Options

Replies

• krose9489
    Options
    Lost four pounds this week! Thank you whoosh fairy! :drinker:
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Its hard to get the calories in for me. I know how you feel! I struggle to get to 1100 calories and when I can make it to 1200 I'm jumping for joy. I do the butter, fats, etc. I actually have to throw in a shake or a bar to help get the calories up, simply because thanks to gastric bypass, I can't eat a lot.

Thanks! I think I am gonna have to do that too because today I didn't even hit 900..I am NOT HUNGRY. I just can't eat.
    For one I don't have a lot of induction friendly foods right now since I've been on OWL for the past year ..and my family doesn't eat low carb. So I am eating what I have and I'm full and happy. I'm going to stock up this weekend though. I've been reading all of Linda's recipes again and it got my mind a thinking lol. It's fall and I like to cook in the fall. So I just hope I don't stall too much not eating enough. I hit 20 net carbs on the dot today. I can always tell I'm in Ketosis by the fact I wake up and I'm WIDE awake and I have much more energy. Low carb really rocks! 11 more lbs go goal and I will do this!

Nichole
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    YAY the whoosh fairy is getting around this week woohoo!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm eating low carb, but mostly going by what my mom taught me. (Haven't read the book or anything) I'm trying to stay around 34 net carbs, is that a good number? I'd love to have some low carb buddies, so please add me if you'd like! Looks like I have a lot of reading to do!
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm eating low carb, but mostly going by what my mom taught me. (Haven't read the book or anything) I'm trying to stay around 34 net carbs, is that a good number? I'd love to have some low carb buddies, so please add me if you'd like! Looks like I have a lot of reading to do!

Welcome!

You'll understand more about what kind's of carbs and other important things if you pick up the book. I'd find an old copy of the 2002 New Diet Revolution. It doesn't rely so much on the low carb products out there.

When you say your staying at 34 net carbs...where are the carbs coming from?
    How much do you have to lose?
    This way of eating really boosts your energy! So get ready to MOVE! LOL. The one thing I'd really have to suggest is that you give this a real shot and commit to sticking to it. Prepare your foods ahead of time as much as you can. This helps avoid the temptations. Good luck and I'm gonna send you a friend request.

Nichole
  • jedi9393
    jedi9393 Posts: 121
    Options
    whooshing??
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Somebody send the WF my way please? I have surgery on monday and want to lose another couple LBs before hand. LOL
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    It was good weigh in day for me this morning!

Happy Friday all; peace be with you all and may God bless everyone this weekend!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    It was good weigh in day for me this morning!

Happy Friday all; peace be with you all and may God bless everyone this weekend!

Glad to hear the weigh day went well, and Happy Friday to you too!!
  • Shannonigans84
    Options
    I'm close to my goal weight so two months ago when I started the first week I lost 4 lbs and I'm down another 2 since. I eat mostly meat, eggs, cheeses, nuts, green beans, broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower. I'm always over my fiber. I try to opt for turkey options but i just realized my turkey cheddar brats have 1300mg of sodium, eek! I also just realized my non dairy sugar free creamer is giving me 15g carbs in the morning! I'm really good about checking labels, not sure how I messed that up. Hopefully now I'll see the scale moving more to my liking. I read through most of this topic last night, just need to find the other threads. From what I gather I seem to be on the right track. I've found a bunch of recipes to try online. I made a delicious egg and sausage bake yesterday, boyfriend approved! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Our Fairy is upon us

smilie_fee.gif
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    I'm close to my goal weight so two months ago when I started the first week I lost 4 lbs and I'm down another 2 since. I eat mostly meat, eggs, cheeses, nuts, green beans, broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower. I'm always over my fiber. I try to opt for turkey options but i just realized my turkey cheddar brats have 1300mg of sodium, eek! I also just realized my non dairy sugar free creamer is giving me 15g carbs in the morning! I'm really good about checking labels, not sure how I messed that up. Hopefully now I'll see the scale moving more to my liking. I read through most of this topic last night, just need to find the other threads. From what I gather I seem to be on the right track. I've found a bunch of recipes to try online. I made a delicious egg and sausage bake yesterday, boyfriend approved! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Shannon,
    I refused to give up hotdogs an sausage, so I buy the nitrate and nitrite free ones, which are typically zero to 1g carb. I had to give up the SF creamer and use heavy cream or a 0g serving of half & half. It's totally doable to tweak things a bit without sacraficing.

Felicia
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Somebody send the WF my way please? I have surgery on monday and want to lose another couple LBs before hand. LOL

Hoping your surgery goes well! Maybe you'll lose weight just not eating hospital food!
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options

Hoping your surgery goes well! Maybe you'll lose weight just not eating hospital food!

I'm packing Atkins bars, drink packets and Truvia. LOL!
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options

Shannon,
    I refused to give up hotdogs an sausage, so I buy the nitrate and nitrite free ones, which are typically zero to 1g carb. I had to give up the SF creamer and use heavy cream or a 0g serving of half & half. It's totally doable to tweak things a bit without sacraficing.

Felicia

You're right, Felicia...you don't have to sacrifice. I just added coffee back into my food routine, and I use heavy whipping cream or half & half, and 2 packets of Splenda. Shannon, it's the little things that kill your carb count! So, someone on here tipped me off about enrolling for free on the official Atkins website...I did, and I got 3 free Atkins bars, some coupons, some recipes, and a handy little carb-counting book. It came within 10 days.
    Here is a yummy Chocolate Coffee Frappe recipe:
    Mix in Blender:
    Atkins Day Break Creamy Chocolate Shake
    2 cups of ice
    3 TBSP heavy cream
    1 TBSP (or packet) of instant coffee

Blend in blender, top with dollop of whipped cream.

Net carbs: 5

It makes about 2 servings, so I just drink 1/2 one day, and 1/2 the next. (2.5 carbs)
  • LowCarbForLife
    LowCarbForLife Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    IMO, ditch the powdered creamer and try adding whipping cream. I wasn't a big coffee drinker before I started low carbing but I bought my wife and daughter a Tassimo coffee maker last Christmas and when I was trying to find ways to up the fat in my diet this was one option I tried. The stuff it makes is awesome--you can buy Starbucks for it but the Tassimo or Maxwell House brands are equally good to someone like me who is not a coffee snob. I drink a big cup of joe every morning with at least a quarter cup of whipping cream in it, which gives me about 22 grams of fat. Add to the the half avocado I usually eat along with some pizza quiche or some type of eggs and cheese I feel like I am good to go with a great diet start every morning. I even bought some decaf Maxwell House and will sometimes have a cup at night too. It drives my wife crazy as she doesn't really like the taste of coffee but loves the smell.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    IMO, ditch the powdered creamer and try adding whipping cream.

Don't forget a teaspoon of coconut oil!
  • Shannonigans84
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I will try all those suggestions. I used to drink a liter of diet Pepsi everyday and now that I've switched to only having it on special occasions, coffee in the morning is my only source of caffeine.
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    Found some pictures on my work computer today from some photos taken of me from last November for a print ad. I had a coworker take some pics from today for a comparison and thought I would share.

Nov0810toOct0711.jpg

Nov0810toOct0711b.jpg