Who wants to be a HOT MOM group 5

Options

Replies

• helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM – ALL GROUPS UPDATE!!

Hello, future hot moms! I noticed no one was tracking the 10 separate groups, so I thought I’d jump in! Basically, I love to track ANYTHING, I was bored today, and I want to instill some friendly group competition. Here are the group totals from 7/25’s weigh-in:

GROUP 1 – Lost 14.7 pounds (6 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 2 – Lost 0.6 pounds (4 out of 7 members reporting)
    GROUP 3 – Lost 16.5 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 4 – Lost 11.7 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 5 – Lost 2.8 pounds (4 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 6 - No Check-Ins (0 out of 7 members)
    GROUP 7 – Lost 2.5 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 8 – Lost 2.8 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 9 – Lost 2.2 pounds (6 out of 9 members reporting)
    GROUP 10 – Lost 2.1 pounds (3 out of 4 members reporting)

GRAND TOTALS – 55 moms checked in, 55.9 pounds lost

Bragging rights go to Group 3 for losing the most weight! (Yay, team! That’s my group!!)

But before you get too excited, I also calculated the “% to GW” totals for each group. This is important, as there are major weight differences between each group with each member having a different amount of pounds to lose to reach her goal weight. I also could only calculate this percentage for the members who reported a GW. Here are the “% to GW” totals:

GROUP 1 – 2.62%
    GROUP 2 – 0.17%
    GROUP 3 – 6.3%
    GROUP 4 – 2.82%
    GROUP 5 – 0.36%
    GROUP 6 – No Check-Ins
    GROUP 7 – 1.46%
    GROUP 8 – 2.24%
    GROUP 9 – 1.18%
    GROUP 10 – 16.41%

Bragging rights go to Group 10 for the highest percentage!

Now you know how the other groups are doing.

Will someone please, oh please, adopt Group 6? I’d volunteer my group, but I’m not a captain.

Any suggestions for future updates? Did you find this helpful at all?? If yes, I can put all this info in an official chart and do it each week. Send me a message , and let me know! I included all the group names below, in case other captains want to check out what the other groups are doing….

Good luck with Monday’s weigh in!!

-- Future Hot Mamas – Group 3
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MAMA group 4 (closed group)
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MOM group 5
    -- Hot Moms Group 6 (closed group)
    -- “Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom” Group 7
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom?!: GROUP 8 CLOSED THREAD.
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom-Group 9 (closed group)
    -- Hot Mom (Closed group)-Mommies in Control
  • becky611
    becky611 Posts: 77
    Options
    Good morning ladies and happy Monday :tongue:
    I hope everyone had a good weekend. I just had my second weigh in since starting this Hot Mom Challenge and I am down another 1.8 pounds.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies and happy Monday :tongue:
    I hope everyone had a good weekend. I just had my second weigh in since starting this Hot Mom Challenge and I am down another 1.8 pounds.

CONGRATS!!!!
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Way to go Cherrie and Becky!! You are doing great!!

I was running late this morning, so forgot to weigh in, but will do it tomorrow morning and post...I don't think I lost anything, if anything, I gained...ugh!! I started the weekend off pretty well, got in a 6.5 mile run and ate fairly well on Saturday. But then yesterday, we ended up having an improntu pool party at our house, which ended up including cocktails and a lot of food...feeling very bloated this morning, and TOM also arrived, again...just had it 2 weeks ago...so done with this and wish I could just flip the switch and turn it off. Anyone else dealing with the premenopause stuff??

Well, hope everyone is having a super Monday!!
    Tammy
  • Cherilea
    Options
    Wjust had it 2 weeks ago...so done with this and wish I could just flip the switch and turn it off. Anyone else dealing with the premenopause stuff??

TOM pretty much visits me the same time every month...when I told the doc that, he seemed pretty surprised. But I do wish for a switch! Im done having children so I really don't need to go through this stuff every month still...there isn't a reason for it. I've been wishing for an "off" button for several years now! lol I can do without the bloat, sore boobs, and the cramps...some days they are the double you over in pain cramps! :huh:
  • becky611
    Options
    bump
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM? - GROUP RESULTS, 8/1 Weigh-In

CDWwq.png

Way to go, Groups 3 & 4!! You've had two weeks of all members checking in, and your numbers are showing the difference!

One member suggested listing "% of weight loss" per group. When I ran the numbers, I didn't feel they were a good reflection of the weight lost, as some members only have to lose a very small percentage of their current weight to get to their goal weights while others have to lose a much larger percentage. Let's just keep on tracking "% to GW." Hopefully, some groups will make it to the GW's before the challenge ends!

Please take a minute to review the following goal weights and percentages for your team listed below. I received these numbers from either the original "Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom" posting or from your group posting. This "Goal Weight" is the weight you would like to be on December 31, 2011 -- the official end of this challenge. If your goal weights are not accurate, then the "% to GW" column will not reflect your progress. For example, members with "% to GW" of 8.69% or higher as of today are on track to reach their group goal weights by December 31.

AoRg0.png

If you are below 8.69%, don't sweat it! You still have 21 weeks to get to your GW! If you would like to make a change, just send me a message.

FYI -- I also don’t think “2917bogle” exists. Looking at the original posting, I believe the username is actually “bogle34.” I’d suggest sending her a personal message to get her to start reporting her weigh-ins.
    -- Future Hot Mamas – Group 3
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MAMA group 4 (closed group)
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MOM group 5
    -- Hot Moms Group 6 (closed group)
    -- “Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom” Group 7
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom?!: GROUP 8 CLOSED THREAD.
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom-Group 9 (closed group)
    -- Hot Mom (Closed group)-Mommies in Control
  • Cherilea
    Options
    COME ON Group 5!! We need all of our group members to check in. How about a roll call??

Im here!!!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm here! I will send out a message to everyone later today :)
  • becky611
    Options
    Im here...has anyone heard from the rest of our group??
  • jend114
    Options
    sending out messages to everyone today
  • jend114
    Options
    messages sent to everyone who hasn't checked in so far today.
  • tamcrit
    Options
    I'm here!! Weigh in this morning was 166.4, so that is a loss of 2.6 pounds...now to just keep that number going down!!
  • Cherilea
    Options
    Woo-HOOOOO!
  • tamcrit
    Options
    Well, I just typed out a long post, hit post reply and it vanished, so here goes round 2...now if I can just remember what I said...

Weekends in general are tough for me. For the past several months, I have had a pattern of losing 3-5 pounds during the week, only to regain it over the weekend and be back up 3-5 pounds on Monday. A lot of it is due to summer time activities - picnics, BBQs, pool cocktails, etc., but it has really been frustrating me.

SO, here is my current challenge...We are having two mini vacations the next two weekends...This weekend, we are going to our river house with friends. We live in San Diego, CA, so the "river" is the Colorado River and we have a house on the river in Parker, AZ. This will involve drinking, not the best food choices, and no workouts other than some swimming (it will be about 110*). Then, the following weekend, we are going to Las Vegas, which will be the same. Do I just give myself permission to focus on just maintaining and be okay with that rather than trying to lose during the next two weeks, which may be unrealistic and just frustrate me more? How do you all deal with vacations? Any suggestions and support will be appreciated!! Thank you, Tammy
  • curlyjayne
    curlyjayne Posts: 120
    Options
    hi everyone, sorry have not checked in until today as I have been on holidays.
    My new weigh in is 168.
    what day do we have to check in and record our weight loss?
    jayne x
  • Cherilea
    Options
    . Do I just give myself permission to focus on just maintaining and be okay with that rather than trying to lose during the next two weeks, which may be unrealistic and just frustrate me more? How do you all deal with vacations? Any suggestions and support will be appreciated!! Thank you, Tammy

If I were you, I would just focus on maintaining. Don't worry about trying lose pounds on vacation. Enjoy yourself, make wise food choices along the way, but I wouldn't obsess about every little detail. Have fun!
  • tamcrit
    Options
    . Do I just give myself permission to focus on just maintaining and be okay with that rather than trying to lose during the next two weeks, which may be unrealistic and just frustrate me more? How do you all deal with vacations? Any suggestions and support will be appreciated!! Thank you, Tammy

If I were you, I would just focus on maintaining. Don't worry about trying lose pounds on vacation. Enjoy yourself, make wise food choices along the way, but I wouldn't obsess about every little detail. Have fun!

Thanks Cherrie - I am down 3 more pounds this morning, so I have done well this week. I have decided to do just as you suggest, and just not totally blow it and set myself back. I am packing some of my own foods to have on hand for snacks (fruit, Balance Bars, protein powder, almonds, Crystal Lite, etc.) so that I can hopefully control my food to some extent. For the drinking, I am going to try to just not totally overdo it. I am taking Crystal Lite to mix Vodka drinks and Coors Light is the "river beer". Since it will be so hot, I am planning to make myself drink a glass of water between my alcoholic drinks, so hopefully that will help. Hopefully I will have the strength to stick to my plan.
  • chari2011
    chari2011 Posts: 108
    Options
    Hi girls! I have been so busy studying but I will be in touch more often.

Ecwy7.jpg
  • curlyjayne
    curlyjayne Posts: 120
    Options
    Hi all
    What day do you want me to record my weigh in, as back of holidays and back to it.
    I am exercising a lot more, managed 6 miles yesterday and I am back focused on filling in the food diary.
    target weight here i come!
    jayne x