Atkins Support Group

Options

Replies

• Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    What a difference HeartLunger! Very motivating.

What does everyone do for cream cheese? The 1/3 fat and regular 8oz blocks have the same carb amount. I've been using the 1/3 fat but I'm under on calories often so I figure I might as well get the regular. I found a delicious recipe that cures a sweet tooth.

8oz cream cheese
    Container of sugar free cool whip, or equivilent if you make your own
    1 box of sugar free dry jello

Soften the cream cheese and whip to a creamy consistancy. Add a little water in a cup, add jello and stir. It helps mix in the jello to the mixture. Mix into cream cheese, then fold in whipped cream. A little goes a long way so if you can get 12 servings from it it's about 4 carbs. If you make your own whipped cream it might be less. I just keep it in a container in the fridge and take a few bites of it when the mood strikes. My favorite is the black cherry jello. Yum!
  • LowCarbForLife
    LowCarbForLife Posts: 82 Member
    Options

What does everyone do for cream cheese? The 1/3 fat and regular 8oz blocks have the same carb amount. I've been using the 1/3 fat but I'm under on calories often so I figure I might as well get the regular. I found a delicious recipe that cures a sweet tooth.

8oz cream cheese

Soften the cream cheese and whip to a creamy consistancy. Add a little water in a cup, add jello and stir. It helps mix in the jello to the mixture. Mix into cream cheese, then fold in whipped cream. A little goes a long way so if you can get 12 servings from it it's about 4 carbs. If you make your own whipped cream it might be less. I just keep it in a container in the fridge and take a few bites of it when the mood strikes. My favorite is the black cherry jello. Yum!

My rule of thumb is when in doubt, eat more fat. IMO, ditch the 1/3 fat CC and go for the real deal.
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hey all the WF came my way too!

another pound gone.
    10.6 lbs to go and I so hope I can do that by Nov. 11th.

but every pound gone is gone forever either way.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Nichole

PS I had to add that I am finally in the healthy weight range for my height. Even if it's like right inside it like right there ya know on the edge I'll take it LOL ..I just about freaked when I saw "Your weight is within healthy BMI range"
  • Shannonigans84
    Options
    That's great Nichole!! I'm hoping I'm paid a visit since I fixed what I was doing wrong.
  • SouLThinking
    Options
    That's great Nichole!! I'm hoping I'm paid a visit since I fixed what I was doing wrong.

I've been there I was having a SF type coffee creamer too and once I switched back to my heavy whipping cream I not only like it more cuz it's so creamy but I started losing. It will happen you'll see!
  • kjpersich
    kjpersich Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading the thread. I would love to join your group. I live the low carb life style. I can't wait to try all the new recipes!
  • Shannonigans84
    Options
    I'm excited to try new recipes as well :smile:

As far as the whipping cream goes, is that enough or does it need sweetener too?
  • SouLThinking
    Options
    I'm excited to try new recipes as well :smile:

As far as the whipping cream goes, is that enough or does it need sweetener too?

I know each person has his/her feelings about artificial sweeteners ...I use SPLENDA and LOVE IT ..with never one ill effect. So yes I use 3 or 4 packets and 1 tablespoon of hvy whp crm. I have one cup every morning.

I'm about to post a little discovery I just made ...yum!

BRB
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options

8oz cream cheese

I usually use regular cream cheese. On my website below, I have a few recipes for low carb cheesecake and Oopsie rolls too that are awesome :)
  • SouLThinking
    Options
    So I had decided to have some peanut butter for my evening snack...because I haven't been hitting my calories.

I go into the kitchen and carefully measure out the peanut butter.

I usually sprinkle a little splenda on top. Well, in my little splenda bowl I have some Flavor Blend packets mixed in with my regular packets. I decide on a whim to use one of the Mocha flavor ones. I mixed it into the peanut butter and I am not lying when I say it puts
    a candy bar to shame. That was very very good!
  • Shannonigans84
    Options
    I've never heard of the flavor blend packets! Sounds amazing. Dittiepe I checked out your site, I definitely need to try some of your recipes! Oh, and I've been using splenda for years, I'm a big fan.
  • secret_sally
    Options
    I had a carton of whipping cream, should I be limiting my dairy/fat intake?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Philadelphia cream cheese 33% less fat is less than one gram of carbs vs. 2 grams for the regular. I've been using that instead.
  • dittiepe
    Options
    I had a carton of whipping cream, should I be limiting my dairy/fat intake?

You should stay away from dairy at first, but you can eventually add it back in. Heavy whipping cream is a great thing to add to eggs(scrambled, omelet), coffee, tea, and so much more :) It's tasty good!
  • dittiepe
    Options
    I've never heard of the flavor blend packets! Sounds amazing. Dittiepe I checked out your site, I definitely need to try some of your recipes! Oh, and I've been using splenda for years, I'm a big fan.

Hope you like 'em. And if you have any low carb recipes you'd like me to add, just let me know! (that goes for everyone! ) I'm trying to make it a complete site with lots and lots of recipes for people to search through. Eventually I'll update it into sections to make searching easier.
  • secret_sally
    Options
    My calorie count surpasses 3000-4000 and I noticed I gained 2 inches around the waist :( .... am I doing something wrong
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    Does anyone know why you are not supposed to eat ricotta or cottage cheese during induction of Atkins?
    I assume the nuts are bc you can so easily over do them.
  • SueInAz
    Options
    Does anyone know why you are not supposed to eat ricotta or cottage cheese during induction of Atkins?
    I assume the nuts are bc you can so easily over do them.
    Soft cheeses have a lot more carbs than hard cheeses. It's really that simple. During induction, you're limited to foods that are very low in carbs. As you move through the phases, you'll be adding foods with more and more carbs.
  • SueInAz
    Options
    My calorie count surpasses 3000-4000 and I noticed I gained 2 inches around the waist :( .... am I doing something wrong
    You're eating more than 3000 calories per day? That's probably why. You shouldn't be eating that much.
  • dittiepe
    Options

Wow, you're eating way too much. You should probably be hanging around 1500-1800.