SAHMU - TEAM PURPLE (CLOSED)

Options
Hey Team Purple! This will be our forum chat.

Replies

• antbug21
    antbug21 Posts: 56
    Options
    Just a reminder of what our challenge is this week.

For Weigh In Wednesdays our posts will read:

Starting MFP Weight
    Starting SAHMU Weight
    Week 1 Weight
    Goal Weight

* If you have already lost weight on your journey here at MFP you are welcome to post it here.

Week 1
    Exercise Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Cardio: Get out those strollers Ladies!! (if your kids are to big for a stroller, have them come along if they can keep up).
    Walk 2.5- 3.0mph 4 times this week for 45 min. ( I notice alot of you are doing workout videos and if you would rather do those that is okay, just make sure it is 4 times this week to count your point)
    Strength: 25 Squats a day 5 days this week

Food Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Kitchens closes at 9:30pm!

Emotional Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Post 1 reason you believe you have carried this extra weight around. (try to limit it to just one reason, something that you may need to just get out, it helps to release our emotional baggage along with our weight)

*Each Team member will receive one point for each challenge they meet this week and your team will earn a bonus point if everyone completes there challenges.
    *A Point will also be awarded to the team with the highest weightloss for the week.

Post your victories daily and please remember to add up your points for next wednesday.
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight: 243
    Starting SAHMU Weight: 226
    Week 1 Weight: 224
    Goal Weight : 170 (long term goal, not for this 60 days lol)

I am 2lbs down @ this weigh in this morning btw. And I did 25 squats last night and 40 minutes of cardio.
  • antbug21
    Options
    Posted in main thread, but posting here for my team as well:

Weigh-In Wed/Goals:

Starting MFP: 180
    Starting SAHMU: 180
    Week 1: 180
    Goal: 140 (long term goal)

Did my squats. Will be cleaning house and hitting the elliptical for 45min later today.

Emotional goal: I have been holding onto this weight out of fear. Afraid that I will not accomplish my goals, afraid that I cannot be stronger than food.
  • antbug21
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight: 243
    Starting SAHMU Weight: 250 (highest weight was 263)
    Week 1 Weight: 224 (that's THIS week, right now right??)
    Goal Weight : 170 (long term goal, not for this 60 days lol)

I'm guessing on what these actually mean...hence the parenthesis! I am 2lbs down @ this weigh in this morning btw. And I did 25 squats last night and 40 minutes of cardio.

Sunshine:

Starting MFP weight is your weight when you started My Fitness Plan
    Starting SAHMU weight is your current weight when you started this challenge
    Week 1 Weight is also your current weight (which will change with each week)
    Goal weight is your long term goal.

And everyone please remember the emotional challenge is worth one point as well!!
  • SunshineKB
    Options
    Oh okay, I will edit that post..

I think one of the main reasons I've been holding onto this weight is that it's been a lifelong struggle for me...and I've just considered myself a lost cause, doomed to just be the fat girl forever...and looking at it as a impossibility, feeling sorry for myself! But thankfully this time when I changed my life, I have a completely and drastically different outlook on everything & I have already won the war! :)
  • linake11
    linake11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight: 288.6
    Starting SAHMU Weight: 270.6
    Week 1 Weight: 270.6
    Goal Weight : 60 day goal 255.6 (ultimate goal, 160)

Emotional goal: I've always struggled with weight. Ever since I can remember. I think the reason I've gotten to my highest weight is because of stress. I'm learning to deal with it through exercise and better eating, and I've learned to not let things get to me so easily.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team Purple!
    Remeber you can always post on the main thread as well, I just wanted to make it easier for our team captains to keep track of everyone.
    Good Luck Team Purple!
  • KELLYRENEEPHILLIPS
    KELLYRENEEPHILLIPS Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight: 169.6
    Starting SAHMU Weight: 171.0
    Week 1 Weight: 171.0
    Goal Weight : 161.0 (for this 60-day challenge)
    Long-term goal weight: 155
    *I'm actually focusing more on getting my body fat percentage to a better range. Right now, it is barely within the "healthy" range (according to World Health Organization) at 32.6%. My goal is to get to 24% or lower. However, I know that in order to achieve that, some pounds are going to have to come off! :)

This morning I went to Curves and will do the squats as soon as I get off of the computer! :)
    I think one reason why I have kept this extra weight is well, one, I had a baby 20 months ago and gained quite a bit with him ( was 220 right before I had him). I also tend to eat for comfort---I turn to sweets. I've had a sweet tooth ever since I can remember and it is extremely hard for me to not turn to sugar when I am feeling down emotionally and/or physically.
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Good morning team purple!!!!

HW:267
    MFP Starting weight:208.6
    SAHMU weight:195.4
    Week 1: 195.4
    60day goal: 185!!!!

Emotional goal: I've held onto this weight because I'm lazy! Plain and simple I didn't have the drive to get off the couch! Then one day I cought myself yelling at my kids to go play and leave me alone! Then went outside and it was like someone slapped me in the face! All my kids wanted was for me to play with them and here I was being a lazy *kitten*! Now I play WITH them :)!!!

I did my squats just before bed and I walked at 3.5mph for 90 minuets :)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Go Team Purple
  • linake11
    Options
    Ok so I saw that you get an extra point if you post before pics. So here is mine! Goodbye old me, HELLO new me in 60 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    9a9e4210.jpg
    0ef0851d.jpg
  • linake11
    Options
    I did my first set of 30 squats tonight, didn't eat anything past 6:00. :)
  • antbug21
    Options
    Good morning Team Purple! It's day 2 and I'm feeling quite motivated! MFP has been a great help for me in the eating department. I was always ok with the working out, but I never held myself accountable for food. When I gave my son a snack I had one, or I took a bite of this or that and erased it from my memory like it didn't count. Now having the ability to write down everything I eat and see it and black and white is great motivation for me to stay on track. Before something goes in my mouth I ask myself, do I want to record this as calories for the day? Do I really want to say "I'll take sneaking a handful of potato chips for 500cal Alex?" NOPE! This tool has def helped me stay accountable to myself for what I eat and I think that will finally make all the difference. I hope this challenge is going well for everyone else on Team Purple. Please feel free to share your thoughts, struggles and victories so we can keep each other going! Here is to another fantastic day!

And remember to post here each day as you complete your daily challenge so we can keep those points coming!

BTW my name is Lisa. :smile:
  • SunshineKB
    Options
    Good morning Purps :+) Ready to have another great day!! Last night I took before(ish) pictures for the challenge. So not easy for me to do it, but taking one for the team lol!

Photoon2011-07-20at2244-1-2.jpg
  • linake11
    Options
    Good morning Purps :+) Ready to have another great day!! Last night I took before(ish) pictures for the challenge. So not easy for me to do it, but taking one for the team lol!

Photoon2011-07-20at2244-1-2.jpg

You go girl!!!!!!!
  • KELLYRENEEPHILLIPS
    KELLYRENEEPHILLIPS Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I completed my daily challenge of squats yesterday! :)
  • antbug21
    Options
    Ok, got my cardio done and my squats for today!

Decided I am NOT going to weigh myself at all until next Wed. That will be tough.

But excited to be doing a 6 mile mud run with friends this Sat. Probably won't run much of it, but it will still be an accomplishment!
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My phone sucks! I can't download a before pic OR my "team purple" Thingy :(
  • linake11
    Options
    how do we download the team purple thingy?
  • antbug21
    Options
    purple.jpg

Copy and paste the above link into your signature page but change both IMG to lowercase img. That should work to give you the purple team logo!