Stay at home mommies unite! 60 day challenge

Options

Replies

• circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'm trying a recipe I saw on here yesterday, chocolate muffins, made with a box of choclate cake mix (I'm using Pillsbury sugar free) and a can of solid pack pumpkin. If it makes as many as the diet soda cupcake recipe did, this is the break down per muffin,
    66 cals; 1 carb; 1 protein; 1 fiber
    I'll post how they turned out tomorrow.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm trying a recipe I saw on here yesterday, chocolate muffins, made with a box of choclate cake mix (I'm using Pillsbury sugar free) and a can of solid pack pumpkin. If it makes as many as the diet soda cupcake recipe did, this is the break down per muffin,

Sounds Yummy! I would love the recipe! By the way I am planning a recipe challenge next week so if it is really good you may want to enter it for that.
  • imskinnyinside
    Options
    Is there still an open team for a new member to MFP I would love the support?
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options

Sounds Yummy! I would love the recipe! By the way I am planning a recipe challenge next week so if it is really good you may want to enter it for that.

I have made these MANY times. Delicious!! You can add an egg or some egg whites if you want, but it's not necessary. Also, if you're using a can of pumpkin, make sure it's the smaller can, or only half the 28oz can. And PURE pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling. They don't necessarily look too appealing ( Um.. kinda like.. um... chocolate "pies" we'll call them..) as they don't rise too much. Also, they will stick to the papers, but if you refridgerate them, they last longer, are a little less "gummy" and barely stick at all.
    Lastly, if you feel more daring, or chocolate isn't your thing.. ( who is THAT??) you can also do a spice cake mix with pumpkin. Mmmm!!!

Lol.. can you tell I've made them a few times?? :tongue:
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi Teams,
    it looks like most of you are staying motivated, thats Great! I also want to welcome the new members that we have added to replace some of those who were MIA on Wednesday.
    Good luck over the weekend everyone!
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    LOOKING FOR LPRUNTY??? WHERE ARE YOU?
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    ORANGE IS ON IT, EVERYONE IS REPORTING THEIR EXERCISE AGAIN TODAY. KITCHENS ARE CLOSING AND WE ARE EXCITED!!!
    HOPE ALL THE OTHER TEAMS ARE HAVING GREAT SUCCESS!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I know everyone weighed in yesterday, I just didnt get over here fast enough and wanted to share the success that I'm so proud of today! And also proud to be on Team Black, y'all are awesome!

SW-158
    CW-154.5
    GW-180

I really didnt think I would lost 3.5 lbs so fast! Glad we all have such a wonderful support system here!

black.jpg
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options
    I posted this on my team thread, but we are all in this together so I wanted to share with everyone! I think we are all off to a great start, and I appreciate having so many people to support me! I hope you all had a fabulous day!

Emotional challenge:
    I have no clear reason why I have maintained my weight. Untill my first son was born in 1997 I was thin (well my friends said so anyway, I didn't see it). I lost about 1/2 of the preggo weight, but had two more kids after him and just kept gaining without losing much after birth. So here I am. I try to work out, but I don't have much support. My mother always says that she doubts I'll keep it up...thanks mom. And I have always been self conscious about my body because I started puberty at an early age...How many third graders do you know that need to wear an A cup? There was some teasing going on because of the size of my chest (not in elementary school, but Jr. High and High School). So I took to hiding my body so it wouldn't be the focus of attention. I think putting on weight and keeping it on became a substitute for wearing baggy clothes. There was nothing stand out about me anymore, and I liked that. I still have fears that when I do lose this weight and reach my goal weight that I will look top heavy. But really at this point, I have to put my health above my looks. My cholesterol is going up, my knees hurt all the time and I have no energy. It's not a good thing to have 3 kids and no energy. I have to grow comfortable with my healthy weight body, and I think I will.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I posted this on my team thread, but we are all in this together so I wanted to share with everyone! I think we are all off to a great start, and I appreciate having so many people to support me! I hope you all had a fabulous day!

Emotional challenge:
    I have no clear reason why I have maintained my weight. Untill my first son was born in 1997 I was thin (well my friends said so anyway, I didn't see it). I lost about 1/2 of the preggo weight, but had two more kids after him and just kept gaining without losing much after birth. So here I am. I try to work out, but I don't have much support. My mother always says that she doubts I'll keep it up...thanks mom. And I have always been self conscious about my body because I started puberty at an early age...How many third graders do you know that need to wear an A cup? There was some teasing going on because of the size of my chest (not in elementary school, but Jr. High and High School). So I took to hiding my body so it wouldn't be the focus of attention. I think putting on weight and keeping it on became a substitute for wearing baggy clothes. There was nothing stand out about me anymore, and I liked that. I still have fears that when I do lose this weight and reach my goal weight that I will look top heavy. But really at this point, I have to put my health above my looks. My cholesterol is going up, my knees hurt all the time and I have no energy. It's not a good thing to have 3 kids and no energy. I have to grow comfortable with my healthy weight body, and I think I will.

I can relate to you on the chest size. In jr.high I wore a 32D, I was alot thinner then but there were always comment made about my chest. Now I am in a 40G (that was the last bra I bought) I didn't even know they made that size! I am so ready to wear a smaller size bra and just feel like they are not the main thing you see when you look at me. I was actually thinking as a reward if I get to my goal weight I will get a reduction, my husband of course said no way at first but then he quickly said if this is what you need you should. I want to get it after I am done having kids so I have to make sure when I get to my goal weight I mantain through my pregnancies so that I am able to get the reduction.
    Thank you for sharing your story.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I know everyone weighed in yesterday, I just didnt get over here fast enough and wanted to share the success that I'm so proud of today! And also proud to be on Team Black, y'all are awesome!

SW-158
    CW-154.5
    GW-180

I really didnt think I would lost 3.5 lbs so fast! Glad we all have such a wonderful support system here!

black.jpg

Great job! I think the you just found the determination and motivation you needed. Way to go!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I can relate to you on the chest size. In jr.high I wore a 32D, I was alot thinner then but there were always comment made about my chest. Now I am in a 40G (that was the last bra I bought) I didn't even know they made that size! I am so ready to wear a smaller size bra and just feel like they are not the main thing you see when you look at me. I was actually thinking as a reward if I get to my goal weight I will get a reduction, my husband of course said no way at first but then he quickly said if this is what you need you should. I want to get it after I am done having kids so I have to make sure when I get to my goal weight I mantain through my pregnancies so that I am able to get the reduction.

I had a breast reduction in 2009...always had big boobs....was a 34C at 14! I went from a 38DDD (was a 40F when I was pregnant!!) to now I am a 38C which I am hoping to be a 36 after weightloss. Hubby was'nt too happy at first either but I was going to the chiropractor 3x/ wk!! It was the best thing I ever did!!!
  • lprunty
    Options

So nice to know I wasn't alone! :-)

I had a breast reduction in 2009...always had big boobs....was a 34C at 14! I went from a 38DDD (was a 40F when I was pregnant!!) to now I am a 38C which I am hoping to be a 36 after weightloss. Hubby was'nt too happy at first either but I was going to the chiropractor 3x/ wk!! It was the best thing I ever did!!!
  • lprunty
    Options

So nice to know I wasn't alone! :-)
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    How are all the teams?? Do you have supportive team members? I hope so. Remember we are a big group so feel free to post here to everyone anytime.

Karie
    Your Group Leader
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Insanity - Day 5 - COMPLETE...... That *kitten* is banana's!!!

Anyone else doing insanity... im at 3 pts so far... need to get squats in today so i can make it 4 pts! :)

How are ya'll doing today?
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options

Now I am in a 40G (that was the last bra I bought) I didn't even know they made that size!

I laughed when I read that, I am a 46F right now. I would just be happy to get back to the 36D I wore (5 or so years ago).
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing today? It's getting kinda quiet around here!!!! =)
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    So...is it still healthy if you eat 600 calories of salad!?!?! It was mostly lettuce but dang that dressing! I guess since It had lots of other good stuff in it, and I burned off most of what I've eaten all day long its not so bad. Any thoughts??
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    How's everyone doing today? It's getting kinda quiet around here!!!! =)

Ya I guess everyone is getting ready for the weekend it has been quiet to quiet. Come on teams tells us about your day!