LEAN BY LABOR DAY - NEW CHALLENGE - *size limited* (starts w

Replies

• AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    **THE LEAN BY LABOR DAY CHALLENGE IS FULL**

Hello All,

Well, I am loving reading everyone's intros! It is so hard though to say "no" to people now that we're full - but I know if I don't the group could get too large, and some needing support could get lost in the shuffle. So, we are officially full - 28 waiting to hear back from a morning poster who was on the fence about joining.

To answer a question - YES - start counting your points today with last night's sleep counting for today's tally.

Unless I missed a starting weight on the boards, or one was recently sent to my message box, I need starting weights from:
    Pam3
    Simply_Christine
    K191073
    becca0211
    1girl4boys
    brittanywineland
    babydbones
    lannr02
    nh2576

If it was right in your post, and I forgot to jot it down, if you could please message me the number, or repost - that would be great!

We are in the midst of a heatwave where I live - and I'm melting!! No AC (we have baseboard heat, so central air would be big $$).... anyway...

Melissa - Wow, you've been through a lot! Way to persevere! 30 day shred is one of my favorite workouts!
    Top - wow, you really are a "tops king!" great inspiration! I'm sure you'll hit that goal of 10#'s down
    Rebecca - you'll be at your brother's wedding full of confidence after this challenge!
    Ashley - you are taking great steps for your health - and wow! High school weight is awesome!
    A_Fresh_Start - love that you're embracing your new life
    Kelly - I know these boards can be overwhelming by times, but just jump right in. Some days you may have time to read every post - other days, just enough time to check in & let everyone know how you're doing. I bet checking in here will help break you out of that plateau
    Dory - you'll be looking great for that reunion!
    Robin - so glad the timing of your mission to health & this challenge worked out!
    Katy - wow, you must have a busy schedule! Great way to fit in budget friendly exercise!
    Vanessa - impressive workout schedule! I need to establish a routine myself!
    indigoangel - Amazing workout today! That hill sounds intense!
    Phyllis - great job with your weight loss since January!
    Jen (jenbk2) - boy can I identify with needing to find that time for yourself!
    Renee - great progress so far. How do you like 30 day shred? It's one of my fav's!
    Pam - love your avatar! It's so pretty!
    Nancy - so sorry to hear about your mom passing. I just can't imagine!
    Jen - (jenrod1118) so happy to hear your mom was blessed with a kidney. On the other hand, so sorry to hear about your MIL's illness. That must be very stressful!

If I didn't catch anyone else's intro - I'll be on the look out for it :)

Looking forward to an amazing week!!

Hugs, Amy
  • AmyByExample
    So I just tore into a head of lettuce while in the process of making my daily salad and...the lettuce was infested with spiders! A whole family including the mamma!! Gross!
    So please, if you are a salad person like me, pay careful attention to your veggies and fruits when you are cleaning them.

:smile:

OMG! I do not know if I could have maintained any sense of calm. I would be freaked by the spiders, bummed that my meal plan was thrown off kilter... not happy! Sounds like you handled things better than I would have!
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    So I just tore into a head of lettuce while in the process of making my daily salad and...the lettuce was infested with spiders! A whole family including the mamma!! Gross!
    So please, if you are a salad person like me, pay careful attention to your veggies and fruits when you are cleaning them.

OMG! I do not know if I could have maintained any sense of calm. I would be freaked by the spiders, bummed that my meal plan was thrown off kilter... not happy! Sounds like you handled things better than I would have!

I would have went off the deep end if this had happened to me! OMG :noway:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Monday-I racked up 6 points today- 1 for sleep (7.5 hours), 1 for water(108 oz), 1 for logging and 3 for exercise. I will post my intro tomorrow so I can get my point for sleep!
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    I don't believe I introduced myself earlier.
    I'm Deanna and I'm 28 years old. I've been married for 8 years now. And we have 3 amazing kids. ds(8) ds(4) and dd(2). I didn't have a weight issue growing up as I was always small. But when I got pregnant wiht my first, I gained exactly 100 pounds. I was 102 before I got pregnant and 202 when I went to have my son. And then I never lost it all and then I got pregnant again and then same, didn't lose, and got pregnant again. Well, I'm done now!! No more babies in this house! I have to lose the weight! We moved from NY to FL in September and vowed I was going to get healthier! Well, I've lost 23 pounds since then and am still trying!! I hit a plataeu and am so ready to say Goodbye!!!
  • nh2576
    nh2576 Posts: 69 Member

ew, Ew, EW!!! I won't be having lettuce tomorrow! OMG that is so gross! You poor thing...i would have lost my appetite. Hey, maybe that's what I should do to lose weight! Picture spiders all over my food...! (EW!) :sick:
  • nh2576
    nh2576 Posts: 69 Member
    My starting weight is 178. My points for today:

sleep = 1
    track food = 1
    water = 1
    exercise = 2

Total of 5.
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    How many calories do you burn with the wii zumba??? I am looking for a non gym day alternative exercise p.s. The post board is a little overwhelming for me as this is my first time using it so any helpful hints would be great!

I use this site to calculate my zumba calories for wii

http://sites.google.com/site/zumbacaloriesburnt/
  • ashleymariec89

I would have went off the deep end if this had happened to me! OMG :noway:

I do not think that I would ever be able to look at lettuce of any kind ever again if this happened to me, I would have had a heart attack. I am going to erase this mental image from my head, or I fear I will not be able to eat a salad ever again.
  • ashleymariec89
    Points for today
    sleep-1
    water-1
    exercise-5
    diary/food-1
    TOTAL 8 :) YIPPEE!!
  • Sleep (7-9 hours) - 1
    Water - 8 glasses/day - 1
    Exercise - 8
    Food - 1

Total: 11

Goodnight everyone!
  • Kell888
    Kell888 Posts: 51
    Hey all mymonday was successful with 6 points hopefully today will be the same. I see alot of people talking about 30 day shred what exactly is this?
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Are we posting our points every day..or just once a week..like this coming monday for the past 7 days?

Kel888..the 30DS is a workout dvd..it's a good one..many people like it!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    good morning all.

POINTS TOTALS 8

sleep 1
    log 1
    water 1
    exercise 5

pam
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Sleep (7-9 hours) - 1
    Water - 8 glasses/day - 1
    Exercise - 8
    Food - 1

Total: 11

Goodnight everyone!

WOW GREAT JOB!!!!!!
  • littlemount
    littlemount Posts: 223
    Sleep 7 hr-1
    exercise -3
    water-0
    diet-0

Total pts for 7/18- 4 pts
    starting weight as of 7/18- 189.4
    Will continue tracking.:smile:
  • AmyByExample
    Good morning lean ones!

Wow - I am loving how many points people are getting in! Great work!!

As Vanessa asked - sharing daily points is optional - if you could send me your weekly total on weigh-in day I can crown the points King or Queen of the week.

I love seeing everyone's points for the day - very inspiring!!

I got in 4.5 yesterday. I really need to start getting up early in the AM - it's truly the only time I would be able to carve our for myself on a consistent basis. I'm working on hubby to change his work-hours in the fall so we can fit in some consistent late afternoon family exercise time at the YMCA (don't belong now, but they usually run a join special in the fall).

Karen, Nancy, Ashley, Indigo & Kelly - great day of points!

Kelly - I love the 30 day shred, because it is a quick but intense workout. It is a Jillian Michaels DVD, and the way she breaks it up makes it doable. There are 3 different levels - so 3 different workouts all in 1 DVD. They take about 20-30 minutes total. Great for when you can only carve out a short amount of time for your workout.

Deanna - those babies really do take a toll on the body! I am trying to work my way out of "post baby" weight (5 years later) and back to my "highest" pre-pregnancy weight.

Have a great day today! With every choice you make today, choose yourself!!

Hugs,
    Amy :)
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    This was for Monday...

Sleep -1
    Water - 1 do u get extra for more water lol. i drank a ton yesterday!
    Exercise - 3
    Food - 1
  • rpearce519
    rpearce519 Posts: 72
    Good Morning everyone:) Here are my monday points

Sleep - 1
    Water - 1/2 (can I do that:):)) drank 5 glasses
    Exercise - 2
    Food - 1
  • AmyByExample
    Deanna, Pam & rpearce - great job on your points! And yes, half points do count :)

littlemount - great work getting your exercise in yesterday!
This discussion has been closed.