinating us Ravenclaws!
  • bethanyweathers
    Options
    Will weigh myself tomorrow morning, I promise! It's so hard to get over to the rec in the mornings, but will do my best to get there tomorrow before classes.

Had a kinda bad day yesterday, but I'm hoping my other extra calories from the last few days made up for it. We'll see. *fingers crossed*
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ravenclaws,

Don't forget the Hogwart's Express leaves this Thursday. Better get your trunks packed.

Gwen
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Happy Monday Ravenclaw!

Sorry, I totally forgot house challenges in all the excitement of the inter-house challenge next week! Let's just keep on with what we were doing last week:

Food: 1 meal a day with at least 4 colors
    Exercise: target an area of your body that you neglect and work on that this week (I'm alternating abs and arms since I ignore them both!)

Hope you all have a wonderful day - and for those of you on the east coast, I'm glad you're safe and I hope life gets back to normal soon!
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    Good morning fellow Ravenclaws,

I had a question kinda silly I know but four colors what does that mean?
  • bethanyweathers
    Options
    Good morning fellow Ravenclaws,

I had a question kinda silly I know but four colors what does that mean?

4 foods of different colors. Example: carrots, green bean, blueberries, strawberries. orange, green, blue, red.