New You by the New Year Challenge

Options

Replies

• rsw84
    rsw84 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have to drink 117.9 oz or 3.5 liters of water im sure i drink that much of water a day maybe even more sometimes cause i drink alot of water i like water :-) and plus its very hot in New York right now.....lets go team 1 :-)

I wish it has hot where I am......we've had nothing but rain since Friday!
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Be careful what you wish for, this heat is just oppresive. You can't do anything outside and you certainly can't take the kiddos out.
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Busy night tonight. Going to go donate blood after work. I read on mfp that donating blood burns 650 calories. Bonus! I know I can't count them, but it'd be great if I could. :smile: Then subway for dinner and home to can pickles. Don't forget tomorrows challenge Watered Down Wednesdays!
  • wvualum
    Options
    Be careful what you wish for, this heat is just oppresive. You can't do anything outside and you certainly can't take the kiddos out.

OR breathe!!
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    I will calculate my body fat % tonight when I have my tape measure.

By the new year, I would like to lose a total of 60lbs. As of this am I am 212.8, so that would put me at 152.8. Haven't seen that number since middle school!!!!!!!!! hahahhaah.

Team 3, are we going with a name? :)

LOL
    I am going to try to get to my pre-puberty weight! :laugh:

That would put me at 160Lbs, for a guy that's 6'7, thats just "Skelator" looking.:laugh:

Hahaha. Probably not a good look.

My BF% is 27.1.
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    Oh, and I have to drink 124.8 oz of water. Wow!!!
  • wvualum
    Options
    Team 1 is now Team Thin It to Win It.
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    cool lets go Team Thin It to Win It!!!!!!!!! :-)
  • wilbailey3
    wilbailey3 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey!!!!

My name is Sam (Samantha). I am 40, with 2 boys (11 & 7).
    I am also, a daily weigher (on the scale every day)!!!! I do have a gym membership; but I don't always have time to use it! (Prefer to work out in the morning).
    Always had an issue with the weight though! My height is 5' 9", and this morning, I clocked in at 212.6lbs (Will do the measurements in the morning).

My goal weight is 160lbs (maybe 30% BF) (I have been down to 140lbs, and was told, that I looked ill).

I think my problem is, not eating enough for me! (So I am working on that)!
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    So... 124 ounces of water, eh? I thought I was doing well when I got in 64. Guess I'll need to make sure I have some fresh straws for tomorrow!
  • ksutte
    ksutte Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Men have it so easy. My hubby weighed himself the other day and was 175 and is freaking out. Pa-lease, tell me when you hit 200, 225 then I might feel bad for you. Mind you he is about a inch taller than me. He still wears his clothes/size from high school.
  • ksutte
    Options
    Hi Sam - I'm about the same height as you, a couple years older. 140 is too thin for people our height, I'm going for 170.

go team 3!!!
  • clsmith1733
    clsmith1733 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You have 37% body fatnow im depressed im huge
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Finally got my BF%. 30% Body fat.
  • ksutte
    Options
    Here is some info I thought the ladies might like to read regarding BF%s, since everyone seems to be suffering from shock and awe about their PBF.

What's the Healthy Body Fat Percentage in Women?
    Inevitably, we come to this crucial question.

The healthy percentage varies for you and me since it depends on factors like:
    •Hereditary
    •Body type
    •Diet

Going by these, if you and I have sufficient activity and adequate exercise, there's no reason why our body fat percentage shouldn't be at the healthy level.

I've done some homework and found that the below body fat percentage in women is considered as either healthy, overweight or obese:
    Age Range Too Little Healthy Range Overweight Obese
    20-30 yrs old Below 21% 21-33% 33-39% Over 39%
    31-40 yrs old Below 21% 21-33% 33-39% Over 39%
    41-50 yrs old Below 23% 23-35% 35-40% Over 40%
    51-60 yrs old Below 23% 23-35% 35-40% Over 40%
    61-70 yrs old Below 24% 24-36% 36-42% Over 42%
    71-80 yrs old Below 24% 24-36% 36-42% Over 42%

http://www.perfect-body-toning.com/body-fat-percentage-in-women.html
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    My body fat % is 27.9 (a LOT lower than I would expect...) and I need 133 oz or 4 liters of water.

edit: And according to the chart, there is NO way I can be at a healthy fat %.... When I was 190 in the 8th grade, my body fat was 35%.... I'm so confused.
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    My body fat % is 27.9 (a LOT lower than I would expect...) and I need 133 oz or 4 liters of water.

edit: And according to the chart, there is NO way I can be at a healthy fat %.... When I was 190 in the 8th grade, my body fat was 35%.... I'm so confused.

How much do you weigh now?
  • wvualum
    Options
    I ordered zumba for my ps3 move. Does anyone have it or played it before? Will be a lot easier for me to exercise when I get it. Kind of excited.
  • clsmith1733
    clsmith1733 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    186 ounces of water today, or 5.6 liters.
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Lori-
    Let us know how that goes. I've been considering Zumba for the Wii, but after my disappointment with EA Active I'm not sure I want to spend the money. I guess we'll see how much I get for the EA Active at the garage sale.