New You by the New Year Challenge

Options

Replies

• clsmith1733
    clsmith1733 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im 337 pounds right now i do i get the bmi by the way i want lose 50 by the newyear
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    im 337 pounds right now i do i get the bmi by the way i want lose 50 by the newyear

We are doing body fat percentage Marti (DancinSMartiPan) has posted the website in a previous post. Which I have to go find too, pray for me, this could be ugly. :wink:

Welcome!
  • clsmith1733
    Options
    bmi off 52.8
  • wvualum
    Options
    OK, my body fat percentage is not as bad as I thought 36.8%, still way too much!

I'm glad you suggested it Marti.

Now I am done with tomorrows challenge too!
  • ksutte
    ksutte Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    2 and 3 are completed already. Using the website my bf% is 40%. My New Year goal is 200 lbs, my ultimoate goal is 170. I keep changing it, but I think that is a good weight for me.
  • XBabigrl72
    XBabigrl72 Posts: 88
    Options
    Better late than never. I'm on team 3 (xbabigrl72) my name is Jennifer. I'm a 21 year old mother of one; a very energetic 2 year old. I currently weight between 250 and 246. I keep playing with the same couple pounds and enough is enough already. I gain this weight mainly from being lazy after having my daughter and now I wish I wasn't so lazy. You have no idea how happy I would be to lose 50 pounds. I'd love to get to know all my team mates.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

My BF wasn't as bad as I thought (Although still bad). I'm at 25.4% body fat
  • clsmith1733
    Options
    i have find a tape :( But i will do it tonight
  • 154by54
    154by54 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Denise here from team 2. My goal current weight 200. Goal for new year 170. final goal 150. How do I figure my body fat? Thanks!
  • wvualum
    Options
    Hi Denise here from team 2. My goal current weight 200. Goal for new year 170. final goal 150. How do I figure my body fat? Thanks!

Hi Denise if you go to pg 3 Marti (dancinsmartipants) has a link to a BF calculator.
  • 154by54
    154by54 Posts: 7
    Options
    Will have to wait until I have a tape measure to do my body fat.
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Ok
    Introduction Made-Check
    Requested Friends of Team-Check
    Body Fat Calculated-Check (35%)
    New Year's Goal-50 lbs.

Here is to a new day and hoping things go better today. I did ok with food, but fell asleep with the babies at 7:30 so i didn't get my exercise in.
  • wvualum
    Options
    I have an idea for tomorrows challenge. How about Watered Down Wednesdays? Lets see how much water we can down. I found a site that you can do a quiz to find out how much water you should drink. It is:

http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

I'm not going to track this or anything, but it is just for information reasons.

Do you all like this idea?
  • abbysmommy1
    abbysmommy1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have about 85 pounds to lose. I'll take the challenge! I need the motivation :-)
  • wvualum
    Options
    I have about 85 pounds to lose. I'll take the challenge! I need the motivation :-)

I'm sorry our group is limited to 24 members and we are full. :frown:
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    With the extreme heat here I would say a Watered Down Wednesday is a great idea.
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    Holy Cow! I just took the quiz and am amazed by how much water it tells me I need. I thought i have been doing good with my 64 ounces a day but it looks like I should really be doubling that amount!
  • wvualum
    Options
    I know. I always heard that you should drink half an ounce for every pound you weigh. My amount from this website was pretty close to that.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have an idea for tomorrows challenge. How about Watered Down Wednesdays? Lets see how much water we can down. I found a site that you can do a quiz to find out how much water you should drink. It is:

http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

I'm not going to track this or anything, but it is just for information reasons.

Do you all like this idea?

Sounds good to me.
  • wvualum
    Options
    So here is where we stand right now.
    Team 1:
    Lorie (wvualum) wants to lose 50lbs and has a bf% of 36.8.
    Marti (DancinSMartiPants) wants to lose 50 lbs and has a bf% of 40.3.
    Ciarn wants to lose 58 lbs and has a bf% of 42.0.
    Lauren (dipsl19) wants to lose 35 lbs and has not reported on her bf% yet.
    Rachel (kitiara47) wants to lose 72 lbs and has not reported her bf% yet.
    Catlewjones23 wants to lose 50lbs and has not reported her bf% yet.
    Kedia (MsBrownSugga) wants to lose 40 lbs and has not reported her bf% yet.
    Nikki (snobuni8) wants to lose 50 lbs and has not reported her bf% yet.
    So far: Team 1 wants to lose a total of 405 lbs and has an average body fat % of 39.7.

Team 2:
    Dave (Bigdave1050) wants to lose 45 lbs and has a bf% of 25.4.
    Denise (154by54) wants to lose 30 lbs and has not reported her bf% yet.
    ohfong has not introduced herself yet, so not info to report yet.
    Kate (kateyesis) wants to lose 53 lbs and has a bf % of 37.3.
    ShaRon (afng4n051) wants to lose 50 lbs and has not reported her bf% yet.
    Gretchen (gretchen00824) wants to lose 30 lbs. and has not reported her bf% yet.
    Mitzi (myjourney11) wants to lose 30 lbs and has a bf% of 42.1.
    Bec (rsw84) wants to lose 50 lbs and has not reported her bf% yet.
    So far: Team 2 wants to lose a total of 308 lbs and has and average body fat % of 34.9.

Team 3:
    Amanda (clsmith1733) wants to lose 50 lbs and has not reported her bf% yet.
    wilbailey has not introduced herself yet, so not info to report yet.
    insanely has not introduced herself yet, but did say she wants to lose 50 lbs.
    Jennifer (xbabigrl72) wants to lose 50 lbs and has not reported her bf% yet.
    Kelly (ksutte) wants to lose 48 lbs and has a bf% of 40.0.
    Emily (twinmom1221) wants to lose 50 lbs and has not reported her bf% yet.
    Jeanie (ljjorgensen) wants to lose 50 lbs and has not reported her bf% yet.
    Mindy (minni2906) has introduced herself but did not give goal information.
    So far: Team 3 wants to lose a total of 298 lbs and has an average body fat % of 40.0.

Please make sure all your info correct. I know a lot of you said you will be posting your bf% today, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss your post if you had already posted it.

So how is everyone today?