Judgemental People

Options

Replies

• Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    If what you say, or how you say it, is offensive to some (or many) people, then that's as much a lesson to learn as anything else. You get feedback, and you can either accept it, own it, and improve, or you can say that it's the responsibility of all those other people to toughen up. If people aren't receiving the message you're trying to convey, then maybe you're simply not conveying it, and placing the blame on them is a copout.

And some people are overly sensitive, and read everything as applying to them personally in a negative way. That's their issue. If one of those people is offended by something that they misread or misinterpreted as hurtful to them, then umm... toughen up. :smile: Some people are whiny. Just like they have to put up with people not catering to their delicate ego, everyone else has to put up with the fact that they're going to be offended by things that no one else would find offensive.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    There's a HUGE difference between HONESTY and RUDENESS!

And THIS is where proper punctuation, spelling and grammar are important!! If you aren't able to tell the intent through the way you read and write, it's a slippery slope to anarchy.
    Gotta be honest. I can fall victim to grammar nazi too but I've since tried to avoid that. Fact is, when you do that, you're just being combative. Typical from a giants fan :p
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options

yes.
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Seriously - a lack of people calling me on my **** is how I packed on 50 pounds in ONE YEAR. If someone would have told me to step away from the burrito a few times my thighs wouldn't look like sacks of cottage cheese.

Judgey Wudgey was a Bear... *roar*

Yea, but in my experience, I was surrounded by people just like me and there was no hope until I realized myself what I was doing and went about trying to fix it.

And then when I started telling people to step away from the burrito or whatever, they started hating on me and telling me I changed so much. It hurt, but I changed for the better, and I felt better, so whatever.

My point is, I agree w/ people needing to grow some thicker skin and even more that some people need to stop taking some comments so to heart, but it's not going to happen overnight. It's a process, and people need to understand things for themselves before anything happens. Telling someone something a hundred times won't make them understand it until, well, they UNDERSTAND it.

I can't think of the words to explain, does this make sense? Like, something needs to click for people to grow up.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Oversensitivity is such a problem with the world right now. Everyone bends over backwards to please the very small group of people who b*tch and moan over something. People need to stop being such p*ssies and learn how to deal.

:love:
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    WAITWAitwaitwait...wait......wait..........hold on.....wait...

You mean I can simply ignore stuff I don't like?

I can click away just like that huh?

Well I'll be...
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

And THIS is where proper punctuation, spelling and grammar are important!! If you aren't able to tell the intent through the way you read and write, it's a slippery slope to anarchy.
    Gotta be honest. I can fall victim to grammar nazi too but I've since tried to avoid that. Fact is, when you do that, you're just being combative. Typical from a giants fan :p

One word...Touche :flowerforyou:
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'm over the whiney people lately. How do you survive your everyday life when you can't even handle the contrasting opinions of others on a website? Lame!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Trolling is so much easier than judging. I feel it puts me at the highest echelon of douchebaggery.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm over the whiney people lately. How do you survive your everyday life when you can't even handle the contrasting opinions of others on a website? Lame!

Um, the internet is the meaning of life. Duh.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options

^this
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

It seems to be the only way of life to many.

Srs bzns ppl.
  • nawlinsned
    nawlinsned Posts: 15
    Options
    Some people happen to not understand the difference between facts and opinion. Facts are just that, facts. If the proven results from empirical tests happens to hurt your feelings, then you have more issues than just with your weight. Some opinions have more value than others. Part of being supportive is letting people know when they are wrong.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    So I find it interesting to see you post this after two days ago posting on your status not to judge on your drinking night....

not that I dont agree with you.... just thought i would point that out.

haw haw
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

It seems to be the only way of life to many.

Srs bzns ppl.

That literally made my eyes cross. And when one of my employees sends out an email to the rest of our team (most of my employees are of the teenage persuasion)... in that ridiculous text speak, I slap myself on the hand for hiring them.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    People will get over it, simple as that. And if they don't, then that's a sad sad way to live.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    So I find it interesting to see you post this after two days ago posting on your status not to judge on your drinking night....

not that I dont agree with you.... just thought i would point that out.

Bahahaha, good point. You also saw I had a 1500 calorie burn that day, and I am still under calories. Granted, booze is empty calories though.

But you have to be able to live a little. I'm not saying judge someone on the occasional times they splurge, I'm saying when its a constant habit.

And besides, that was only a sub-point of this article. The main point was don't be so damn sensitive. :D
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: you made me cry
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Oversensitivity is such a problem with the world right now. Everyone bends over backwards to please the very small group of people who b*tch and moan over something. People need to stop being such p*ssies and learn how to deal.

Oh yes. This.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    WAITWAitwaitwait...wait......wait..........hold on.....wait...

You mean I can simply ignore stuff I don't like?

I can click away just like that huh?

Well I'll be...

^^^^THIS!!!!! YES, THIS fixes all those internet hurt feelings instantly!