Is Aspartame really THAT bad?

Options
123457»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    ...right. The FDA is bought off by corporations and is out to kill every person in America. The evil government conspiracy.

Because the conspiracy theorists only point to the FDA regulating drugs and chemicals, and they ignore the USDA, so everyone else follows suit.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    ...right. The FDA is bought off by corporations and is out to kill every person in America. The evil government conspiracy.

Hm. I guess the USDA is just a mindless henchman?
  • tigersword
    Options
    Oh and don't forget, it's the aspartame in the Coke Zero that's wildly addicting, not the caffeine!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Oh and don't forget, it's the aspartame in the Coke Zero that's wildly addicting, not the caffeine!

Of course! It's what causes the withdrawal headaches too!

I thought coke Zero had Splenda though? I do know I love it far more than diet coke.
  • tigersword
    Options
    Actually Coke Zero and Diet Coke are almost identical. I believe Coke Zero has a bit more potassium (acesulfame K) and Diet Coke has slightly more caffeine.

MARKETING! IT WORKS! :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Actually Coke Zero and Diet Coke are almost identical. I believe Coke Zero has a bit more potassium (acesulfame K) and Diet Coke has slightly more caffeine.

MARKETING! IT WORKS! :laugh:

Well then, the potassium makes I difference haha! I swear it tastes better. More bitey on my tongue. Man I could go for one now. It's 90 degrees in my apartment. :sick:
  • Caitie1986
    Caitie1986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Aspartame breaks down in your gut into methanol and formaldehyde (yes, embalming fluid). Both of those substances have been shown to be extremely toxic. Even though its "made of amino acids", that doesn't mean that is how it ends up.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Aspartame breaks down in your gut into methanol and formaldehyde (yes, embalming fluid). Both of those substances have been shown to be extremely toxic. Even though its "made of amino acids", that doesn't mean that is how it ends up.

Ohhh, embalming fluid! Now I'll be well preserved. I totally want to hear how it turns into formaldehyde.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've heard it breaks down into acetone - nail polish remover. That must be why I have a hard time keeping a decent mani or pedi. The acetone is leaching through my nails. :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I've heard it breaks down into acetone - nail polish remover. That must be why I have a hard time keeping a decent mani or pedi. The acetone is leaching through my nails. :laugh:

Oh man, me too! Here I was thinking it was just from weightlifting and running.
  • Kelly50054
    Kelly50054 Posts: 141
    Options
    Aspartame: Sweet Misery A Poisoned World - FULL LENGTH
    http://youtu.be/DJ0lEZQF1-Y
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    I get mega headaches when I have it...

I switched to Truvia and it does not have the same effect...