Sexy in Six Week 4

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

For the past year and a half (since I started eating better and exercising), I have made sure to eat breakfast. Suddenly, I am no longer hungry in the mornings. I still have my morning coffee (with creamer, 124 calories) but I no longer feel the need for my toast with cream cheese or bagel (roughly 120 calories).

What is the negative about not eating a solid food breakfast?

I still eat these calories, just with dinner. And if my coffee satiates me, do I need to eat?

In all fairness, this 'not hungry' deal is foreign and new to me, and has only been here for a week, so next week I might be starving and eating breakfast again. But assuming it lasts, tell me if it's bad to skip breakfast (although I still have my coffee!) and eat those calories later.

Thanks in advance!!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    bad to skip breakfast. you should eat breakfast. it's what gets everything going and on the move in your body. It's your kick start....EAT BREAKFAST, even if it is just toast and jelly or something.
    try something different and small if your not hungry. i am surprised your not. because i want my breakfast when i get up. if i don't eat it when i normally do, tummy rumbles an hour or so later. loudly at that......
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Hello all. :flowerforyou:

I joined this challenge when it first started and haven't followed through with it like I'd hoped I would. I haven't been keeping up with my exercise as intently as I would've liked . . . but, today is a new day!

Just wanted to say I have been reading the posts and congratulations to all of you for sticking with it, pulling through and losing! (In a good way :laugh: )
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hey ladies!!

Rough start to the morning today, not feeling well AT ALL!! But I am dragging myself to class here in a little while, luckily I only have one today. Really puts a damper on my exercise plan for a run outside this afternoon but I will see how well I am feeling and will at least get a walk in while the good weather lasts!!

As for food, I have a plan but not sure how well it will stick so I will update again later if need be.
    B: multi-grain cheerios, skim milk, cran grape juice
    S: sugar free strawberry jello cup
    L: either soup or a slice of leftover pizza and carrots and celery (depending on how I'm feeling after class)
    S: Fiber one bar if need be
    D: Not sure, steamed veggies an rice maybe or more soup if I'm still feeling icky.

There's been a little something going around our department so I'm crossing my fingers that I'm not getting that but planning to drink lots of water and try not to stress too much today and see if that helps. :ohwell:

Hope your mornings are all good so far!!
    Deb and Pedal - I am quite happy after last night as well!! :happy:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Deb, congrats! That's great!!

Lauryn, hunger isn't *always* an indicator of what our bodies need. Just as we can feel falsely hungry due to other factors such as fatigue, stress, emotion etc we can also feel falsely like we are NOT hungry. If there is one time of day you should assume that your body needs food it is in the morning. You haven't put anything in your system for several hours and although coffee may seem to satiate you, like Cathy said the food we eat in the morning sets everything up for the day. It stimulates the digestive system, it signals your metabolism in a good way. Everyone should eat within an hour of waking up and even if it's something small it's very very important. I hope you do that! Maybe have a piece of toast or something before your coffee?

Well, I feel like I'm waking up in a new world today and my heart is just singing. May it carry over and compensate for my scale woes! ..I need to hide that thing - I think I'm addicted again!

We have a playdate to keep so I'll be back later!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Hey ladies!!

Rough start to the morning today, not feeling well AT ALL!! But I am dragging myself to class here in a little while, luckily I only have one today. Really puts a damper on my exercise plan for a run outside this afternoon but I will see how well I am feeling and will at least get a walk in while the good weather lasts!!

As for food, I have a plan but not sure how well it will stick so I will update again later if need be.
    B: multi-grain cheerios, skim milk, cran grape juice
    S: sugar free strawberry jello cup
    L: either soup or a slice of leftover pizza and carrots and celery (depending on how I'm feeling after class)
    S: Fiber one bar if need be
    D: Not sure, steamed veggies an rice maybe or more soup if I'm still feeling icky.

There's been a little something going around our department so I'm crossing my fingers that I'm not getting that but planning to drink lots of water and try not to stress too much today and see if that helps. :ohwell:

Hope your mornings are all good so far!!
    Deb and Pedal - I am quite happy after last night as well!! :happy:

Poor you - that's no fun!! I hope you feel better :flowerforyou:
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Good morning fellow SIS'ers,

It is a good morning! I am pleased with yesterdays events!

My 13 year old is being a pill this morning. He is acting much like a typical 13 year old even though he is Autistic. He has just gotten his favorite things taken from him. That is the only way we can deal with his attitude as not much else matters to him. I hate doing it but he is being awful today.

It is raining here. I have been torn all morning between helping out at school to get ready for the fall carnival and doing my walk. I dont have a problem walking in the rain but having something else temp me is hard. I want to be selfish and get my walk in. Just dont know. I have 15 minutes to make up my mind!

Not sure about the whole days menu...

Breakfast was Kashi Cinnamon Harvest and 1/2 cup milk. 1/2 pear.
    no am snack if I walk
    Lunch ??
    Afternoon snack - other half of pear, kashi pumpkin flax crunchy granola bar
    Dinner- light enchiladas with chicken(recipe in my Everyday Food Magazine)
    PM Snack- 1 piece Zucchini Bread

Lots of water!!!

Everyone have a good day and I will check back later with cals burned either walking or going to gym!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Well, it was definately a better morning today than it was yesterday! I made it to the gym for the first time in a week, the last few days have been out with the stomach ick. I must feel better today, because I gave it to my DH, and now he feels punky. I did 20 minutes on the arc trainer, 35 minutes on weights, and an hour in the water aerobics class. In retrospect, I may have overdone it a bit, since I was shaking when getting out of the pool, but woot woot, an extra 800 calories (am going by what the machines and MFP said, since my HRM says I burn double or triple that amount) to eat today. Not sure what the rest of the day holds for me foodwise, but so far...
    B: Cinnamon oatmeal w/ 1TBSP each raisins and slice almonds (259 cal)
    S: South Beach maple nut cereal bar (Thank God I had it in my gym bag, ate it after water aerobics) (110 cal)
    L: Skillet veggies (spinach, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, and garbanzo nuts) and pork chop (403 cals)
    S: ?
    D: ?

I'm always so impressed with you gals who can plan the whole days foods everyday. The only days I come close are on the days I work. Way to go youse guys!:drinker:
    -Robin
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Quick check-in. It's almost 2pm here and I am just starting on my 3rd cup of water. I will sit here until I finish my 4th, then the rest will be easy.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ok, it's done. Now is time to get back to home work. Hope all you wonderful ladies are having a great day out there.:happy:
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Hello everyone
    Congrats to everyone who is doing what they are suppose to and stay in the fight for those of you who are slacking.
    well I went to the gym last night and almost cried 1st the kickboxing instructor was not the best 2nd the trainer/instructor that I enjoy QUIT!!!!!!! and I didn't get to say bye. but I worked out though kickboxing and water aerobics.

i weighed myself and i am not doing the best It's week 4 and I've only lost 1 pound but TOM is her too. 4 weeks ago.... I would have been cried but I am on a new campaign of " never being the same as yesterday" i told myself that I would never weigh what i weighed yesterday and i won't
    THANKS FOR READING...lol

1w298
    2w????/
    3w????
    4W 297
    Goal is 278

B 3 egg whites( by the way make sure you log it how you ate it cause boiled egg whites are less than regular egg whites):tongue:
    yogurt
    S raw pear, apple
    L salmon and spinach
    S yogurt
    D????????

I have dance aerobics tonight for 45 mins. So excited.
    Old crew:
    Cathy (Chipper) START W:217.2 ----CURR W: 214.0 GOAL LOSS 10/12----PROGRESS -3.2
    Amy (pdxmomof2) SW 195...CW 195........GW 183.......PROGRESS 0.0
    Cass (cassangelidy) ---- SW: 189.8---CW: 186.0---PROGRESS: -3.8lbs .
    Rhiannon (PedalHound) ---- SW: 181lbs---CW 178.2 lbs---PROGRESS: -2.8lbs
    Deb (DebLaf) SW:204.4 CW: 204.6 GW: 199--PROGRESS +0.2lbs.
    Katy (KatyK)--- SW:198--- GW: 186--- CW:191.8 --- PROGRESS -6.2lbs
    Robin (Pettmybunny) SW: 191.5~~~ GOAL LOSS: 10~~~ PROGRESS: -3.5
    Kristin (kistinbee) SW 161.5, GW 155.5, CW 162 Goal to lose 6 pounds.

New additions:
    Lauryn (Lauryn1981)
    START: 167, CURRENT: 164, GOAL LOSS:6 -- PROGRESS: -3.0lbs
    Connie (Connieq288)Start 273, Current 275, Goal Loss 12 lbs--- Progress + 2 lbs
    Amy (Amylou24) ---START: 160, Current 158.4, GOAL LOSS: 10, PROGRESS - 1.6lbs
    Shanell (Nellienell12) ---START: 213.5, GOAL LOSS: 12, PROGRESS: -3.5 lbs
    Tammara (drtamm) ---START 232, CURRENT 230, GOAL 8lbs,PROGRESS -2lbs
    Tan (tjones7) Start 298, Current 297, Goal 20 pounds Progress is -1 pound
  • chipper15173
    Options
    i have fallen bad....had gone out for lunch and ate and ate and ate again when i got home:noway: . i still have the rest of the day to get going on recovery. it is out of my system thank goodness. i had all the things i have been craving for the last 2 weeks. feel better. this is the first time i didn't record my whole lunch. since i started this in july. i feel so guilty:sad:
    be back later.
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Chipper, how many times have I heard you cheering the rest of us on when we've slipped a little. You've told us to dust off and jump back on the wagon! To hang in there, and not let ourselves beat ourselves up! So don't you start doing it to yourself! Go ahead and log everything you ate, at least you won't feel guilty about not doing that. And know that one meal or two meals of splurge are not going to mess up everything for you. It's important though, that you don't let it derail you for the rest of the day, if you get back to eating a healthy meal or snack later, you'll feel so much better. Hang in there chickey! We're all rooting for you!
    -Robin
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Cathy :flowerforyou: You have lost over SEVENTY POUNDS!!! That's an amazing amount of weight and you do so well all the time! Like Robi said, if you just jump right back in, RIGHT NOW, you'll feel so much better. Log your food, have a healthy snack later on and go a round or two with some heartrate-elevating activity and realize that in the long run this won't mean a thing unless you allow it to continue. :flowerforyou:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Cathy,

It's ok to take a break once in a while. Enjoy it. You have really lost a lot of weight. Take some time to think about how far you've come and feel good about it. When your ready you will start again with a renewed motivation and energy. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies...

So morning started off not how I wanted..didnt go to the gym bc I didnt have enought time before class, so as of now I still havent exercised.

Food so far- egg whites, fiber one, skim milk snacks- baby carrots, string chz, banana and fiber one bar. Didnt eat lunch- forgot actually and just ate my fiber one bar during a class break. Ate the banana on the way home..

Appetite still isnt back 100%. I am on TOM now (officially yesterday started after being off-kilter from being on then off the depo shot, then losing weight). Just having a negative day lol. I was going to go to the gym by my house, but the babysitter I use had to go into work at 4p today and I needed her from 430-630p. :grumble:

I just REALLY need to get some pent up energy turned frustration out lol. Im gonna try and go cram in atleast 15min on the treadmill here in the office of my apts...they close at 5p- so I'll check back in a little bit.

cathy-72lbs!!! Holy smokes that is AWESOME!!! Your lunch today wont make you gain it back- and you cured your cravings so you proly wont get another for a while :)

Pedal- congrats on your 40lb down total!!! That is so fabulous!!!!

Amy- hope you dont get blown sick- just rest and get plenty of fluids for the next 2 or 3 days and eat up fresh fruits and veggies and maybe pop some vit c and ecinaecha(spelling??) maybe that could help stop you from getting any worse :)

The rest of you ladies Ill comment on later!!

:heart:

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Just checking in ladies.

Cathy - I agree with everyone else, you've done such a PHENOMENAL job of losing the weight so far. You have so much to be proud of and Katy is right, that lunch isn't going to make that ll come back and sometimes you just have to feed those cravings once to get that little voice in your head to shut up (typically mine is saying "chocolate....chocolate...chocolate....haha). So now its just about stepping back and looking at the bigger picture, i.e. the amazing 72 lbs. you've lost!!

Katy - thanks for the kind words and advice. I feel like a camel today because I've been gulping down the water and crystal light to stay hydrated because I know that's always my big challenge when I'm sick. I will have to pick up some echinacea at the store, that's a good idea.

Unfortunately the work of a student is never done! (as I know a few of you are used to!) I have a wedding out of town this weekend so I am trying to knock out a paper today so I don't have to worry about it friday AND I have a Biostatistics test tomorrow. UGH!!! Seriously like the worst class ever. But I will make it through!!

wanted to pop in and say hi (okay, and take a little study break) but now its back to work!!! :grumble:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Kristin, how are you??

CASS! I'm going to come find you!!

Amy, haven't heard much from you either!

:flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    thanks for the kind words all.....funny you all say look at the 72#s. that's the one thing i can't get my head around. i am finding bones, body parts, able to cross my legs in my chair and have room, my lap, fitting of clothes. but, to look at the pounds lost i just don't see it yet. i can't see it in pics either. they say this happens.
    i stuck to the rest of my planned menu. i didn't even eat all of what was planned for dinner. i am over by 290. that may seem like a little amount, but, for me i feel like it's loads. maybe cause i feel so full, and crappy. i am going to the gym tomorrow and work my behind off. i know i will get back on my road to recovery. i just hate these Y's in the road.
    well off to take a nice warm bubble bath. glad i make my own bubbles than i get just the right smell i like and doesn't cause other female problems......
    check back later.
    cathy
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    well off to take a nice warm bubble bath. glad i make my own bubbles than i get just the right smell i like and doesn't cause other female problems......
    check back later.
    cathy

I've been following Jeannie's post about the Fiber One bars and them making you toot.... I have to laugh because that's immediately what I thought of when you said "Make my own bubbles... get just the right smell" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So to update my meal plan for today....

Breakfast
    Sunmaid - Natural Calfornia Raisins, 0.0625 cup (40g) 33 cal
    Jilberts - Fat Free Skim Milk With A &D, 0.25 cup 23 cal
    Eillien's - Sliced Almonds, 0.0625 Cup 43 cal
    Quaker - Weight Control Oatmeal Cinnamon, 1 packet 160 cal
    Total Calories: 259

Snack 1
    South Beach Diet - High Protein Cereal Bar - Maple Nut, 1 bar 140 cal
    Total Calories: 140

Lunch
    Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, June thru October average, 0.5 medium whole (2-3/5" dia) 13 cal
    Dole - Spinach, 3 cups 20 cal
    Onions - Raw, 0.25 cup, chopped 17 cal
    Mushrooms - Raw, 1 cup, pieces or slices 16 cal
    Generic - Center Cut Boneless Pork Chop, 4.5 oz 240 cal
    Pam - No-Stick Cooking Spray "Original", 0.999 second spray 15 cal
    Goya - Chick Peas (Garbanzos), 1/2 cup 100 cal
    total Calories: 403

Snack 2
    Bad me, I couldn't fit it in.... taking antibiotics that have to be on an empty stomach... messed with my schedule.

Dinner
    Pictsweet - All Natural Brussels Sprouts, 9 Brussels Sprouts (85 g) 68 cal
    Vigo - Red Beans & Rice, 1 cup 190 cal
    Jilberts - Fat Free Skim Milk With A &D, 1.2 cup 108 cal
    Chicken - Thigh, meat and skin, cooked, roasted, 1 thigh, bone removed 153 cal
    Total Calories: 519

Total: 1,321 Calories
    Your Daily Goal: 1,998
    Remaining: 677
    *You've earned 798 extra calories from exercise today

-Robin
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    thanks for the kind words all.....funny you all say look at the 72#s. that's the one thing i can't get my head around. i am finding bones, body parts, able to cross my legs in my chair and have room, my lap, fitting of clothes. but, to look at the pounds lost i just don't see it yet. i can't see it in pics either. they say this happens.
    i stuck to the rest of my planned menu. i didn't even eat all of what was planned for dinner. i am over by 290. that may seem like a little amount, but, for me i feel like it's loads. maybe cause i feel so full, and crappy. i am going to the gym tomorrow and work my behind off. i know i will get back on my road to recovery. i just hate these Y's in the road.
    check back later.
    cathy

Cathy, remember -- even over by 290, you have a deficit of probably 500 calories, so even though we went over today, you are STILL on track to keep losing weight!! I'm so proud of you for getting back on track so quickly and not ruining the rest of the day. You are amazing, woman!