Options
    I love Soup.:flowerforyou:
    she gives me tacos and burritos.
    And the best jerky.:smooched:
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options
    Just a thought....

Why do people start threads like this and never return to join the discussion caused by the hand-gernade they launched?

I see that more on this forum than anywhere else.

Good point Max. I was just thinking that myself.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I don't know if that help having it seperate. I've noticed most of the veterans posting on the chit-chat, fun and games part and not really asking questions just having fun. Being a "veteran" myself I really don't have much more questions I could ask that I haven't read on here already. I mean you don't have to hit a platueau to be a veteran. (Just one question that may be brought up)
    Yeah I see questions asked over and over again but that was happening when I first started last year and the then veterans were complaining about it then too:laugh:
    So I don't know...just my 2 cents.....:tongue:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I don't know if that help having it seperate. I've noticed most of the veterans posting on the chit-chat, fun and games part and not really asking questions just having fun. Being a "veteran" myself I really don't have much more questions I could ask that I haven't read on here already. I mean you don't have to hit a platueau to be a veteran. (Just one question that may be brought up)
    Yeah I see questions asked over and over again but that was happening when I first started last year and the then veterans were complaining about it then too:laugh:
    So I don't know...just my 2 cents.....:tongue:

Well, you get a "I'm hawt" free pass.

:flowerforyou:

:laugh: :blushing:

• SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

:smooched: :heart:

There will be extras for you now.:blushing:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

:smooched: :heart:

There will be extras for you now.:blushing:

SCORE:happy:

I love my soupy:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I dunno-- my two cents-- this is all getting silly. "These boards" for us, 42kmoig.gif"those boards" for them-- this topic here, that silliness there-- oh my-- like Ms. Chick, I don't know what constitutes a newbie or a veteran, either-- but, please-- we're all in the same boat, who the heck cares when we started rowing?

:heart: Marla:heart: ....excellent points...I'm glad you took time to share:flowerforyou:

Hope you ALL have a great Day! :drinker:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I love Soups av, it sums up life perfectly. KEEP IT!!!!!!!:bigsmile:

Well, you're from Arkansas. That explains it.

I used to be from Texas but had enough sense to leave. :laugh: I am going to be in the Ft. Worth area this weekend though so I will be hunting you down mister! All I need to do is go to the stinky Trinity River and look for your van.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I love Soups av, it sums up life perfectly. KEEP IT!!!!!!!:bigsmile:

Well, you're from Arkansas. That explains it.

I used to be from Texas but had enough sense to leave. :laugh: I am going to be in the Ft. Worth area this weekend though so I will be hunting you down mister! All I need to do is go to the stinky Trinity River and look for your van.

ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Wow. I would be figured as a old one I guess. But I feel that it is to each their own.
    I am still struggling and learning everyday. But that is not saying that it is right to have a designated group for just oldies. But that is my opinion. I don't post a whole lot, but when I do it is on a subject or a topic that I like or am apart of some challenge. It is your choice to post or not. If you don't like the topic then don't read it. If it is a repeat question then don't respond and move on. Please Please don't put it here on the boards for Newbies to read and not feel welcome.

Mike wanted a place for everybody to be able to post what they wish or have questions on.
    Mike made this site for everybody new or old.
    If you want to have discussions like this maybe it would be better to PM each other or make a scheduled time in the Chat room.
    This is just my opinion. I am sad that some members have decided to leave too. But they have moved on. I can understand that.
    Okay with that said.
    Hope I didn't step on peoples toes but it seems that a lot of toes have been stepped on lately.
    Have a great day.
    Melissa
    Thanks for taking time out to share you thoughts Melissa.:flowerforyou: ..I agree with so much of what you've shared....

Valid point... I have to agree.....the PM's/private chats.... perhaps that's the place for those that don't enjoy being on the boards to share their thoughts.... not out in the open where those of us that enjoy it here are...... not meaning to silence anyone but...... If I joined a group and my first view was squabbling...I have to say....it's not a pretty site.:cry: I'm not so sure I'd want to be sticking around:noway:

I love it here:heart: , it's working for me, that's why I STAY.... I feel it's unfortunate so many have burned out... but we all know we can leave at any time.... the door goes both ways.:drinker:

I'm not meaning that in a rude way...I"m simply saying... if I didn't want to be someone where & all I could do is whine about how I hate this and this isn't the same and yadda x 3....I would simply leave and find a place that worked better for me

...I don't know that I would stick around & continue to whine about it over and over again to the effect that everyone else is then effected, something about that just doesn't seem fair to the rest of us.:huh:

:flowerforyou: back to my happy place with my MFP buds now:bigsmile: :smooched:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I dunno-- my two cents-- this is all getting silly. "These boards" for us, 42kmoig.gif"those boards" for them-- this topic here, that silliness there-- oh my-- like Ms. Chick, I don't know what constitutes a newbie or a veteran, either-- but, please-- we're all in the same boat, who the heck cares when we started rowing?

OMG...glancing back... I giggled once again seeing your lil squabbling lil guys Marla... tee hee hee....to ofunny.... just plain too funny...if it wasn't true!! That is exactly what it's like around here at times....ALOT of times:laugh: :drinker: ....
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

00020309.gif
    I just thought this was really funny!!!!
    :laugh: :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

OMG...glancing back... I giggled once again seeing your lil squabbling lil guys Marla... tee hee hee....to ofunny.... just plain too funny...if it wasn't true!! That is exactly what it's like around here at times....ALOT of times:laugh: :drinker: ....
    :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Just a thought....

Why do people start threads like this and never return to join the discussion caused by the hand-gernade they launched?

I see that more on this forum than anywhere else.

yea, totally hear what you're saying....I can clearly picture one that totally blew itself out of the water big time and whoosh we never saw the poster again....except in similair grenade threads:laugh: :noway:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    An MFP Vet.
    When was the great war of MFP??? :laugh:
    I came back from it having lost 43lbs. Yahoo!! :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    An MFP Vet.
    When was the great war of MFP??? :laugh:
    I came back from it having lost 43lbs. Yahoo!! :bigsmile: