"Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom " Group 7

Options

Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, here's the latest chart:

n4DRu.jpg

There were a few with gains this week, but overall the group had a loss.

Everyone have a great day!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the chart - everyone is doing awesome.

Well I had an eye opener today. I always thought the calories burned listed on the treadmill were way to low, especially after I got an HRM watch (no strap), I would easily burn 300-325 cals on a 2 miles in 30 minutes on the treadmill. Then I got an HRM with a chest strap and finally got on the treadmill with it today and according to the watch I burned 175 where the treadmill said 205. So now my watch is lower then machine. My watch did have a few glitches where it recored over 200 calories and didn't record for a but after that, so I will have to make sure I get on the treadmill more oftern to see if the watch is consistent or not.

Yesturday I went to fitness class and she ran it as a 5 min cardio step, followed by 5, 30 sec weight stations that we did twice, we did this circuit 3 times, and then finished up with an ab workout. I think I burned around 250 cals. Will go back to fitness class again tomorrow evening.

Hoping to see a 1 pound drop this week. I just can't seem to get below that 150. I hover between 151-152.

Hope everyone had a great long weekend, and is having a good week.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Had a great workout at fitness class tonight - burned 420 cals.

Did a first today - made homemade buns - but i did use the bread maker to make the dough - have to say pretty proud of myself - figured each bun to be around 150 cals
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Renae, I was also shocked when I first started using a good HRM how much the machines overestimate calories burned. I LOVE my HRM. Don't forget to reset your weight on your HRM as you continue to lose--I usually reset mine every 5 pounds or so.

How is everyone doing? Not a ton of activity on our thread, but I hope you guys are still getting it! I have had a voracious appetite for the past couple weeks. Finally the nausea is subsiding and I'm feeling better--still exhausted but improving. I'm going to catch up on some much needed rest this weekend but still plan to get some exercise in. And I'm going to try to get back into my early morning workout routine two days per week. Plus Zumba starts back next Thursday and I can't wait!!!

Hope you are all doing well. Keep moving and shaking it!!!
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey girls,

Not sure how this week way in is going to go. It is TOM and I have been over in my cals alot this week. I just hope that if it is a gain that it is not to much. I have been consistently loosing for the past 5 weeks or so. In the past it has been loose for a few weeks then a gain then loose for a few weeks so I don't know. I did increase my calories a couple of weeks ago. Sorry if I am rambling I just need to say it.
  • Babbe
    Options
    I had no change in weight this week. I am glad with the no gain, I was expecting a gain from the bad week and TOM.

Now to just get back to the workouts everyday. I seriously need a kick in the butt. I have no motivation. I am about half way to my final goal weight and I don't want to give up.

Hope every one is having a great week.

Sarah
  • renaegry
    Options
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I had no change in weight this week. I am glad with the no gain, I was expecting a gain from the bad week and TOM.

Now to just get back to the workouts everyday. I seriously need a kick in the butt. I have no motivation. I am about half way to my final goal weight and I don't want to give up.

Sarah

I can totally relate Sarah. I weighed in at 149.2 this week, which is only a 0.2 drop for this week and back even with what I weighed two weeks ago. So, I have been kinda stuck for the past two weeks, hovering at 149. But, I have also really slacked on the workouts and have just not been motivated. I also need a kick in the butt to get my butt moving again.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Tammy
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    I'm up about a pound this week, putting me at 154.4., which is around a 6 pound gain since before I was pregnant. Not too bad for being 15 1/2 weeks I guess. I have been absolutely starving--I wake up hungry, I'm hungry before lunch, after lunch and starving by dinner--but I'm trying to make decent choices. For those of us slacking on the exercise I think that we need to start listing our fitness goals for each week. Maybe every Monday post our goals for the week--what days we plan to work out, what activities we plan to do, etc.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm also up 1 pound this week at 147.2 I'm sooo close to goal and must start exercising to push through these last few pounds! I hope everyone have a FAB weekend!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    ~~WEIGH-IN 10-14-11 & 10-15-11~~

I did weigh myself 2 days in a row only because on that 1st day I was feeling a bit (Shhhh) constipated :embarassed: but what can ya do??

Soooo...I had a loss of 1.2 lbs this week. That is a total of 13.2 lbs lost since starting Hot Moms!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Sarah

I can totally relate Sarah. I weighed in at 149.2 this week, which is only a 0.2 drop for this week and back even with what I weighed two weeks ago. So, I have been kinda stuck for the past two weeks, hovering at 149. But, I have also really slacked on the workouts and have just not been motivated. I also need a kick in the butt to get my butt moving again.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Tammy

I have also been slacking in workouts! During the summer I didn't have a problem...but now that Im back at work, it's so hard to find that "certain time" to exercise! I would have thought I would have come up with some sort of schedule by now, but I haven't. Maybe now that football is over with, it will get easier. Well, that is until wrestling and basketball start up! lol
  • amers55
    amers55 Posts: 46
    Options
    I keep forgetting to weigh in! I will tomorrow a.m.
  • Babbe
    Options
    My goals this week are

1. cook 3 homemade meals

I have started to cook more homemade meals the past couple of weeks. I have to say I love skinnytaste.com. My kids who are very picky are eating most of it as well.

2. work out at the gym at least 3 times

Some of the other moms at Ava's preschool belong to the same gym as me and are planning to workout this week while the kids are in school. It is going to be raining this week and I WILL NOT use that as an excuse.

I thought that if I put it in writing then I will be more apt to do and be held accountable as well. Hopefully my motivation will be kick into gear this week.

Join me in writing your goals down this week

Sarah
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I realize that you have had this group started...but is there any chance that I can still join? I just joined the website a few days ago and am looking for some motivation, I have been in a rut recently and am crawling my way back out. I am a mom of a 4 yr old, and want to get back into caring for myself too.

• mcarthul
    mcarthul Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join this group?? I am a mother of 2, my son is 4 and has just started JK, my daughter is 3 and she is in preschool a few days a week. I'm just starting to get some time to myself for exercise and meal planning. I need motivation! I have 25lbs to lose...
  • amers55
    amers55 Posts: 46
    Options
  • renaegry
    Options
    Back from a weekend of holidaying. Exercise is slacking, and I didn't eat the greatest, but so far the weight stayed the same. Going to try to get out for a walk with my daughter in the bike stroller after lunch, and hope to make it to fitness class tomorrow, but not sure, my son has swimming and I have lots of running down around to do tomorrow. Crazy busy working on books at home, so hopefully next week slows down a little. Must get more committed to exercising, either doing videos, or getting on the treadmill. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Hello ladies....

Absolutely SWAMPED here, so just a quick post for the chart. Won't be able to update further for late weigh ins.

qfsrJ.jpg
  • renaegry
    Options
    Great work everyone. Keeping the fingers crossed. Was down to 149.6 this morning. Hoping it sticks around tomorrow. I have been down in the 149's before, but then climbed back up to 155. So I am determined this is it. Haven't made it to fitness class this week, but have been walking.