Atkins Support Group

Options

Replies

• pork_belly
    Options
    I ended up picking up a coffee grinder (burr type) and it works really well. I found Golden Flaxseed for 85 cents a pound at Winco. The have an awesome bulk goods section!
  • pork_belly
    Options
    I just made some delicious and EASY pumpkin pancakes!

Serves 1; 391 calories, 16g carbs, 8g fiber (8g net carbs), 17g protein, 30g fat, 5g sugar

This is a big serving, very filling.

1/4 cup 100% pumpkin
    1/2 cup egg beaters (used this to keep the fat down, 2 whole eggs adds 10g fat)
    1/8 cup heavy whipping cream
    1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
    4 packets of splenda, divided
    2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
    1 Tbsp cream cheese
    pinch of salt

Mix together everything but the cream cheese and one packet of splenda. Save that for a topping, I have it added to the counts. Set griddle or pan to 350 degrees. Butter or spray the pan and make 6 small pancakes. This makes them much easier to flip. I waited until they looked set, flipped, then cooked them an additional 40 seconds.

The recipe I modified called for 1/2 tsp of vanilla, but I forgot to add it and tasted great without. To include it adds 1g carbs.

I'm sure SF syrup and butter would also taste good.

Will need to try this!!!!! Thanks!!!
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Little bit of a stall...seems I was going crazy with the Peanut Butter! So, I've cut way back on the PB, and upped the water, and I'm starting to lose again!
    Does anyone have any good recipes that I can use my chocolate extract with?
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It's hard to limit pb, it's so good! Not sure on the chocolate extract, sounds yummy though. I saw rootbeer extract the other day..interesting!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Little bit of a stall...seems I was going crazy with the Peanut Butter! So, I've cut way back on the PB, and upped the water, and I'm starting to lose again!
    Does anyone have any good recipes that I can use my chocolate extract with?
    You can easily put it into a MIM instead of the cinnamon, or even in addition to it, if you like the flavor combination.

http://www.atkins.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe905/Muffin-in-a-Minute-(MIM).aspx
  • Shannonigans84
    Options
    I just got back from Walmart, I got a bunch of stuff I needed to try new things, yay!

I noticed they have a ton of new extract flavors. I'd buy some if I knew what to do with it. They even had peanut butter! Might be good along with chocolate extract for mims like Sue mentioned.
  • Shannonigans84
    Options
    Ooo, good news! I was looking up my pumpkin pancake recipe and realized I guessed how many Tbsp 1/8 cup of cream was (The original recipe I modifed had 2 servings and I had to cut everything in half). I thought it was 4, but it's only 2. So that lowers the counts a bit!

291 Cals

16g Carbs

8g fiber

17g protein

20g fat

5g sugar
  • martinah4
    Options
    Yes, I should try to add the chocolate extract to the MIM. I already make it with hersheys cocoa and sometimes a tbsp of PB.
  • Shannonigans84
    Options
    I did a cocoa mim with peanut butter after your suggestion Martina, yum! I'm finding I always come in low for the day so I'm trying to up my calories.

How is everyone doing? I'm still waiting for the scale to move, these last few pounds are proving to be quite stubborn!
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    these last few pounds are proving to be quite stubborn!

Amen!!

Today is day 12 on my induction experiment. I was losing about 1 lb every ten days. I've lost nothing LOL .so frustrating. I guess I'm going back to OWL and watching my calories too. I would much rather lose and have a bigger menu then maintain and miss out. I may not hit my goal by 11/11 but I would be a couple lbs lighter and at this rate I would just be stuck.

Such a guessing game but I got impatient and they always say your last 10 lbs is the hardest. Good luck

Nichole

PS I brought home the coffee grinder you guys and made my MIM. I could only eat half with 1 tbl of PB and I loved it. I missed those!
  • SueInAz
    Options
    Feeling good this morning. Last week I was very bad. :blushing: I overate carbs, overate in general and drank way too much beer and as a result I put on a little over 3 pounds from Sunday to Sunday. I haven't really been perfect this week either, but I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm back to where I was before the madness. Whew!

It's times like this where I wonder why it was so damn hard for me to lose weight last year and the year before that and the year before that.
  • martinah4
    Options
    I don't get it....I was cruisin' along losing about .5 pounds a day. Then, this morning I was up 2 lbs. I went to Zumba, went to the bathroom and gained another pound. Took a shower, weighed soaking wet, and I was down a pound (but still 2 up).
    WTF?
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    WF be trippin! Funny how you gained a pound after going to the bathroom.

:laugh:
  • SueInAz
    Options
    I don't get it....I was cruisin' along losing about .5 pounds a day. Then, this morning I was up 2 lbs. I went to Zumba, went to the bathroom and gained another pound. Took a shower, weighed soaking wet, and I was down a pound (but still 2 up).
    WTF?
    The WF is definitely losing it. :laugh: I'm sure it's just water weight. Did you eat more than average amounts of sodium yesterday or is it almost that time of the month? My weight will definitely fluctuate wildly due to either of those.
  • Shannonigans84
    Options
    Yeah, it sounds like some crazy water fluctuations. I think someone is holding the WF hostage!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I have to hit Walmart this weekend to see what extract flavor they have.
    I'm doing ok with main meal but i still want sweet for dessert.
    I made the ice cream from Linda website. I did not notice the calorie, only count the carb. 8 carb for the whole cup of ice cream.
    I just found out I ate 800 carb for dessert.

Martinah4, if the scale jumps up 2 lbs overnight. I would not take it so seriously. Water retention is sux.
    SueInAz, that's why there is 30% or less of people who lose weight can keep it off.
    I think it's hard to lose weight but maintenant is harder. I learned my mistake.
    When I go down to right weight, I thought the battle is over... and let my guard and here I'm again!
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    HI all happy Friday. Busy week has left me drained. I'm walking in the Race for the Cure tomorrow. Hoping you all get visited by the wooshie fairy this weekend. My weight is fluctuating too. I showed a 0.6 loss yesterday. I'll take it.

God Bless
    Nichole
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Been scarce for a little bit. Had surgery monday so I have one arm in a sling for a while. I'm cheating today and giving it a break while I'm sitting. LOL. Bumping up the protein a lot due to the surgery(protein helps healing!).

I wanted to pop in to let ya'll know that I posted a few new recipes on my website. The link is below in my sig. :) Hope ya'll like 'em!
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    File this under the TMI category....
    but I was wondering if anyone else here has had stomach issues. I actually came to low carb bc I was so uncomfortable and bloated and not losing any weight while following weight watchers plan. I had tons of gas before and never could pin point it. I assumed I was gluten intolerant and cut that out but realized the symptoms were not all gone. So, I went on my own elim diet and start researching. Anyway, I landed on low carb and Atkins and started feeling AMAZING. No more tummy troubles!!!!!

Now, on occaission, I have added in a small amount of berries. Each time I have noticed that I have gas the next day and some bloating. I have read about people being sugar intolerant.

I guess I was wondering if anyone else here has experienced this. I tried "sweet leaf" stevia and thought it didn't agree with me also. I had never considered fruit before my Atkins and I was eating 2-3 servings at least a day.

http://www.uptodate.com/contents/patient-information-gas-and-bloating

Intolerance to food sugars — Some people are intolerant of sugars contained in certain foods. Two common examples are fructose (contained in dried fruit, honey, sucrose, onions, artichokes, and many foods and drinks that contain "high fructose corn syrup") and sorbitol (a sugar substitute contained in some sugar free candies and chewing gum).

Diseases associated with increased gas — A number of diseases can cause difficulty absorbing carbohydrates, which can lead to increased gas. This problem can occur in people with celiac disease (a disease caused by intolerance to a protein contained in wheat), short bowel syndrome, and in some rare disorders. (See "Patient information: Celiac disease in adults".)
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I just made some delicious and EASY pumpkin pancakes!

Serves 1; 391 calories, 16g carbs, 8g fiber (8g net carbs), 17g protein, 30g fat, 5g sugar

This is a big serving, very filling.

1/4 cup 100% pumpkin
    1/2 cup egg beaters (used this to keep the fat down, 2 whole eggs adds 10g fat)
    1/8 cup heavy whipping cream
    1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
    4 packets of splenda, divided
    2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
    1 Tbsp cream cheese
    pinch of salt

Mix together everything but the cream cheese and one packet of splenda. Save that for a topping, I have it added to the counts. Set griddle or pan to 350 degrees. Butter or spray the pan and make 6 small pancakes. This makes them much easier to flip. I waited until they looked set, flipped, then cooked them an additional 40 seconds.

The recipe I modified called for 1/2 tsp of vanilla, but I forgot to add it and tasted great without. To include it adds 1g carbs.

I'm sure SF syrup and butter would also taste good.

Will need to try this!!!!! Thanks!!!

This is so going to be my Saturday morning breakfast!! Can't wait!