New You by the New Year Challenge

Options

Replies

• MyJourney11
    Options
    I need to lose 80 so I'd love to take the challenge!!!
  • ljjorgensen
    Options
    I'M IIN!!!!! Gee what a great idea... WHo DO YOU GET YOUR INTELLIGENCE FROM????? PROBABLY YOUR MOTHER ,RIGHT????
  • snobuni08
    snobuni08 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm In... what do we have to do? I never did one before.
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Ok the list is:
    1. Me
    2. Bigdave1050
    3. clsmith1733
    4. DancinSmartiPan
    5. 154by54
    6. Wilbaily3
    7. Ciarn
    8. Ohfong
    9. insanely
    10. dipsl19
    11. kateysis
    12. xbabigrl72
    13. kitiara47
    14. afng4n051
    15. ksutte
    16. catlewjones23
    17. gretchen0824
    18. Twinmom1221
    19. Ms.BrwnSugga
    20. Myjourney11
    21. ljjorgensen
    22. snobuni8

Ok, so thats 22 not 20, but oh well. Now if everyone will introduce themselves.
  • wvualum
    Options
    I'll start. My name is Lorie. I'm a 33 year old accountant. Married, no kids. Losing weight is hard when you sit 8 hours a day and drive 2.5 hours a day. But I know I can do it. I'm into all kinds of crafty things and love to read. I lost weight a few years back (about 65 lbs) and have gained all of it back. (I blame my husband! :bigsmile: ).

For the group I'd like everyone to weigh in once a week. You can weigh in more if you like. Also please let me know your goal and I will track everyones progress. If anyone wants to issue daily challenges feel free. Also I am going to work on a pic for you to put in your signature. Would you be interested in doing teams or solo? I think teams would be awesome, a little competition is good right?

Oh yeah and I would like to lose 50 by 2012!
  • snobuni08
    snobuni08 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Here we go!!!
    My name is Nikki. I am a 29 yr. Insurance Agent (honest we are not all bad :) ). Not married and no kids. I will go with Lorie and blame my boyfriend though :) Just kidding, I know it all boils down to me. I have always been "husky" (lol that word just sounds nicer) and go back and forth with my weight however right now I am at my all time heaviest and am NOT impressed. I am not afraid to work out. As a matter of fact I acutally enjoy it. The problem is finding the time. So I am hoping by doing something like this it will finally give me the motivation to put myself first and make exercise a priority.

I am up for anything.. teams work :) Now lets go kick some BUTT!!!
  • wvualum
    Options
    Here we go!!!
    My name is Nikki. I am a 29 yr. Insurance Agent (honest we are not all bad :) ). Not married and no kids. I will go with Lorie and blame my boyfriend though :) Just kidding, I know it all boils down to me. I have always been "husky" (lol that word just sounds nicer) and go back and forth with my weight however right now I am at my all time heaviest and am NOT impressed. I am not afraid to work out. As a matter of fact I acutally enjoy it. The problem is finding the time. So I am hoping by doing something like this it will finally give me the motivation to put myself first and make exercise a priority.

I am up for anything.. teams work :) Now lets go kick some BUTT!!!

Hey Nikki, welcome How much would you like to lose for the challenge?
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone-
    I'm Emily and I am married with three kids. I have an 11 year old step-son and 19 month boy/gril twins. I would love to say that the pregancy is what added the weight, but why start out with a lie? I have always been overweight and it has just gotten out of control since I've had the babies. I work full-time so I struggle to find the time to exercise and sometimes it is just easier to not think about what I'm eating.

My ultimate goal is to lose 100 pounds, but would love to be around 50 by the new year.

Here is a question...How do I get my tracker to show up at the bottom of my messages. I totally can't figure out that one.
  • wvualum
    Options
    Hello Everyone-
    I'm Emily and I am married with three kids. I have an 11 year old step-son and 19 month boy/gril twins. I would love to say that the pregancy is what added the weight, but why start out with a lie? I have always been overweight and it has just gotten out of control since I've had the babies. I work full-time so I struggle to find the time to exercise and sometimes it is just easier to not think about what I'm eating.

My ultimate goal is to lose 100 pounds, but would love to be around 50 by the new year.

Here is a question...How do I get my tracker to show up at the bottom of my messages. I totally can't figure out that one.

Have you set up a ticker (under tools)? I think when I got to the end, it asked if I wanted to post it to my signature (or something to that effect).
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    I am a 18 year old Culinary Arts college student, i gain about 27 lbs my first year at college and my weight went up to 188 lbs and i am 5'1 so i am obese for my age and height :-(.I have always been over i have tried so many times to lose weight but i wasnt doing it the right way so it didnt work.I am tired of being fat and unhealthy and unhappy with the way how i look and feel, i want to feel happy in my own skin so i set my mind up that this time i am going to lose the weight the right way and i am not gonna give up even when i have bad days because i want to be happy and feel good about the way i look. I start my weight lose journey july/4/2011, its been 2 weeks and i have lose 7.4 lbs :-) i am doing turbo fire dvd and trying my best to eat right i plan on gettin other workout dvds to help me lose the weight. My goal is to lose 58lbs by 01/30/12. I am excited about this challenge..... good luck to you all
  • rsw84
    rsw84 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Oh no, am I too late? I've got about 80lbs to lose in total
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

My name is Dave. I'm 37 and married with four kids. I'm a Logistics Manager by day and an actor by night. I've really packed on some pounds this last year and need to take them back off. So my Goal is to be down to 225 by Jan 01, 2012.

Teams work for me, might make it easier to be accountable.

Good luck to all, I know we can do this!
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Kedia. I am 32 years young from Jackson, MS. I am computer programmer for the state. Not married, no kids. I love working out, however life situations keeps knocking me off track or prohibits me to workout as much as I want. My weightloss is between 60 - 70 lbs at the end of spring 2011. Teams or solo is ok with me. I would love to lose (correction - will lose :happy: ) 40 lbs by New Years 2012.
  • Ciarn
    Options
    you have to copy and paste it in signature and everytime u reply to a post it will show. hope that help :-)
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is ShaRon Carter. I have lost 20lbs so far, and I have a little over 50lbs to lose.
  • Ciarn
    Options
    Hello Everyone-

Hi emily you have to copy and paste the tracker code in signature and everytime you reply to a post it will show up. hope that help :-)
  • wvualum
    Options
    Oh no, am I too late? I've got about 80lbs to lose in total

Heck why not, but then we'll have to close the group, that way we will be able to get to know each other.
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    Can I get in on this? I want to lose at least 50, if not more.
  • wvualum
    Options
    Hi Emily, Dave, Ciarn, Kedia and ShaRon. Glad you all signed up for the challenge. I think Teams sounds like a good idea so far. I'll work on setting up the teams. I also made a pic, but I have to figure out who to post it and share it. LOL. I am a little techy, surely I can figure it out.
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Can I get in on this one too, please?