*SAHMU PINK TEAM* ( CLOSED )

Replies

• MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    So I did 25+ squats everyday this week (and will do them tomorrow as well!) My kitchen has not been opened past 7pm all week, and I've had at least 45 minutes of cardio each day, except for Saturday!
  • holli3586
    holli3586 Posts: 103 Member
    Thanks ladies !!
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Good Morning! I did my squats and push ups and jumping jacks for today... that's kinda tiring lol. Off to do my cardio! Good luck today ladies!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Holli,
    Here's my info from yesterday (Monday):
    Squats: 30
    Cardio: 47 minutes
    Kitchen Closed: 9:30 pm

Also, I posted a picture in the SAHMU Challenge thread, so that's supposed to add an extra point for us :)
  • holli3586
    Thank you ladies good job , I will set down tonight and get everyones points figured up and let you know . I will probably not be on much of the rest of the week due to family staying with us but i will try to get on and post atleast once a day , Good work ladies!!! Hope everyone does well on weigh in tomorrow morning, Please post your weigh in like last week in this thread , thanks Holli!! :) Have a great day.
  • ninasparx
    ninasparx Posts: 18
    Hey Pink Team! My name is Becky!! I'm new to your group and i'm so excited to get started!!!!!
  • holli3586
    Ok this will make it easier if you did all the stuff in the challenge for the amount of days shown please add your name and your points. Thanks.

Holli-4
  • ♥Amy♥
    Ok this will make it easier if you did all the stuff in the challenge for the amount of days shown please add your name and your points. Thanks.

Holli-4
    Amy-5 (an extra for the posting the picture in the challenge thread)
  • Tayla_Grant

Holli-4
    Tayla- 4
  • ninasparx
    so should i do the challenge from last week? or wait until the new one is posted???
  • MichelleLydia

Holli-4
    Tayla- 4
    Michelle - 5 (extra for posting pic)
  • holli3586
    Thanks Ladies and Becky we are allowed to count you as 4 points for this week , but u will start on this new weeks challenge , Thanks ladies you all did great and hope we win this!! Don't forget weigh in tomorrow... And i'm not sure the point for posting a pic counts right now.
  • ninasparx
    so i'm not sure if i weigh in or not. so i figured i'll give you my numbers anyway.

sw: 230
    cw: 223
    First Goal Weight: 199
    Total Goal Weight: 140

did i do it right? that weightloss was from last tuesday til today, do you guys get any points for my weightloss?
  • Tayla_Grant
    Week 1 SAHMU weight 156
    Week 2 SAHMU weight 152.9

I LOST 3.1 LBS!!!!
  • MichelleLydia
    Starting MFP Weight 157
    Starting SAHMU Weight 154
    Week 2 Weight 153
    Goal Weight 135

So only down 1 lb. this week :( Howeeeever I am down 8 inches this week!!! Woohoo.
  • ♥Amy♥
    You all are doing AWESOME! Congrats on the weight loss and inches, too :)

Here's my info for today:
    Starting MFP Weight 177 (My heighest weight was 223 when starting in my journey in September, 2010)
    Starting SAHMU Weight 141
    Week 1 Weight 141
    Week 2 Weight 141
    Goal Weight 120

No loss this week, but that's unfortunately been what it's like for me this last couple of months. I'll have no loss for a few weeks and then have a 2-3 pound loss. Sorry girls :(
  • ♥Amy♥
    I wanted to let you know that I'm going to be gone from tomorrow until next Wednesday on vacation at DisneyWorld. I won't have access to the message boards to post anything, but I will have my iPhone to still log in and do my food/exercise diary. But, I wanted to let you know that I will be doing the cardio and strength challenges daily. I talked to my DH this morning and he's even going to do them with me...which I'm sure the people in the hotel room below us will LOVE, lol!

I'll have to see about the sleep challenge and let you know on Thursday morning, as well as my weigh in since we don't get home until Wednesday night.

I'll do the emotional and recipe challenges now. As for the recipes that everyone submits, since I can't vote, just count me with the majority ;)

Emotional Challenge(7/27-8/3):
    How do you handle the struggles of being the weight you are in your family?

In my extended family (my Dad & sister), I feel HUGE. My dad is 6 ft (I'm only 4 ft. 11 inches) and has weighed less than me for at least 8 years (until now!) and my sister is taller than me (like 5 ft. 3 or so) and weighs 125 lbs. They have never said anything to me about my weight or anything, but just visiting them (they live 11 hours away), I've always felt like such a cow next to them.

As for with my immediate family (DH and 2 sons), I've never felt strange, but that's because my kids have only ever known me as fat. I did feel bad, though, because I was ALWAYS tired and never had any energy to do anything. Plus, I was always complaining about my back hurting (from carrying around all the extra weight).
  • ♥Amy♥
    Here's my recipe for the challenge.

Recipe name: Tuna Noodle Casserole

Number of servings: 6

Ingredients Calories Fat Sodium Carbs Protein
    Aldi Northern Catch - Chunk Light Tuna (Corrected 6/7/11), 10 oz. 250 3 900 0 65
    Reggano - Enriched Wide Egg Noodles, 1 container (6 cups ea.) 1,320 18 90 240 48
    Food Lion - Whole Kernel Corn No Salt Added, 1 container (1 4/5 cups ea.) 210 5 35 32 7
    Campbell's - Condensed Soup - Cream of Chicken, 2 container (1 3/10 cups ea.) 600 40 4,350 50 10

Total: 2380 66 5375 322 130
    Per Serving: 397 11 896 54 22

I got most of my ingredients from Aldi.

1 bag of Reggano Egg Noodles
    2 cans of tuna in water
    2 cans of cream of chicken (can also use mushroom or celery)
    1 can of sweet corn
    ~1/2 half can of peas
    ~4 tbsp of Chef's Cupboard fried onions (the fried onions you'd put in green bean casserole)
    ~1/4 tsp of black pepper

I boil the noodles first. While I'm boiling that, I mix all the other ingredients in a glass 13x9 baking dish. After the noodles are done and drained..mix everything together. Cover with foil and put it into the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

~The 3 final ingredients were in the recipe I received, but since we don't like those at my house, I omitted them. You can obviously use them, your calorie/ingredient count would just be different. Also you can make this with less sodium/fat, but using different soups. I just used the ones that I had in my pantry (which happened to be the full fatty ones, LOL)
  • MichelleLydia
    I'm gonna get a jump start on my week 2 challenges so I don't forget to do them!

Week 2 Challenges:

Recipe Challenge : This was hard for me, because I am a veeeerrry picky eater and I do not eat foods mixed together. So I just posted what I usually make for myself for dinner on a nice summer night.

Lemon Rosemary Salmon

Crush a couple cloves of garlic and coarsely chop. Sprinkle down on a sheet of aluminum foil. Lay piece of salmon over top (remember to debone salmon). Sprinkle with a dash of Mrs. Dash’s Table Blend, and some rosemary. Then lay a couple lemon circles over top. Close up the foil. Bake for 15 minutes at 350*F

Coho:
    Cals: 170
    Sodium 50 mg
    Total Fat: 5g
    Carbs: 0
    Protein: 25 g
    Cholesterol: 62 mg

Lemon Grilled Asparagus

In a pan combine 2 tbsp. olive oil and the juice of 1 lemon. Roll asparagus in the mixture, shaking off any extra. (if grilling, lay asparagus on grill for 5-6 minutes until tender) or place under broiler for about 10 minutes. Remove and roll in the leftover olive oil/lemon mixture.

Asparagus:
    Cals: 13
    Sodium: 8mg
    Total Fat: 0g
    Carbs: 2g
    Fiber: 1g
    Sugars: 1g
    Protein: 1g

Olive Oil:
    Cals: 180
    Total Fat: 22g

(This recipe is for 1 4oz. piece of Coho, and 4 spears of asparagus)

Emotional Challenge :

My family has never been "skinny" nor have they been "fat", so I never really noticed my weight all that much, that is until my sister lost a bunch of weight! Then I started feeling like the fat sister (even though in comparison, I always was. Just never felt like it until that point). I still feel like the fat sister, and I can't wait for the moment, we go out together and I don't feel that way!

Also, my hubby is very tiny (about 5'5 and 125 lbs.) so I always feel like a cow next to him. I know that I will probably never be as skinny as him, but I do want to feel like feminine and dainty, ya know? When we first started dating (I was probably only a few pounds heavier than I am now) he had a friend tell him that I was "too fat" for him. That's always been in the back of my mind - does everyone who sees us together think that?!

PS: Amy, have a great trip!!!
  • ninasparx
    are the challenges always the same???? if not how do some know what week 2 challenges are already??? could someone please inform me on how this all works????
This discussion has been closed.