Stay at home mommies unite! 60 day challenge

Replies

• NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    So...is it still healthy if you eat 600 calories of salad!?!?! It was mostly lettuce but dang that dressing! I guess since It had lots of other good stuff in it, and I burned off most of what I've eaten all day long its not so bad. Any thoughts??

Ya not bad at all, think of what you would of been eating before you started here and no exercise to boot....be proud! Maybe use a light dressing next time.
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 177 Member
    So...is it still healthy if you eat 600 calories of salad!?!?! It was mostly lettuce but dang that dressing! I guess since It had lots of other good stuff in it, and I burned off most of what I've eaten all day long its not so bad. Any thoughts??

What kind of dressing do you like? If you're like me...it is the RANCH DRESSING! I have tried SO hard to like lighter types, but I just like ranch. My friend told me about Walden Farms brand dressing...she said the chipotle ranch and bacon ranch are really good...and get this.... ZERO CALORIE, ZERO FAT, ZERO CARBS, ZERO GLUTEN, ZERO SUGAR

I have no clue how they do it...and have NOT tried it yet personally, but I know Kroger and Publix carry them in the health/wellness sections! Worth a shot for sure
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    DAMN!!! And of course the nearest store that carries that is like 45 mins away. :(
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member

What kind of dressing do you like? If you're like me...it is the RANCH DRESSING! I have tried SO hard to like lighter types, but I just like ranch. My friend told me about Walden Farms brand dressing...she said the chipotle ranch and bacon ranch are really good...and get this.... ZERO CALORIE, ZERO FAT, ZERO CARBS, ZERO GLUTEN, ZERO SUGAR

I have no clue how they do it...and have NOT tried it yet personally, but I know Kroger and Publix carry them in the health/wellness sections! Worth a shot for sure

This was a caesar dressing, but yea for the most part im a ranch girl. I'll have to try that kind of dressing and see if its any good. Thanks for the tip! I'll let you know how it turns out.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member

Ya not bad at all, think of what you would of been eating before you started here and no exercise to boot....be proud! Maybe use a light dressing next time.

Yes I do feel like eating a big salad is alot better then eating the pizza or burger that I sure would like to be eating right about now.
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 321 Member
    Had a great day today. I was below my calorie intake but a little high on the fat. I was feeling a little unmotivated this morning, not really wanting to workout or do much, but I also wanted some pure Mommy time, so I went to the gym and felt GREAT after my workout. I just need to keep reminding myself that I feel best after a good workout!

Keep up the great work ladies!!!
  • NewLife_11
    Had a great day today. I was below my calorie intake but a little high on the fat. I was feeling a little unmotivated this morning, not really wanting to workout or do much, but I also wanted some pure Mommy time, so I went to the gym and felt GREAT after my workout. I just need to keep reminding myself that I feel best after a good workout!

Keep up the great work ladies!!!

Great Job!, I felt really unmotivated today as well but I just got the stroller out and went for it, unfortunatly "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes " Keep replaying in my head the whole walk...I really need an IPod!
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    I woke up extremely discouraged that my scale moved up, so I had not such a great day in the food department. But I worked out for 2 hours and burned 993 cals so I definitely worked off the bad stuff.... but now's the weekend and that's when my diet tends to go to hell in a handbasket. So thank goodness for you ladies to keep me accountable!
  • ninasparx
    ninasparx Posts: 18
    hey there, i'm new here tonight and i saw you were trying to do a challenge... i know i prolly missed it but could i get in on the next one??? i'm a stay at home mom of 4 and i could use the support and motivation!!!!!! please get back to me!
  • NewLife_11
    I woke up extremely discouraged that my scale moved up, so I had not such a great day in the food department. But I worked out for 2 hours and burned 993 cals so I definitely worked off the bad stuff.... but now's the weekend and that's when my diet tends to go to hell in a handbasket. So thank goodness for you ladies to keep me accountable!

I am worried about this weekend too. Let's keep focused and if we feel week just write it down in here or take a walk or anything but cave. Good Luck! Don't feel discouraged we can do this!
  • NewLife_11
    hey there, i'm new here tonight and i saw you were trying to do a challenge... i know i prolly missed it but could i get in on the next one??? i'm a stay at home mom of 4 and i could use the support and motivation!!!!!! please get back to me!

Our teams are full but it is only the first week and we will let you know if there are any drop-outs.
  • TiffMax
    TiffMax Posts: 70
    Id be in too if you were to add another color or have two dropouts- thanks!
  • NewLife_11
    Id be in too if you were to add another color or have two dropouts- thanks!

We will let you know if there is an opening, thanks for your interest.
  • Purplefly
    Purplefly Posts: 71
    Morning ladies :) Took the kids to the beach yesturday and got tossed by a wave lol, my hat and shorts tried to leave me, woops. Hope everyone has a great day.
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Got my workout and squats in today... hows everyone else doing!?
  • NewLife_11
    I stayed up way to late last night, I haven't done my workout yet but I plan on doing it this afternoon, it is so much cooler outside then. I do have to clean my house today so I will burn extra calories for that.
    Hope everyone has a great day!

Great way to start the day Katelyn!
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 177 Member
    Hope everyone has an awesome Saturday! I just finished 45 mins of P90X yoga...that stuff ain't no joke!!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Cooking today for my moms 60th dinner party. Been cooking since 7am and will still be cooking for another 3 hours. I am totally counting this as cardio! And I dont even work out on the weekends! LOL I'm a monday thru friday girl! Been tired and nursing a sick baby so I think I'm doing dang good despite the circumstances! :) Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! Go team Yellow!!
  • NewLife_11
    Cooking today for my moms 60th dinner party. Been cooking since 7am and will still be cooking for another 3 hours. I am totally counting this as cardio! And I dont even work out on the weekends! LOL I'm a monday thru friday girl! Been tired and nursing a sick baby so I think I'm doing dang good despite the circumstances! :) Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! Go team Yellow!!
    Great job! Nursing a sick baby is rough I have been there, and you are doing all these other things tto, way to stasy motivated!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Nice going everyone!

Completed my 45 mins cardio at the gym early in the morning... :-)

Had been cooking and burnt my left hand palm... silly me... :-(( but its paining... anyways planning to watch some good comedy movie...

catch ya later
    Renu
This discussion has been closed.