Dukan it out !!! - The Dukan Diet

Options

Replies

• januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am going to give Dukan one more try.
    I have ordered Chris Powell's book (extreme makeover; weightloss edition trainer) I saw a preview of his plan on Dr OZ awhile ago and it looks like he incorporates low carb days. The book comes out just after Xmas but I want to lose some poundage before then.
    :happy:
  • abutterflyemerges
    abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Day 5 of attack phase, down 6 lbs! I am doing the happy dance as I have been on a stupid plateau since July of this year. I recently had BR surgery and they took off alot of boobs and guess what when I came out and after the swelling had gone down the doctor said I should be a few pounds lighter. NOT! I was at my same weight before I had the surgery!! And I remained the same weight! I eat nothing but veggies and lean meats all day long. I exercise times a day/45 mins each and nothing. Not even weight gain! I had my thyroid checked and its fine. So then I was told to up my calories (I was at 1200, then 1000) then went to 1400 and still nothing!! So I got desperate and I have always wanted to try this diet and whola! It worked! I am going to do 15 days of this. At this rate if I am doing 6lbs per week and at 15 days I might just get a little over 15 lbs off! good enough for me as I have 30-40 lbs to shed. Good luck everyone!
  • johnlewismodel
    Options
    I've tried it.
    I do something kinda similar but a bit more healthy, with lower calories and a specific amount of protein to reach my goals.
    If anyone wants to know message me as its too complicated to explain on here.

Theres loads of ways to skin a cat.

I recommend reading it, and if anyone wants to buy my copy of the book i'll gladly sell it to them.
    its ok but not amazing.
    I lose more more on m y diet.

Good luck to you all and this site is excellent.
  • stilldew
    Options
    I' m down 36 pounds in 16 weeks of Dukan diet. I probably do a few more days of protein and vegetable than days of pure protein, but overall it works well for me. I'm rarely ever hungery and have lots of energy. Have about 12 pounds to go to hit what Dr Dukan says is my true weight, but would like to lose about 10 pounds more than that. There is a facebook page (dukan facebook US) that is very encouraging to follow. I plan to try to stay off the grains even once I go to Consolidation or at least stick with gluten free grains. I think the Consolidation and Stabilization phases are the most important part of the diet. Almost anyone can lose weight, but keeping it off long term is very hard. I would never have started this plan if it wasn't for the step by step instructions in those two phases.
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    WEBMD REVIEW:

There is no question this very restrictive diet will lead to weight loss, if you can actually follow it. But the elimination of healthy food groups, and the unpleasant side effects, makes The Dukan Diet an unlikely choice for the long haul.

Protein is an essential part of a healthy diet, but it cannot stand alone. A truly healthy diet includes all the food groups -- vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and low-fat dairy and healthy fats along with lean protein. Your body needs the nutrients these foods provide.

Skip this fad diet. Instead, choose a calorie-controlled eating plan that you can stick with for the long term.
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Well done. Bought the book. Too harsh for me. Go for it if its working for you.
    And if anyone wants my Dukan book let me know.
  • mrshickey
    Options
    WEBMD REVIEW:

There is no question this very restrictive diet will lead to weight loss, if you can actually follow it. But the elimination of healthy food groups, and the unpleasant side effects, makes The Dukan Diet an unlikely choice for the long haul.

Protein is an essential part of a healthy diet, but it cannot stand alone. A truly healthy diet includes all the food groups -- vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and low-fat dairy and healthy fats along with lean protein. Your body needs the nutrients these foods provide.

Skip this fad diet. Instead, choose a calorie-controlled eating plan that you can stick with for the long term.

i read this review, it seems to be written by someone who has never followed or even read the diet book. every other day i eat plenty of veg, i eat low fat dairy every day and i also eat healthy fats in the form of oily fish and extra virgin olive oil, all allowed on the dukan diet. i also eat goji berries so i get my fruit intake with those, as well as the tomatoes i eat. this in addition to the lean protein doesnt end up excluding much but starchy carbs, which, are reintroduced. calorie controlled eating plans work really well for some people, but dukan works equally as well for others. random web reviews dont tell the whole story.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RainbowDream83
    Options
    I really want to try this diet. I have PCOS and think it would really help me!

BUT I have a BAD addiction to pop. I've been drinking diet just fine, but I'm worried about just lean meats and water on the attack phase.

Would the Crystal Light green tea raspberry on the go hurt to put in my water bottles during the attack phase?
  • mrshickey
    Options

BUT I have a BAD addiction to pop. I've been drinking diet just fine, but I'm worried about just lean meats and water on the attack phase.

Would the Crystal Light green tea raspberry on the go hurt to put in my water bottles during the attack phase?

on attack phase you can have fat free dairy as well, skimmed milk, you have to have oat bran every day, and you can have a couple cans of diet pop. i did an it didnt harm me. i know some people are very strict on the diet but id suggest trying things out to see what works for you. for example, i shouldnt drink atall during cruise phase, but i do have a vodka diet coke or three when i want to and im still losing!!

o yes- MAKE sure you drink your water- it really helps
  • RainbowDream83
    Options

on attack phase you can have fat free dairy as well, skimmed milk, you have to have oat bran every day, and you can have a couple cans of diet pop. i did an it didnt harm me. i know some people are very strict on the diet but id suggest trying things out to see what works for you. for example, i shouldnt drink atall during cruise phase, but i do have a vodka diet coke or three when i want to and im still losing!!

o yes- MAKE sure you drink your water- it really helps

Thanks so much!! I just ate 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast, but still had some pop lol I am going to make sure I drink some water though....I'll have to get me some of that oat bran cereal when I get the chance!
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Loves2snack
    Loves2snack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Starting Dukan this sunday and was looking for some support. I bought the book this weekend, Im praying I can stick to it. I always find it easier to start a diet on the weekend :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Fiber and lots of water help me with my dukin'.
  • aahd
    aahd Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm starting Dukan today after a lot of binging! however I made it to a good weight loss of 11 pounds in 3 months i dont know if its little but i binged a lot :(
    my goal is to lose another 7 kg and hopefully i will make it

I love Dukan
  • MetalEllie
    Options
    bump
  • 2011patricec
    Options
    Hi I am only on day 3 but I was wondering if anyone knew if Atkins bars were ok on the dukan diet
  • DClems
    DClems Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of diet sodas as well, and even though there is a lot of opposition to them, I think they're great to have when you're dieting, because they can satisfy your sweet tooth without sabotaging your weight loss. However, I would definitely try to limit your intake to maybe 2 cans a day - the carbonation can make you feel bloated, and there's some research that shows that while the sodas are satisfying for a moment, overall they can cause you to consume more calories, because your body thinks it's getting calories from the sweet taste, but then when it doesn't it overcompensates and causes you to get hungrier.

That being said, if you're already having difficulty with the restrictions on the diet, don't worry about decreasing your consumption of soda - worry about one challenge at once!

I've found that tea (iced or hot) is very helpful, and counts towards your water consumption.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Looking back this is one of the worst diets I have ever done!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Please explain, I would like to hear your experience.
    Looking back this is one of the worst diets I have ever done!