Replies

• rpearce519
    rpearce519 Posts: 72
    Friday points:

Food - 1
    Exercise- 3
    Sleep - 1
    Water - 1

I'm going to do squats this weekend, need to stengthen the muscles in my upper legs and around this bum knee so I can throw walking/running back into my routine...my butt is starting to hurt from all this biking!!! :)
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Thanks Amy! I will weigh myself again on Monday, since that's our official weigh in day and with any luck and a bit of hard work, that one pound will be gone! :happy:

I do track my food on MFP, but I think it was my lack of working out that did it, but like I said, I'm a bit bummed, but not too bummed to give up or give in! Today, I'm hosting a baby shower for my niece and no doubt she;ll be serving tones of food that's full of calories, i.e. meatballs, chicken wingettes, sandwiches, cake, etc. which means I have to be on guard when it's time to eat!

By the way, I chose to do 50 crunches for my weekend challenge! I did 50 yesterday and will be another 50 in today!

Friday's Points:

Sleep: 1
    Foot: 1
    Exercise: 1.5
    Water: 1
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Friday's Points

Sleep-1
    Exercise -0
    Water-1
    Food-0

Total - 2

Weekly Total: 24

So I went out on a date last night and didn't finish my food log (sushi was probably a good choice, but the sodium killed me - my hands are so puffy today!) Today will be better already got 2 hours of exercise in and am logging everything! You just have to start fresh each day.
    Hope everyone is having a great day and drinking lots of water!

P.S. Amy, as far as challenge suggestions go, maybe you could throw in a double point day? The Row the World Challenge I am doing has that onceor twice a week on random days (that works better since people seem to take the same day as a rest day each week). Maybe just double points for the exercise so that will motivate people to push a little more that day.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Hello Ladies,

Been a challenging week with adjusting to new sleep patterns and logging my food. I was not consistent as I plan to be but I've decided to challenge myself by entering my first half marathon. The marathon will take place October 15 and my goal is to not only finish but to also run the entire race.

Currently I am training with P90x and I work with a personal trainer twice a week.

I've completed the 50 challenge by doing jumping jacks and squats.

I must admit I need to make better food choices and I would appeciate any advice you have ladies!!

Have a good weekend everyone!!

• littlemount
    littlemount Posts: 223
    Sat 7/23-exercise-3pts
    diet-1pt
    sleep-1
    water-1
    total-6 pts
    pts till today -22.5+6=28.5

Trying to slowly improve.I definetely am getting into the hang of this point system.I feel aiming for 42 points per week would be a good goal to start with .
  • Saturday points:

Water - 1
    Food - 1
    Exercise - 3
    Sleep - 1

Total - 6
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    I'm so glad I didn't follow my doctor's advice on the limiting exercise rule. I went for a run this morning, a walk this afternoon (to get away from the kitchen that I also spent all day cleaning - as in pulling everything out of the cupboards, evaluating whether or not it was a necessary item, and purging it if it was deemed unnecessary), and then did the 30 Day Shred this evening, plus a couple of loads of laundry in between, as well as grocery shopping and other stuff.

Tomorrow *should* be nice enough for a swim. I am going to need something with less impact with the way my legs feel now! Can we say, "On fire!" ;)

Saturday Points:
    Exercise: 4
    Log: 1

Saturday total: 7 points

Grand total: 30 points
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    SATURDAY POINTS

exercise 6
    sleep 1
    water 1
    log 1

total 10
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Monday 6 points
    Tuesday 5 points
    Wednesday -6 points
    Thursday- 6.5 points
    Friday- 6 points
    I try to do lunges, Squats, situps and jumping jacks daily. I will add leg lifts as my challenge for the weekend
    Saturday- exercise-3, water-1, log-1, sleep-1 total-6
    I completed 60 leg lifts
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Friday points.
    sleep 1
    water 1
    exercise-6
    diary 1

total-9

Saturday points
    sleep 1
    water 1
    exercise-0
    diary 1
    total-3

weekly total 49
  • smilewithkatherine
    smilewithkatherine Posts: 82 Member
    Starting Weight: 221.6

7/18 Points
    Water:1
    Exercise: 0
    Food: 1
    Daily Total: 3
    Grand Total: 3

7/19 Points
    Daily Total: 3
    Grand Total: 6

7/20 Points
    Exercise: 1.5 (30 minutes)
    Daily Total: 4.5
    Grand Total: 10.5

7.21 Points
    Exercise: 1.75 (35 minutes)
    Daily Total: 4.75
    Grand Total: 15.25

7/22 Points
    Exercise: 1

Daily Total: 4
    Grand Total: 19.25

7/23 Points
    Water: 0
    Food: 0
    Daily Total: 0
    Grand Total: 20.25
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Friday Points

Sleep-1
    Water-1
    Food-1
    Excerise-1
    Total-4 pts

Weekly total--35 points

sorry for the late post busy day today. will write more in the am
  • Kell888
    Kell888 Posts: 51
    Is are week moon to sun or sun to sat and Amy did you make the new thread yet?
  • rpearce519
    rpearce519 Posts: 72
    Saturday Points:

Food - 1
    Exercise - 1
    sleep - 1
    water - 1

total - 4
  • Pam3
  • Pam3
    P.S. Amy, as far as challenge suggestions go, maybe you could throw in a double point day? The Row the World Challenge I am doing has that onceor twice a week on random days (that works better since people seem to take the same day as a rest day each week). Maybe just double points for the exercise so that will motivate people to push a little more that day.

sounds like a good idea...
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Hi Everyone! Great points, great suggestions for upcoming challenges - loving it! The weather is not as intense today (thankfully) - just a bit muggy.

Today is the last day to get in points for Week 1. Please post or message me your Monday morning weight (7/25) and your points tally from Monday July 18-Sunday July 24.

Sadly I missed my sleep points for the last 2 nights. Last night we did an outdoor movie/camp out with our swim club and by the time the kids settled down & finished their last bathroom trip, it was almost 1am, then we were up at 7. The night before I went over on sleep - getting in 10 hours instead of the 7-9 target. So, I missed on each end!! (Melissa - you have a medical need for more sleep - so don't deduct yourself for going beyond 9 hours). Tonight I will make it work! :)

Since it's Sunday - our first challenge of the week will be a "plan ahead" challenge. Take a look at your calendar, and plan your workouts for the week. Mark them in your calendar as you would a doctors appointment. Post it where family can see so they know you will be unavailable at that time for any errands, etc.

Last Chance workout today everyone! Don't forget your extra "50" of an exercise for today :)

**I will post our "new" thread tonight - I will titile it "LEAN BY LABOR DAY CHALLENGE *CLOSED GROUP*"
  • AmyByExample
    Hello Ladies,

Been a challenging week with adjusting to new sleep patterns and logging my food. I was not consistent as I plan to be but I've decided to challenge myself by entering my first half marathon. The marathon will take place October 15 and my goal is to not only finish but to also run the entire race.

Currently I am training with P90x and I work with a personal trainer twice a week.

I've completed the 50 challenge by doing jumping jacks and squats.

I must admit I need to make better food choices and I would appeciate any advice you have ladies!!

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Better Food choices:

Here are my suggestions:

1. Plan your day ahead as best you can
    2. If you need to pick up something on the go - have an idea of "safe" items at the fast food places/local restaurants
    3. Keep your fridge stocked with healthy stuff
    4. Avoid liquid calories (ie: soft drinks/iced-T, etc)

My Fridge/Pantry survival foods:
    hard boiled eggs, cheese sticks, greek yogurt, fresh fruit (cherries, watermelon, nectarines, apples, lettuce, baby spinach, fresh basil (makes salads taste so much better), "spritzy butter")
    crunchy peanut butter (on apples or coco pop cakes), reduced fat wheat thins, pure protein bars, smart pop popcorn...

If you have to get takeout, the berry almond chicken salad from Wendy's is delish...

Hope that helps... Anyone else have suggestions?
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Sadly I missed my sleep points for the last 2 nights. Last night we did an outdoor movie/camp out with our swim club and by the time the kids settled down & finished their last bathroom trip, it was almost 1am, then we were up at 7. The night before I went over on sleep - getting in 10 hours instead of the 7-9 target. So, I missed on each end!! (Melissa - you have a medical need for more sleep - so don't deduct yourself for going beyond 9 hours).

Well that's good to know since I would have to deduct all of my sleep points! LOL! I usually have to sleep at least 10 to function. =O
  • AmyByExample
    ***OUR NEW THREAD IS UP - "Lean By Labor Day Challenge (*CLOSED GROUP*)

Please post there from here forward.

You can "search" for it - or it might work to copy & paste this into your browser:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/298322-lean-by-labor-day-challenge-closed-group?page=1#posts-3945273
This discussion has been closed.