Judgemental People

Options

Replies

• mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I do appreciate the blunt remarks I get from certain people on here. Keeps my butt going :D
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    There's a HUGE difference between HONESTY and RUDENESS!

Some people see both as one and the same. The difference is in the intent. If it was intended to hurt someones feelings, it's rude. If it was intended to help, its honestly (or at least honest as far as the speaker thinks)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

honest is real.

Rudeness is a perceived thing based on YOUR thoughts of their Honesty

word.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

Advice is just that. Advice. You don't have to listen to it if you don't think it's good advice. Even if someone has a personal problem with you, why would you get all offended about a troll on the internet? It doesn't affect your real life!

Thicken up your skin. Seriously, if you can't take a little bit of controversy on the internet, how the hell do you function in real life? Do you live in a bubble where no one can hurt your feelings?

Best advice on here!
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    This post hurts my feelings. *runs off to tell a grown up*

This is what my daughters' used to say to me when one of my other daughters "hurt her feelings!" Better than beating her up like my sister used to do when we were kids! Ha ha!!!!:angry:
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I agree, but it's not good when people are just being hurtful. I've seen some pretty sh!tty insults and cruel name calling here. There's constructive tough love, and then there's detrimental discouragement.

Great post though, friend. I've never been a fan of political correctness.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Agree with the OP.

As long as someone isn't saying something just to be a douche, I would rather someone say what's on their mind. I'd rather know who it really is I'm talking to, than someone being fake because they think that's what I want.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Bravo!

I'm working on the oversensitivity bit. :blushing:
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I dunno - I am gonna whine to my favorite grown-up (THAT was BRILLIANT hahahahahaha) about the obnoxious people who decide without even SEEING or KNOWING me that I have some weird sick dysmorphic psycho-dramatically HORRIBLE mind-body disorder & I need to be hospitalized because I "think" I have FAT on my 100 lb body: LISTEN YOU NASTY-@$$e$: I LIVE WITH THIS BODY, YOU do not. If I say there is FAT on it, there is FAT on it!!!! JEEZ!!! And FURTHERMORE - I LOVE this little body and want it to be as spectacular as it is capable of being - this is what is known as HEALTHY motivation, for G!d's sake!!! :explode:

OK.

Now I feel better after venting.

Thank you SUPPORTIVE people for being who you are!!! (I am saying this in my most ladylike polite voice).
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it at all!:bigsmile:
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    What I have the worst time with on here is that people say things like, "If people are saying something like this about ________, I know what you're saying about me."

Ummm... no, ya don't.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options

And THIS is where proper punctuation, spelling and grammar are important!! If you aren't able to tell the intent through the way you read and write, it's a slippery slope to anarchy.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Stop the drama, people. This isn't highschool.

*phew* it would be awkward to be 40 yrs old in highschool... :laugh: :noway:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    How is it judgmental to speak the truth?
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

So here's the truth - Judge me. If I am doing something but for my health, CALL ME ON IT. Don't say "Oh it's ok, its fine you just ate a cheeseburger for the 6th straight day in a row"

I wanna hear things like "Put down the damn burgers and get your *kitten* to a gym!"

I wish I could be like this. I have friends who eat McDonalds every day (or some other junk), claim they worked off 700 cals, eat 200 cals the next day... It is totally frustrating. I should prob grow up and delete them or say something, huh?
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    So I find it interesting to see you post this after two days ago posting on your status not to judge on your drinking night....

not that I dont agree with you.... just thought i would point that out.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Advice is just that. Advice. You don't have to listen to it if you don't think it's good advice. Even if someone has a personal problem with you, why would you get all offended about a troll on the internet? It doesn't affect your real life!

Thicken up your skin. Seriously, if you can't take a little bit of controversy on the internet, how the hell do you function in real life? Do you live in a bubble where no one can hurt your feelings?

Stop the drama, people. This isn't highschool.

Perfectly worded.
  • Keleb_DaWhiz
    Options
    "A" to the "MEN"
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    (snip)

I wanna hear things like "Put down the damn burgers and get your *kitten* to a gym!"

Lets see some honesty people. And when you get honest advice, realize that they aren't giving you this advice to hurt your feelings or be mean. The advice is just to try to help. If you disagree with it.... don't follow it! You don't need to get personally offended and snap at people.

(snip)

I agree however large hungry people tend to be short tempered. While it's true that some people live to be offended and wont let up until you insult them so they can claim their victim card, I honestly believe that the occasional temper flair-up is just as natural a by-product of lifestyle change and weight loss as sweat.

You just have to take the absurdly offended with the same understanding as the absurdly judgmental folks that tend to offend them. Deny yourself enough calories and take away our oreo's and we're all ready to bite the head off of something now and then,.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Oversensitivity is such a problem with the world right now. Everyone bends over backwards to please the very small group of people who b*tch and moan over something. People need to stop being such p*ssies and learn how to deal.