New You by the New Year Challenge

Options

Replies

• BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    How much water?

154 ounces of water today, or 4.6 liters.

If you eat a healthy diet, about 20 percent of your water may come from the foods you eat. If you eat a healthy diet you can drink 123.2 ounces of water today, or 3.7 liters.

That is a lot of water. I was having a hard enough time trying to drink 8 glasses a day. Water down Wednesday sounds good to me.
  • katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Waterdown Wed sounds good to me!! Especially with all the heat we have been having here. I should drink 158 ounces of water today, or 4.7 liters. Thats a lot of water, I should get on that :)

Hope everyone is having a great day!!
  • gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello to all and especially to team #2

My name is Gretchen, I am a 38 yr old wife and mom of 3,ages 14, 13, and 7. I work full time as an LPN in a nursing home and am about to start beck to school to get my RN.

Growing up I was of a slender build. I developed a bad relationship with food and exercise....I ate what I wanted, and never really worked out...I was able to get away with it....even after the birth of my 1st 2 children I bounced back to pre pregnancy weight with very little difficulty.

About 10 years ago, though, things started changing....I slowly started to put on weight. And then when I got pregnant and had my daughter, I couldnt drop the weight....

My goal is to lose 50 lbs, hopefully by November, when I attend my cousin's wedding.

My immediate goal is to lose 15 lbs by the end of August, when I celebrate my 15 yr anniersary

according to my weight watchers scale my % body fat is 30....eeeeks
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to do the BF% tonight when I get off work.
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My bf% is 35.
  • ljjorgensen
    Options
    My bf% is 31.5
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Welcome Gretchen. I've got your numbers logged. You just need to weigh in and measure by Monday afternoon. I will try to post results by Monday at 5 est.
  • gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    sounds great....i weigh in at least weekly on monday am
  • ksutte
    ksutte Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    143 ozs, I had 80 yesterday of water and I drink 2 shakes a day, each 14 oz. I'm not sure I can drink any more than that. It said if I eat healthy I could drink 114 ozs that is close to what I did yesterday so I'll try for that.:drinker:
  • BrookeCMyers
    Options
    I'd like to join!
  • mjtbb
    mjtbb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow! Just one day late... Can I join? I have more than 50 to lose.
  • wvualum
    Options
    I'd like to join!

I'm sorry we are full. :frown: But keep looking there are challenges posted all the time.
  • katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Team Two has come up with a name...Team Abnehmen, which is German for lose weight. :)
  • wvualum
    Options
    Team Two has come up with a name...Team Abnehmen, which is German for lose weight. :)

I like it. Team 1 is working on a name. T1 look on your homepage, we've got a thread going about what our name will be.
  • rsw84
    rsw84 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    33.6% fat for me......thought it would be loads more than that!!
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    I will calculate my body fat % tonight when I have my tape measure.

By the new year, I would like to lose a total of 60lbs. As of this am I am 212.8, so that would put me at 152.8. Haven't seen that number since middle school!!!!!!!!! hahahhaah.

Team 3, are we going with a name? :)
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    I have to drink 117.9 oz or 3.5 liters of water im sure i drink that much of water a day maybe even more sometimes cause i drink alot of water i like water :-) and plus its very hot in New York right now.....lets go team 1 :-)
  • wvualum
    Options

By the new year, I would like to lose a total of 60lbs. As of this am I am 212.8, so that would put me at 152.8. Haven't seen that number since middle school!!!!!!!!! hahahhaah.

LOL
    I am going to try to get to my pre-puberty weight! :laugh:
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options

LOL
    I am going to try to get to my pre-puberty weight! :laugh:

That would put me at 160Lbs, for a guy that's 6'7, thats just "Skelator" looking.:laugh:
  • rsw84
    rsw84 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just got my hubby to weigh himself... just realised that my target is to weight what he weighs now by 2012! Thing is he's 6ft 6, and I'm only 5ft 6 so I wont have the same figure as him! lol