LEAN BY LABOR DAY - NEW CHALLENGE - *size limited* (starts w

Replies

• PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Hey Team!

I weighed myself this morning and I'm up 1lb! WTF??? :frown:

I'm a little bummed, :cry: but not to the point that I'm giving up! It's only one pound, right? Actually that one pound gave me the motivation to get out this morning and do more than a 15 to 20 minutes brisk walk with my dog! I actually about 45 minutes of walking and jogging for 60 seconds each, and dragged my German Pinscher along with me! :laugh: I also added 40 squats and 40 leg lifts (not sure if it was a leg lift, but I stepped up on a bench with one leg, while extending the other out and alternated with each step).

I've already challenged myself by doing 100 squats a day, and I've stuck with it, so for the weekend challenge, I'll jump rope 50 times or maybe 50 crunches! I'll figure it out! :heart:

Thursday Points

Sleep: 1
    Water: 1
    Exercise: 3
    Food: 1
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Thursday Points

Sleep-0
    Exercise -6
    Water-1
    Food-1

Total - 8

Weekly Total: 22

It's hard to go to bed by 11 when you don't even get to sit down in the evening until after 10..... Plus I like staying up late, lol
  • Thanks for the suggestion(s)! I really did bring a big glass (Not as big as the one you mentioned... but I'm up for trying it) to work with me and did much better in water consumption. And yes, my co-workers noticed my increased treks to the ladies room! So be it.

My kids like the Mio water flavorings but I've yet to try it. I think it really may help me drink more H2O. I tend to drink too much coffee because I always seem to be fighting fatigue.

I'm bummed that I didn't get in my exercise last evening - unless sedentary sweating counts as exercise.
    My power and A/C was out from 6:30 til 10:00 pm. Not a good situation for mid July in SC!
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Good morning! So, I called my doctor's office about my latest fatigue episode - you know, the one where I've been going to bed at like 8:30 pm and sleeping till 9 am. So I told them that it's so bad that I am getting out of breath just from walking to the back of my house from the front, and he advised that I slow down my exercise program.......

Uhm... no.

He told me that losing 20 pounds might help regulate my body again, and then tells me that I can't exercise to accomplish that weight loss? I'm so irritated with him right now. He tests my thyroid like every three months and sends me to a pain center, when I'm not even in pain!

Anyway, I'm just frustrated, but I know it will pass regardless of what I do. I know that the exercise is aggravating things a bit, but I also know that eventually my body will get used to it, even if it fights me every step of the way.

OK. I just had to vent. :) Thanks for reading!
  • rpearce519
    rpearce519 Posts: 72
    Thursday points:

Water - 0
    food - 1
    sleep - 1
    exercise - 1

Weigh in today - lost one pound:)
  • Kell888
    Kell888 Posts: 51
    Hey all , my weekend challenge will be squats. I'm doing really well with sleep so hope to rack up some points for that.
  • 2girls4boys
    2girls4boys Posts: 72 Member
    Thursdays Points:
    Water - 0
    Food - 1
    Exercise - 0
    Sleep - 0
    Total - 1
    Weekly Total - 14

Yesterday was not a good day for me either. Really trying to stay on track today. So far so good.
  • littlemount
    littlemount Posts: 223
    7/22 FRIDAY -exercise- 2pts
    water-1pt
    diet-0
    sleep--1 pt
    total-4 pts.
    Will try to get jumping jacks tomorrow.
    Amy you had asked for suggestions for challenges why not any food related challenge like only 2 snacks per day, or no fruit after 2pm like the 17 day diet. Trully weightloss is 80%diet and 20%exercise and I am failing on the diet bit.
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    hi everyone!!

My Thursday Points are:

Food-1
    Water-1
    Excercise-6
    Sleep-1
    Total= 9
    Weekly Total= 31pts

I did really good yesterday and didn't do any late night snacking either!!
  • Imtherunner
    Imtherunner Posts: 25 Member
    I hope I made it in!!!!!
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    My challenge for this weekend is to get thru the mud run i'm doing! I'm doing a 6 mile Mud run obstacle course! I'm nervous I'm gonna break something! But I'm excited too!! I'll post pictures afterwards...we are all wearing pink tutus and fairy wings! (costumes!) Wish me luck it's tomorrow morning!!
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    My challenge for this weekend is to get thru the mud run i'm doing! I'm doing a 6 mile Mud run obstacle course! I'm nervous I'm gonna break something! But I'm excited too!! I'll post pictures afterwards...we are all wearing pink tutus and fairy wings! (costumes!) Wish me luck it's tomorrow morning!!

that sounds like fun!!!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    FRIDAY POINTS(072211)

exercise 2
    sleep 1
    water 1
    log 1

total 5

have a great wknd.....
  • meli_medina
    Friday Points:

Water: 1
    Exercise: 1
    Log: 1
    Sleep: 1

Total: 4 points
    Grand total: 23 points

My challenge was jumping jacks, since there's plenty of those in the 30 Day Shred. So I accomplished it for today! :) It'll challenge me to get through those last 3 days of level 1!
  • meli_medina
    Amy you had asked for suggestions for challenges why not any food related challenge like only 2 snacks per day, or no fruit after 2pm like the 17 day diet. Trully weightloss is 80%diet and 20%exercise and I am failing on the diet bit.

See, that wouldn't work for me most days. I tend to eat several smaller meals through the day and I thrive on snacks! It's what keeps me from binging. And no fruit after 2 pm? I would probably wither away and die! lol. That's why I'm not on the 17-day diet. ;)

But, if you want suggestions for challenges everyone can follow, why not do a pre-plan challenge (where you pre-plan a day or two) or a no-processed-foods challenge where everything you eat for an entire day has to be not processed. Those are the kind of challenges I will line up to take part in! :)
  • Friday points:

Water - 1
    Food - 1
    Exercise - 4
    Sleep - 1

Total - 7

FRIDAY CHALLENGE - PICK AN EXERCISE (IE: SQUATS, JUMPING JACKS, LUNGES) AND FIT 50 OF THEM IN AT ANY POINT ON FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY - POST YOUR SUCCESS! - I have started doing a series of 5 different exercises (don't know what any of them are called except for the crunches). I do 10-20 of each a day, so I am going to challenge myself to do 25 of each a day instead!

Amy, yes my foot is slowly healing. It would probably heal faster if I didn't push myself so much! I was able to do a better power walk today in my runners (before today it was too swollen for runners and I had to wear sandals) so that's a big improvement. As far as alternatives...I would love to start bike riding! I can't afford a bike right now but hoping sometimes in the near future...I also started getting back into yoga today. I made it through a full 45 minute dvd and there were only 3 exercises I couldn't do so I'm very proud of myself. It has been years and years since I have been able to do that much yoga!

Happy TGIF and have a great and healthy weekend everyone!!!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    **PLEASE NOTE - THIS CHALLENGE IS FULL AND UNABLE TO ACCEPT ADDITIONAL MEMBERS - WE WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY & HOPE TO "CHALLENGE" WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE :)

Hi All! wow, what a busy day! I tried to order something quickly from Amazon last night, but the promotion code wasn't working - long time in chat with customer service.. then the 84 degree bedroom didn't lend itself to the most restful night sleep - so I chose sleeping in to get my 7 hours in versus up early to workout (since the house was too hot anyway)

I didn't get a workout in (unless you count the 45 minute power grocery shop on the way home from work - throwing the groceries into the fridge, then hopping into hubbys car to zoom off to 9 year old's soccer game..) Alas, the Mom olympics just don't ever count :)

When I turned my computer on tonight there was an article on msn called "5 Tips to Sleeping Better & Losing Weight" that touched some on the sleep/weight loss correlation.

So, today I got in a measly 3 points, but plan to head to my parents' air conditioned home in the AM to use their treadmill or elliptical - maybe I'll throw Jillian on their big screen/surround sound - that should get me going!!

Phyllis - your weight will fluctuate - maybe today was on the up end. Are you tracking your food on here? I know when I am good about it, it really keeps me in line (and some foods surprise me, like the enormous amount of calories in the McDonalds Sweet Tea! I could have eaten an entire meal for the calories that drink caused me!)

Rebecca - so so agree with you about what a challenge it is to go to bed at 11 when you finally sit down at 10pm ... so much like my own life!

A_Fresh_Start - hoping you got your power back! I can't even handle this 84 degees inside - 95 outside deal... where you live must be brutal!

Melissa - sorry the fatigue is rearing it's ugly head this week - hopefully you can beat it back with exercise

robin - yay on the weight loss! WTG!

Kelly - good luck with the squats! I think I'll be doing those as well!

littlemount - thanks for the suggestions - I've copied them down :)

Deanna - great work avoiding late night snacking! And good luck with that run tomorrow! Sounds fun!

Indigo - glad foot is coming along - great work on the yoga!!

Well, off for that 2nd cold shower again. Make great choices this weekend! Weigh in on Monday!!! :)

Hugs, Amy :)
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Monday 6 points
    Tuesday 5 points
    Wednesday -6 points
    Thursday- 6.5 points
    Friday- exercise-3, h2o-1, logging-1, sleep-1
    I try to do lunges, Squats, situps and jumping jacks daily. I will add leg lifts as my challenge for the weekend
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Today I got in 4 points. As for the weekend challenge not sure I'll get that in. I'm in the middle of 30DS so I'm doing lots of squats and jumping jack in that. Getting ready today and tomorrow to head out on vacation Sunday. I will be taking along my weights, 30DS video and my mat (and my laptop just got to visit MFP:happy: ). Looking forward to some time away.
  • meli_medina
    We got some storms in last night and our heat wave is finally busted! Heading out for my first run in a week! Yeah! (Even though I feel like I can barely lift my legs right now. But I did the 30DS yesterday and felt the same way when I started, so =P to fatigue.)

Another CFS sufferer found me yesterday via the boards (I had posted one of my favorite recipes for a sweets craving) and that gave me SO MUCH encouragement to know that I'm not the only CFS sufferer in the world who struggles through when doctors tell you not to and is trying to stay healthy despite our desire to do nothing but lie around all day. lol.
This discussion has been closed.