LEAN BY LABOR DAY - NEW CHALLENGE - *size limited* (starts w

AmyByExample
AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
edited September 29 in Motivation and Support
Hi All!

Anyone up for a 7 week challenge?

I am going to limit to the first 25 (if that many are interested) so we can get to know each other a bit, and support one another.

The challenge starts this week - so post or message me your starting weight. Please make sure you can committ to 7 weeks of posting ideally at least once/day (if not more)

From here forward we will weigh in on Monday to help us stay on our toes over those dangerous weekends.

July 18th - Initial Weigh In Week (Starting weight for challenge)
July 25th - "Week 1" weigh in
Remaining weigh ins" 8/1, 8/8, 8/15, 8/22, 8/29, 9/5 (final challenge weigh in)

We will keep a weekly log tracking:

Sleep (7-9 hours) (1 point for each day during the week you hit ths range)
Water - 8 glasses/day (1 point for each day you hit this minimum)
Exercise - 1 point per 20 minutes
Food - 1 point for each day you log or diary your food intake

Example: On Monday you slept 7 hours (1 point) got in your 8 glasses of water (1 point) Exercised for 60 minutes (3 points) and logged your food (1 point) = 6 points for that day (set up a little chart for yourself with 4 rows (sleep, water, exercise, food) and 7 columns (Monday - Sunday our "challenge week)

All of the above are linked to successful weight loss, so our attention should be focused there. Every few days I'll post a question, a challenge, or something along those lines (please PM me any suggestions you have)

Let's start with introductions..... can't wait!

Replies

• km323
    km323 Posts: 124
    I would love to join...those are exactly the four things I need to work on!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I love the challenge. It will help me get fit. Count me in

Would like to lose 10 pounds by Labor Day.

• AmyByExample
    I'm Amy, married 37 year old mother of 3 kids (5,7 & 9) and 2 dogs. I squeeze a full time job into part-time hours, and between the house, kids, hubby, etc - have really let myself get lost in the picture.

I haven't been on the scale in awhile (so ignore my ticker below) - but I think I'm somewhere in the 208-212 range (we'll see tomorrow).

I really think I started with weight issues in 6th grade or so - sports kept my weight from getting too out of control - but after my 3rd kiddo (um, 5 YEARS ago) I have gained and lost the same 30 pounds too many times to count.

I have the "pre-kids freak out weight" of 178 that I seem to hit, then bounce back up. I'd like to hit it, demolish it - and get back somewhere around 140-150 (though it's been so long, I'll have to zero in on a realistic goal weight when I get there).

Looking forward to hearing about all of you!

Hugs,
    Amy :)
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    ooh this sounds like fun! I havent been on MFP long but would love to join.

<super excited>
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    bump!!!!!!!!
  • Hi, I am definitely interested. I'm on here many times a day so I'm up for posting daily. I will post tomorrow (Monday) with my first weigh in. I'm so excited!!!
  • Count me in.
  • smilewithkatherine
    smilewithkatherine Posts: 82 Member
    It to late to join this challenge? If not I would love to join.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    I think I would love to join, if that's OK? :)
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    I'm in. My brother is getting married at the end of September and I would love to lose another 15-20 pounds by then. Sleeping enough is going to be the challenge for me and I think this will be a great help overall. Looking forward to the challenge!
    Rebecca
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Count me in :)

I'm 22, live in Wisconsin, have 2 dogs and 1 cat. I joined myfitnesspal after being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I have always known that I was overweight, and just have said "oh some day I am going to do something about it" kept ignoring it kept ignoring it and then WHAM, diabetes. I am now determined to get to a healthy weight and reverse my diabetes. My grandmother has followed a very bad path with diabetes and is now insulin dependent and out of control. I am determined NOT to be like her. So this is where I am, doing something about it. 36 pounds so far and counting!! :) I hope to get down around 150 (SW: 300) With the help of MFP I am well on my way. Look forward to getting to know some of you :)
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Need another challenge, please count me in!
  • AmyByExample
    Lean by Labor Day Challenge Group so far:

1. AmyByExample (Amy)
    2. km323
    3. Topsking2010 (Top)
    4. jenrod1118
    5. Pam3
    6. indigoangel86
    7. Simply_Christine
    8. k191073
    9. melissa_w
    10. becca0211 (Rebecca)
    11. asheleymarieC89 (Ashley)
    12. sheBB
    13. dawnrgrayson
  • AmyByExample
    Off to fit in my 7-9 hours of sleep. I'll be back on between 6-8AM EST. Sleep well so you can get ready to fire up your challenge muscles all! Woo hoo!!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    I would love to join you. My starting weight is 139.0 lbs
  • Hi. I'm pretty new to this site but LOVE it so far.

I'm a 47 year old mother of 3. My oldest daughter just turned 20. I have a 17 year old son and my "baby" girl is 13.

I have recently become a single Mom. It has taken some time to find my footing again emotionally and physically. I am learning to embrace my "new life"and am psyched to focus on my health and fitness.

I believe this challenge is perfect way for me to stay motivated/accountable.
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    I would also like to join you for this challenge.
  • AmyByExample
    Good Morning LBLD challengers!! Our group is in the process of forming. To get us started this week, check your "to do" list:

1. Post or message me your starting weight
    2. Introduce yourself here to the group
    3. Make a quick chart to track your sleep, water, exercise & food (see post #1)
    4. You may want to grab a challenge start photo and take some measurements (you don't need to share these, but at the end of this challenge when you're looking lean, you may wish to look back to see how far you've come)

...plus - there are weeks the scale won't budge, but the measurements may reflect your hard work.

As of this post, we have 9 more spots available. Make all your decisions count today! We are the only ones who have the power to change ourselves - let's do this!! :0)

Lean by Labor Day Challenge Group so far:

1. AmyByExample (Amy)
    2. km323
    3. Topsking2010 (Top)
    4. jenrod1118
    5. Pam3
    6. indigoangel86
    7. Simply_Christine
    8. k191073
    9. melissa_w
    10. becca0211 (Rebecca)
    11. asheleymarieC89 (Ashley)
    12. sheBB
    13. dawnrgrayson
    14. cklbrown
    15. a_fresh_start
    16. RubyRed1999
  • Kell888
    Kell888 Posts: 51
    I would like to join this challenge I am having some trouble losing right now so perhaps this will help!
  • Kell888
    Kell888 Posts: 51
    Ok so now that I read all the posts and ensured there is still room in the inn for me - my name is Kelly and I am 28, I have always had weight issues but they never bothered me. When I went to college I gained 60 pounds and have been struggling since then. I had at one point lost 50 pounds with no effort but unfortunately gained thirty os those back this past year. I am having trouble losing right now and have weighed the same with the same measurements for the past four weeks. So I am looking forward to daily motivation and a good challenge to get me where I need to go. I would like to have a total loss of 20 pounds by sept. I am at 7 now so hopefully I can hit 20 by then. I actually just weighed myself and was 232.9. I am hoping to see some changes in that number next week!
This discussion has been closed.