Sexy in Six Week 4

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Okay...I added in my lunch. I think I've accounted for everything, and today may be my ONE day over this week...which is good that it's at the beginning of the week as opposed to closer to next weigh in. Gonna have to work hard at the gym tonight!:wink: I may not eat all my afternoon snacks. I'll adjust as needed.
    Breakfast
    Old Orchard - Healthy Balance Pomegrante Cranberry, 8 FL OZ 29 calories
    Multi Grain Cheerios & Banana, 1 meal 255 calories
    One A Day - Womens Multi Vitamin, 1 tablet 0 calories
    284 total breakfast calories

AM snacks
    Kashi Tlc - Soft Baked Ripe Strawberry Cereal Bar, 1 bar (35 mg) 110 calories
    Coffee - ground, 2 cup 0 calories
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30 calories
    140 total AM snack calories

Lunch
    Chinese - Chicken and Broccoli, 1.5 cups 300 calories
    Rice - White, glutinous, cooked, 0.25 cup 42 calories
    Unknown - Egg Roll, 1 roll 110 calories
    Generic Restaurant - Wonton Soup, 1 cup 181 calories
    Cookies - Fortune, 1 cookie 30 calories
    Pot Stickers With Sweet and Sour Sauce, 3 pieces and 1 tbsp sauce 90 calories
    753 total lunch calories

Afternoon snacks
    Kashi - TLC Chewy Granola Bars - Cherry Dark Chocolate, 1 bar 120 calories
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 2 small (2-1/2" dia) (approx 4 per lb) 110 calories
    230 total Afternoon snack calories

Dinner
    Tilapia - Fish, 4 oz. (1 filet) 98 calories
    Uncle Ben's - Fast & Natural Whole Grain Instant Brown Rice, 1 cup cooked 170 calories
    PLUS some kind of vegetable...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    w1: 167
    w2: 163.5
    w3: 163.5
    w4: 162.5

Goal: 6lbs
    Progress: -4.5lbs
    Goal: 15% of 29= 4.35 pounds (so we will say 5 pounds or 0.8 pounds per week).
    Goal weight in 6 weeks: 162 pounds (final weigh in will be November 25th).
    OR
    Goal: 20% of 29= 5.8 pounds (so we will say 6 pounds or 1 pounds per week).
    Goal weight in 6 weeks: 161 pounds (final weigh in will be November 25th).

I am amazed. This is actually doable! I'm almost there, gotta keep chugging along.

Connie- please do make it there to vote! Dance in line if you need to burn calories. You might look like a nut though. :wink:

Kristin- I hope the Chinese lunch went well. I'm supposed to be meeting friends for dinner (Chinese and sushi) on Friday. I'm excited. As long as I stick mostly to the sushi, I figure I'll be alright.

TJones- Where was the vacation? Did you have a blast?

AmyLou- I couldn't agree more! This site is great for starting over each and every day. Even if you did great the day before, it's no excuse for today, you have to keep up the greatness. And if you slipped yesterday, start over on your clean slate today. So encouraging!!!

Katy- You are a star!! Keep up the great work!!

Everyone else, sorry I can't comment but I have to get back to work now :grumble:

xo,
    me
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I'll make it there to vote as long as Im not taking my son to the hospital. He is not keeping anything down. Not even water and I just dont want him to get dehydrated along with he is running a fever, not a high one but I tried to give him medicine and about 20 minutes later he threw up so hopefully some of it soaked through to where it needs to go.

Connie
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Connie...I'm SO sorry to here about your little one. I hope he gets feeling better quick and that no one else catches it. I'm thinking of you.:flowerforyou:

Lauryn...you are doing FABULOUS! Keep up the good work!:drinker:

AmyLou...you are definetely right about each new day! That's the only thing that keeps me going sometimes.

Well...I have a few more hours here at work...doing good. Still don't know about the afternoon snack...full from lunch. I'll check back probably once more before I leave here and head to the gym.

Have a good afternoon ladies!
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Connie I am sorry to hear that you have the stomach bug in your home. I hope your son is better soon and that the rest of you dont get it. Nothing worse!

I dropped off my vote last night so that I didnt have to mess with it today. It was hectic last night so I can only imagine what it is like today.

I am going to go to the gym tonight. I have a feeling it wont be busy at all as everyone will be at home watching the TV or out at bars , etc watching with friends. I didnt get to walk today as it was my parent help day.

here is my menu for the day

B- Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal, Decaf Nonfat No whip Gingersnap Latte from starbucks
    S- 1 sheet lowfat honey graham cracker, 1/2 apple(PreK snack at school with the kids)
    L-1/2 half pear, 2 tablespoons hummus, 1 piece Trader Joe's Middle Eastern Flatbread, 1/2 slice Zucchini bread
    S- other half pear, half cup cottage cheese
    D-Trader Joes Tandori Maan with Pesto and artichoke hearts
    S- not sure if there will be one, still need to add up all the points/calories to see what will be left.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Amy...your meal plan is AWESOME! Nice work!!!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    do we get exercise calories for standing in line for 2 hrs to vote????:wink: i want more calories to have more homemade spring rolls.....
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Do some jumping jacks!:wink::laugh:
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Hello Everyone

I went to Dallas, Texas I reallllly want to move there! Um Before I discuss my meal plan so far for today, I wanted to say Thank you to you ladies who show me that you can eat real food and lose. I feel so restricted at times because I really want to lose and I'm scared that I'm not doing it right. EX. MFP advises me to eat 1700 calories but a PT advised me to only eat 1000. BUT if you add in the worrying about the sodium, fat, carbs, protein, etc...whew its a lot. I feel like I eat like a bird but gain like a hippo but eating like a bird causes me to cheat faster because I feel so restricted.

I weigh in tonight before kick boxing class

B. yogurt, pear
    S pear
    L Bean, cheese, rice burrito ( i left my packed lunch at work while voting), Bite size almond joy and Bite size snicker
    D Slimfast chocolate shake
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hello Everyone

I went to Dallas, Texas I reallllly want to move there! Um Before I discuss my meal plan so far for today, I wanted to say Thank you to you ladies who show me that you can eat real food and lose. I feel so restricted at times because I really want to lose and I'm scared that I'm not doing it right. EX. MFP advises me to eat 1700 calories but a PT advised me to only eat 1000. BUT if you add in the worrying about the sodium, fat, carbs, protein, etc...whew its a lot. I feel like I eat like a bird but gain like a hippo but eating like a bird causes me to cheat faster because I feel so restricted.

I weigh in tonight before kick boxing class

B. yogurt, pear
    S pear
    L Bean, cheese, rice burrito ( i left my packed lunch at work while voting), Bite size almond joy and Bite size snicker
    D Slimfast chocolate shake

Hey girl! Sounds like you have the right attitude! All I can advise is eat all your calories! It really makes a difference! If you eat too little, your body goes into this "storage" mode (as I call it...others call it starvation mode) but it will hang onto whatever you consume and "store" it in places that we don't want it to (i.e. hips, butt, etc). I know...I've been there! But if you eat all your calories (and don't forget to make sure to include what you burn with exercise...so if you should eat 1700 and burn 400 than you should really eat 2100 calories) you will lose probably a little slower, but it WILL come off!!! AND it will be SO much easier to keep off! So...that's my only advice. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    tjones7....sure doesn't seem like you eat enough. i just meet with a personal trainer yesterday and he told me that people need to eat their exercise calories it's very important. he said he was going to check out this website he uses another one, but, said he would check us out.
    i know some days i have loads of calories to eat. i do/don't eat them. depends on how i am feeling hungry wise. i know for me i have to stay as close as possible or i don't loss.
    losing weight is always a mind game and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't, readjusting and adjusting. but, than again isn't life.......
    stay focused.....you can do this
    cathy
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Amy, your menu sounds yummy :happy:

Kristin, good for you!! I'm on track today too. One day at a time :happy:

Cathy, that's a long time to wait - yikes! Can't wait to see the results though...

tjones, I'm also a certified personal trainer and that is not enough food!!! Look at my menu today. That is a total of 1900 calories and it's a lot of seriously healthy and seriously tasty food.

Well, things are going well today so far. Although Cass still hasn't said hi... I went to the gym and did my C25K run on the tread mill then my step class (which was a huge disappointment - bad instructors just kill it for me!). I'm hoping to do the push-up challenge later on. My meal plan was modified to replace the after work-out protein shake with a protein bar and 5 little pakoras. Put me over my sodium but it's still under 2000mg. I'll stay on track for the rest of the day and end up 12 calories under my target. Pretty good!! :bigsmile:

I need to transfer Leith to the bed (he's asleep on me) then get the bison chili started!! YUM!!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good work Rhiannon!:drinker:

Cass...where are you?:sad:

I'm getting ready to head to the gym!!!!!!!! No afternoon snacks after all! I'll check back later my peeps!
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Correction! I have 1610! I've heard the "eat your calories" before BUT I NEVER EAT MY EXERCISE CALORIES I didn't know I was suppose to. A doctor told me I was insulin resistant that's why I'm not losing BUT I am a firm believer in the power of the tongue so I won't claim that problem BUT I will make an effort to eat my calories. BUT like now, I'm not hungry and once Ai leave work, i will head straight to the gym and I'm always scared that if I eat afterward then I will waist my workout. LAWD HELP ME!!!!!!!!! I'm so nervous to get on this scale.

PEDAL HOUND, I know what you mean about bad instructors They kill your motivation! I was in a boxing class and the instructor was so bad and sad that i thought about punching myself for relief...lol

??? I'm trying to log my exercise DO you guys think that kickboxing tae-bo style is the same as kickboxing martial arts style. ( because that's what pops up )

thank you ,

have fun in class everyone who's working out this evening.
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Old crew:
    Cathy (Chipper) START W:217.2 ----CURR W: 214.0 GOAL LOSS 10/12----PROGRESS -3.2
    Amy (pdxmomof2) SW 195...CW 195........GW 183.......PROGRESS 0.0
    Cass (cassangelidy) ---- SW: 189.8---CW: 186.0---PROGRESS: -3.8lbs .
    Rhiannon (PedalHound) ---- SW: 181lbs---CW 178.2 lbs---PROGRESS: -2.8lbs
    Deb (DebLaf) SW:204.4 CW: 204.6 GW: 199--PROGRESS +0.2lbs.
    Katy (KatyK)--- SW:198--- GW: 186--- CW:191.8 --- PROGRESS -6.2lbs
    Robin (Pettmybunny) SW: 191.5~~~ GOAL LOSS: 10~~~ PROGRESS: -3.5
    Kristin (kistinbee) SW 161.5, GW 155.5, CW 162 Goal to lose 6 pounds.

New additions:
    Lauryn (Lauryn1981)
    START: 167, CURRENT: 164, GOAL LOSS:6 -- PROGRESS: -3.0lbs
    Connie (Connieq288)Start 273, Current 275, Goal Loss 12 lbs--- Progress + 2 lbs
    Amy (Amylou24) ---START: 160, Current 158.4, GOAL LOSS: 10, PROGRESS - 1.6lbs
    Shanell (Nellienell12) ---START: 213.5, GOAL LOSS: 12, PROGRESS: -3.5 lbs
    Tammara (drtamm) ---START 232, CURRENT 230, GOAL 8lbs,PROGRESS -2lbs

I guess I'm down 1.5 lbs this week.

Hello everyone!:happy:

Everyone sounds so busy. I'm glad Halloween is over. My dad made some really good pumkin cookies Halloween night and gave me some to take home, but I was the only one eating them (but I counted it). So to get rid of it, I took it to work for my co-worker to eat.:devil: Then I took a bunch a candy to work for everyone also, so that it's not sitting around my house either.

It was funny today. I work at a distribution warehouse in the shipping dept and we had a sales rep for a trucking company come in and bring 2 dozen Dunkin Donuts, MMMMMMMM!!! I didn't eat a single bite, but everyone else did. I told them it wasn't worth my calories. :laugh:

I'm getting better at this thing, just not good at the exercise thing, but I know it is something that I need to work on. I do try to move more to make up for it.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Here's my menu for tonight.
    B- Toast w/ butter and cereal w/ milk
    S- Yogurt and a pear
    L- Turkey Healthy Choice meal
    didn't have an afternoon snack
    D- Chicken and brocolli pot pie
    S- Need to find something for 500 cals
  • PedalHound
    Options
    WOOOHOOOO!!!! I'm in tears right now with joy over your election results. Not meaning to offend anyone, just had to say so!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • lynzz
    lynzz Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!
    I joined in back in week 1 right before my computer crashed, then went on vacation. I just finally got my computer back, so here I am!! :smile: I have not logged my food for a couple of weeks now, and was terrified to get on the scale.....I did today and.........

Current Weight -153
    Starting Weight - 155
    Thanksgiving Goal - 149

So down 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks which leaves another 4 pounds. Hopefully, I will be able to get back on track!!!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Welcome back Lynzz!

Here is the plan for tomorrow:

1: porridge
    2: blueberries, banana & smart bran in a bowl
    3: alfalfa sprout & salsa omelette in a whole wheat tortilla
    4: 1 homemade muffin w/ apple butter
    5: Luna bar
    6: steamed cauliflower & carrots w/ hummus
    7: 1 homemade muffin w/ apple butter (I'm short on ideas right now)
    8: protein shake after the gym
    9: mixed green salad & baken salmon fillet
    10: brazil nuts & protein shake

I'm doing my favourite step class tomorrow although I'm so sore and exhausted, it will be a stretch! I'm not all that excited about my meals tomorrow... I need to peek through my cookbooks and get some new ideas flowing. I've also got so many low calorie foods in my repertoire that it can take a lot to fill in a day!

Well, I'm exhausted and need to actually get some sleep. I want to start getting more sleep but I'm out of the habit of going to bed at a reasonable time. I'll keep trying!!

Kristin, Amy, how did you do the rest of today??
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey ladies!

No exercise yesterday, I took the day off.

Foodwise today- fiber one cereal, skim milk, egg whites/snack-baby carrots, cheesestick, fiber one bar/lunch not sure/ snack- banana maybe/dinner- not sure either!

Going to go to the gym this morning I believe for exercise.

Hope you all have a great day! I'll comment more later on!

:heart:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Yea!!! The election is over, yesterday was a long day. I have been in tears this morning too. I can't believe how emotional I am as I age. Happy with the results.:smile:

Here are my stats for today. Only 1 pound down, but better than up. I really did not expect a loss this week. I missed several days of exercise, did not drink my water most of the days, and ate too many calories several of those days. I'm not sure what to make of this. Maybe it's sort of payback for the weeks I've worked hard and saw a small gain or maybe it will come back to haunt me next week. My goal for today is to get back on track with my drinking water. I plan to get at least 6 cups of water in today.

Deb (DebLaf) SW:204.4 CW: 203.4 GW: 199--PROGRESS -1.0 lbs.

Katy, You are doing awesome as usual. You are an inspiration.

Lynzz, Good job on a 2 pound loss even while on vacation.

Shanell, You're doing great 27 pounds is a nice total loss.

Sorry to hear about the gains, but maybe your body is readjusting to your new weights and changing things up a bit will help.

Today:

1:oatmeal w/ 1tsp brown sugar splenda, 8 dried cherries, 3 oz. oj, coffee w/ creamer & 1tsp. sugar
    2:apple
    Not sure yet

Exercise: 1 hour workout at community center