Just a thought

Options

Replies

• SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I'm getting a little burned out on all this bickering and arguing. Just because you have an opinion does not make it right.

I'm afraid that if these public disagreements do not stop, Mike is going to pull the plug on MFP all together.

MFP'ers should never fear bringing up new ideas. I personally think that Mike should create a "Give Me Feedback" link that goes to him only so that things suggested aren't criticized or scrutinized. You can PM him, but alot of folks do not know that and when they click the feedback link, they have no idea their post will be public. I see this was posted in the chit chat thread and maybe had it been directed strictly to Mike it would not have tension and opposition interlaced within the replies.

Nice idea btw, icandoit. You are looking fantastic!

Thank you and have a nice day.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I'm getting a little burned out on all this bickering and arguing. Just because you have an opinion does not make it right.

I'm afraid that if these public disagreements do not stop, Mike is going to pull the plug on MFP all together.

MFP'ers should never fear bringing up new ideas. I personally think that Mike should create a "Give Me Feedback" link that goes to him only so that things suggested aren't criticized or scrutinized. You can PM him, but alot of folks do not know that and when they click the feedback link, they have no idea their post will be public. I see this was posted in the chit chat thread and maybe had it been directed strictly to Mike it would not have tension and opposition interlaced within the replies.

Well, I think your av sucks.

What do you think of that?

:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

Well said soupy! :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    Options

Well said soupy! :flowerforyou:

Thank you mister Jamerz.:flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    Options

Well, I think your av sucks.

What do you think of that?

I think you are right. :flowerforyou:

I will change it.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

hmmm that is a really good idea, soupy. Kinda like the suggestion box at work. I dont think any one would make a suggestion if they had to post it on a 10 x 10 white board in the middle of the room!
    I really was just trying to be silly....break the tension and laugh a little. :brokenheart:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Call me slow-- I'm not gettin' the bickering and arguing thing-- she posted a thought obviously inviting feedback which she got-- :noway:

There's no bickering--

If you don't mind me saying-- your avatar does suck. :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Just a thought....

Why do people start threads like this and never return to join the discussion caused by the hand-gernade they launched?

I see that more on this forum than anywhere else.

INCOMING!!!!!!!!
    grenade_m26a1_fragmentation.png
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I agree with icandoit.
    When its the same questions daily, maybe there should be a mandatory read section or make it better known that you can search and look back at old topics.
    Plenty of people, old and new, have been extremely informative, some have posted whole medical journal entries for our knowledge.
    I think the burnout comes from responding to the same thing all the time.
    Between the TOM threads, the what should I do if I binge threads, etc., its all very monotonous.
    A lot of questions have already been answered a hundred times.
    (insert beating dead horse smilie)
    If people took the time to use the site that mike designed and search, you would get a larger wealth of information.
    The constant bickering and uneasiness has led to people leaving in the past month or so.
    Its becoming uncomfortable and unfriendly.
    Now posts have to be scrutinized by Mike and locked if they take a complete turn towards downright fighting.

All in all, we are all here to lose weight, but please know that you can get information a lot faster by searching, and you will get more than if you post a question.

A veterans topic area would be wonderful, because there would be more advanced levels of questions, things outside the typical, I hit a plateau what now? question.
  • SoupNazi
    Options

hmmm that is a really good idea, soupy. Kinda like the suggestion box at work. I dont think any one would make a suggestion if they had to post it on a 10 x 10 white board in the middle of the room!
    I really was just trying to be silly....break the tension and laugh a little. :brokenheart:

You are silly. Thanks for always making the best of things AWTY. :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Soup needs help. :grumble:

I pay someone very well for that Max. :blushing:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Can you get a refund?

Nah....I paid him with chickens.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I have been here a while and have watched the boards. Everyone should be able to bring up a topic if you dont like the topic dont post. I love to help new and old. I learn new things everyday and would be lost with out the support of my MFP. Just my thoughts on the topic I think it is great for people who have been here a long time to discuss things and dont think it was intended to keep new people from posting if anything it would be helpful to them as they would learn about the things we are dealing with. Like I said just my thoughts. :bigsmile: icandoit you look great glad to see you on the boards :drinker:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I love Soups av, it sums up life perfectly. KEEP IT!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    I love Soups av, it sums up life perfectly. KEEP IT!!!!!!!:bigsmile:

:laugh:

:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.